Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apco, how long til you were notified of passing the poly?

Comment

• What's the best study guide for the BP exam?

Comment

• Anyone know if they are still hiring (when hiring opens again) up to the day before your 40th birthday?
        He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
        shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
        - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

• MPD: the study guide was what I used. Pick which language you want to use.

Comment

• JLAB...I have studied that. Are there any other study guides I can buy from a bookstore?

Thanks for replying JLAB!

Comment

• The Border Patrol Study Guide was all I used. But, if you want some more practice at the Verbal Reasoning section I would pick up a used Arco TEA Study Guide from your local library. The manual also has a logical reasoning, and investigative section in the book but it is not needed for the BP test; you can just concentrate on the verbal reasoning. The VR section in the Arco book will be much harder than what you will see on the BP exam. You can also use the ICE SA study information because it is similiar. You can get that from the ice.gov website.

Also, I just studied the ALT out of the BP study guide. I know there are a couple manuals out there to help with the ALT, but IMO you just need to grasp the concepts and do the practice tests that are included with the BP study guide.They say to not memorize the BP study guide ALT words because they will be different on the test, but what I did was relate the BP ALT practice examples with the BP test examples while I was taking it. I did a quick table on some scratch paper during the test making it easy to identify the correct reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by striketm View Post
                anybody got TSL1 in the last 2 weeks???
                thats a negative strike, still patiently waiting. also, did everyone hear around the BP shooting in Texas? i wanted to know what's everyones thoughts regarding if someone pointed a gun at you, would it be just to shoot them, and also i may sound crazy but i agree with the BP agents shooting the illegals who were throwing rocks at them , a lot of those rocks are big and can cause just as much damage as a gunshot wound.
                BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Thanks a lot Blue Steel! I failed the FBI agent exam and want to make sure that I am really prepared for the BP exam.

Good luck in your process!

Comment

• I took my Polly in April....USSS gave me the exam in Chicago. I cleared last week of June.
                      U.S. Border Patrol
                      Written - 09/2009 scored 92
                      Re-applied 08/2011
                      TSL-1 Received 9/07/2011
                      PFT1 - Passed - 10/11/2011
                      Medical 10/11/2011 Pending
                      Oral Board - 11/19/2011 PASSED
                      GL09 Eligible - 10-22-2011
                      TSL2 10-21-2011
                      BI - Fingerprint cards mailed 11/17/2011,
                      SF86 E-Quip submitted, BI Begins 11-31-2011
                      Medical Cleared 12/2011
                      BI submitted by investigator 12/19/2011 Cleared 6-25-2012
                      Poly 4-2012
                      Drug Test Passsed 6-25-2012
                      TSU Refered to EOD 6-25-2012
                      Waiting for the Calll!

Comment

• Thanks apco!

Comment

• Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                          Thanks a lot Blue Steel! I failed the FBI agent exam and want to make sure that I am really prepared for the BP exam.

Good luck in your process!
                          I have taken the FBI Phase I on two different occasions and failed it. I am not sure what happened on that last time around because I felt good about it. I believe the TEA exam for the USSS was much harder and I passed that. I will say that the BP Exam will be nothing like the FBI test. The Verbal Reasoning isn't that bad, but the ALT can make your head spin if you aren't prepared. If you know spanish and are doing the Spanish Language test instead of the ALT, you will be through with it in probably 15 minutes. Most of the applicants that did the Spanish Language Test were done with that section extremely fast.

Good Luck to you!

Comment

• Thanks BlueSteel!

I do not think that the FBI exam is a measure of someone's intelligence. I think it is a measure of how focused someone can be for a long period of time. The portion that got me was the logical reasoning. I am not going to disclose the types of questions that are on the exam but I will say that anyone that is taking it soon needs to study logical reasoning questions a lot. Did I mention a lot?

Comment

• I spoke too soon, hit TSU according to CASS on 6-25! Yeah!
                              U.S. Border Patrol
                              Written - 09/2009 scored 92
                              Re-applied 08/2011
                              TSL-1 Received 9/07/2011
                              PFT1 - Passed - 10/11/2011
                              Medical 10/11/2011 Pending
                              Oral Board - 11/19/2011 PASSED
                              GL09 Eligible - 10-22-2011
                              TSL2 10-21-2011
                              BI - Fingerprint cards mailed 11/17/2011,
                              SF86 E-Quip submitted, BI Begins 11-31-2011
                              Medical Cleared 12/2011
                              BI submitted by investigator 12/19/2011 Cleared 6-25-2012
                              Poly 4-2012
                              Drug Test Passsed 6-25-2012
                              TSU Refered to EOD 6-25-2012
                              Waiting for the Calll!

Comment

• The ATL is a cakewalk if you use, expand, and get good at making the "cheat sheet" diagram shown in the practice exam (see the BPA booklet for the diagram). Once you make it and expand the rules, its more systematic then anything else and you will have lots of time to spare. Here is another place where the tables or diagrams are shown.

http://www.honorfirst.com/alt.htm

I studied the diagram that I made and expanded. I committed it to memory before the exam then put it down on the spare sheet of paper and applied the new rules given on test day. I finished with over 30mins left. If you think you will have issues, this will help you.
                                Last edited by semper03; 07-10-2012, 04:40 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8730 users online. 421 members and 8309 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X