Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• No kidding, two years in hell to go anywhere you want. I suppose the closest thing to a hardship station is teaching at the academy (as permanent staff) or going to HQ.

Comment

• I am a current CBPO on the SWB and was offered Presidio?

Should I take it? Or is Presidio a terrible place? I know there isn't much there in terms of entertainment, food, etc.

What is the management like there?

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
            I am a current CBPO on the SWB and was offered Presidio?

Should I take it? Or is Presidio a terrible place? I know there isn't much there in terms of entertainment, food, etc.

What is the management like there?
            delphi forums has good info on ports, it would be good to try there but I'm sure someone will chime in here eventually.
            BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• Does anyone know if BP will have another hiring announcement on USAJOBS anytime within the next year?

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• They should push the defense budget through the closer we get. It's right before the election. It would not be politically smart for anyone to let the cuts take place. At any rate, it's to soon to tell or get discouraged. Wait until after the election to get a solid feel for what is coming. Here is an interesting read on what SHU has stated, no disrespect intended SHU. In short, something is in the works but a lot of Agents disagree on what that means in terms of hiring. Read more about it here before you get discouraged:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/...ol&msg=54645.1

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                        For those of you in the process to become Patrol Agents I have to tell you things are looking very bad. At this time It does not look like the Patrol is going to be hiring much In the future if at all. Big cuts look likely in the next few months so if you are in the process and you have other options you should seriously consider focusing your efforts with the other agencies. Big pay cuts are being talked about for existing PAs. If you want to go federal, the CBPO position appears to be your safest bet due to their pay structure. Also some police agencies around the country are still hiring quite a bit. Try to focus on agencies that have a good tax base and do not depend on lots of federal grants. These are tuff times and it appears things are going to get much worse. I'm posting this information so hopefully some of you who have other options will strongly consider taking them. My agency is looking more and more like the titanic.
                        On this note, have you heard any whisperings on the topic of AUO?

Comment

• Originally posted by mayburymh View Post
                          On this note, have you heard any whisperings on the topic of AUO?
                          Yes and it wasnt good...

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                            Yes and it wasnt good...
                            Damn. I was hoping that was just a local rumor.

Comment

• I'm not sure the pay structure in OFO is any better. Different, yeah...and less dependent on overtime...sure. Much of our money sits on shift differential pay. Plus, our OT(and some hires and equipment) is funded in large part through COBRA fees on people and cargo. Those funds are unappropriated.

Still, discretionary OT has been drying up in OFO for years. Ours simply has been a 'death of a thousand cuts' variety.

I recently pulled up CBP's overtime breakdown. It's quite informative the difference between the amounts of $$$ spent within OBP on "overtime" as opposed to the amounts of $$$ spent within OFO on "overtime". Perhaps even shocking.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:58 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4841 users online. 297 members and 4544 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X