Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
    Is there Math on the exam?
    hi, you may be referring to the CBPO test. for Border Patrol there is no math, just ALT/spanish and logical reasoning.
    BPA( California)

    NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

    Comment


    • Okay, thanks buddy.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
        Okay, thanks buddy.
        no problem, i just applied to mpdc like 2 days ago actually. got my orientation online on the 2nd. hope it all works out
        BPA( California)

        NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

        Comment


        • Dghai62...message me if you have any questions.

          Comment


          • JLAB...I tried to send you a message. Inbox me.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
              Dghai62...message me if you have any questions.
              hey i did msg you. no reply though
              BPA( California)

              NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

              Comment


              • Dghai62...I sent you a message.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                  Dghai62...I sent you a message.
                  pm replied sir/maam..
                  Last edited by dghai62; 07-16-2012, 07:32 PM.
                  BPA( California)

                  NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

                  Comment


                  • meathead question for those that have been to the academy, I am an avid workout nut and I am wondering if there is a weight room on academy that we can use during FLETC or is there a 24-hour fitness close by?

                    Comment


                    • There is a weight room on base, but it isn't open 24 hours a day. However, with a trainee's structured schedule you really wouldn't need it to be anyways.

                      Comment


                      • Haven't been on this forum in a while but the last I heard about my status was that my my BI was complete and on a desk waiting for adjucation. That was about 3 months ago and I'm coming up on my 2 year mark in the BPA process. Haven't recieved a NOPA letter or a referal for a poly (yet). Fingers crossed I won't get one so I can just go straight into TSU and EOD soon.

                        My timeline:

                        Geo Preference: Texas
                        Applied:9/29/10
                        Tested:10/21/10
                        NOR:10/25/10 85%
                        Cert date: 10/26/10
                        TSL:1/12/11
                        Oral board:3/8/11 PASSED
                        Medical/Physical:4/26/11 PASSED
                        Drug test:8/11/11 PASSED
                        BI:Met investigator 9/26/11
                        Poly:???
                        TSU:???
                        EOD:???
                        Pft2:???

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by stevenlee49 View Post
                          . . . Haven't recieved a NOPA letter or a referal for a poly (yet). Fingers crossed I won't get one so I can just go straight into TSU and EOD soon. . . .
                          my understanding (NOT stating this as fact) is that all BPA applicants are now required to undergo a polygraph examination. if that is the case you will not be referred without one.

                          taken from the BPA monthly newsletter:

                          "Expect a Polygraph
                          Applicants for entry-level Border Patrol agent positions should expect to undergo a polygraph examination as part of their pre- employment requirements. Polygraph results are used to determine suitability for the position."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by G13 View Post
                            my understanding (NOT stating this as fact) is that all BPA applicants are now required to undergo a polygraph examination. if that is the case you will not be referred without one.

                            taken from the BPA monthly newsletter:

                            "Expect a Polygraph
                            Applicants for entry-level Border Patrol agent positions should expect to undergo a polygraph examination as part of their pre- employment requirements. Polygraph results are used to determine suitability for the position."
                            Some people have been EOD without taking polys so im guessing its still random right now i know CBP is 100% I think BP was gonna start 100% the next fiscal year which is only a couple of months away.Don't quote me on that though. I guess it would be better to get my poly date before entering TSU. Alot of people have been getting pulled from TSU to take polys I personally think that would be discouraging to look at your CASS and go from all green to BI pending again.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by stevenlee49 View Post
                              Some people have been EOD without taking polys so im guessing its still random right now i know CBP is 100% I think BP was gonna start 100% the next fiscal year which is only a couple of months away.Don't quote me on that though. I guess it would be better to get my poly date before entering TSU. Alot of people have been getting pulled from TSU to take polys I personally think that would be discouraging to look at your CASS and go from all green to BI pending again.
                              BP is in CBP. You're thinking of OFO. It's a little petty to correct you on this, I know, but it's a pet peeve of mine.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mayburymh View Post
                                BP is in CBP. You're thinking of OFO. It's a little petty to correct you on this, I know, but it's a pet peeve of mine.
                                Yes it is but if I have to break it down further, all Customs applicants are subject to a polygraph and most Border Patrol applicants are subject to a polygraph. The hiring process though both agencies are part of one company "Customs and Border Protection" still have different hiring processes. Now, i just posted this question reguarding 100% polygraphs on Honorfirst.com and looks like yes the 100% polygraph seems to be in affect with Border Patrol applicants as well.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6825 users online. 296 members and 6529 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X