Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone on here taken the poly yet? how long did it take for you to get the results back?

Comment

• Originally posted by dghai62 View Post
      i also got a 75, i wouldn't be surprised if they add a new test and push us lower to the totem pole possibly.
      I hope that isn't the case, we'll find out somewhere around late july
      Go wildcats!

Comment

• Originally posted by yohlin2001 View Post
        just to let people get a general idea of the wait time. I passed my written test in October/2010, and my file still stuck in security office. I am under VRA, so soon it will hit the 2 year mark. I am currently trying to get my Masters, so I can actually advance to GL-9 sooner if eventually get hired with BPA.
        Masters in what? That's a LONG time, all your eggs in this basket? If not, where else you looking? Best of luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by yohlin2001 View Post
          just to let people get a general idea of the wait time. I passed my written test in October/2010, and my file still stuck in security office. I am under VRA, so soon it will hit the 2 year mark. I am currently trying to get my Masters, so I can actually advance to GL-9 sooner if eventually get hired with BPA.
          A masters degree will not help you get to GL-9 faster than a GED could. Unless you applied and are hired as a 9 you will get it the same time as your classmates.

Comment

• How many questions is the polygraph? I've taken a polygraph for a police department and it was only 4 questions, with 4 control questions. I've heard this poly can last a few hours. Do they ask everything that's on the background packet or just a few select questions?

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                Madchicken is correct. You needed a masters degree at the time of your initial application in order to be hired at GL9. Getting your masters after the fact will not do you any good as far as advancing your pay grade.
                Not only that, but you will top out at the exact same pay grade as everyone else anyway, even the guys with only a high school diploma. When I went through the academy there were guys who were only 18 years old there. They have been working for Border Patrol for years now, and are GS-12s, and only in their early 20's.

My point is that you shouldn't worry what pay you start at with BP.
                Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• thanks for all the replies, I have decided to go with the Army. The waiting game is too long as of now... I called and they didn't even bother to return a call after 2 weeks. I will have better luck going into OCS with the Army than BPA. Good luck to whoever else that's also waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
                      Not only that, but you will top out at the exact same pay grade as everyone else anyway, even the guys with only a high school diploma. When I went through the academy there were guys who were only 18 years old there. They have been working for Border Patrol for years now, and are GS-12s, and only in their early 20's.

My point is that you shouldn't worry what pay you start at with BP.

Educating yourself is always going to beneficial. You'll be more competitive when it comes time for promotions and be more prepared to excel in your career. Just because you "max out" at the same salary as an officer/agent doesn't mean that this path is destined to occur. Rather, with an education and hard work, you're much more likely to exceed expectations. This is also true with experience, so don't get your feeling hurt military people. Education prepares you for your career, so take advantage.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• can anybody tell me what is the certification date?
                          Go wildcats!

Comment

• Just out of curiosity has anyone with a score in the 70's received a TSL yet?
                            CBPO
                            Application - 03/14/2012
                            GEO: SWB
                            Test - 04/21/2012 (73)
                            NOR - 04/10/2012
                            TSL1 -
                            TSL2 -
                            e-Qip Submitted: Completed
                            Qualifications - GS-5
                            PFT1 & Medical - Passed
                            VBT & S.I. - Passed
                            Drug Test - Passed
                            B.I. - Passed
                            Poly - Passed
                            PFT2 -
                            EOD -

BPA
                            Application Date: 07/29/2011
                            Examination Date: 08/20/2010
                            NOR: 08/16/2011 (75)
                            TSL:
                            PFT1: Pass
                            Med: Pass
                            SI: Pass
                            B.I: Pass
                            PFT2: Pass
                            EOD: 03/09/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Nieto2588 View Post
                              Educating yourself is always going to beneficial. You'll be more competitive when it comes time for promotions and be more prepared to excel in your career. Just because you "max out" at the same salary as an officer/agent doesn't mean that this path is destined to occur. Rather, with an education and hard work, you're much more likely to exceed expectations. This is also true with experience, so don't get your feeling hurt military people. Education prepares you for your career, so take advantage.
                              I disagree. I have seen too many people with little/no education beyond high school get promoted in the Border Patrol. It just isn't necessary.
                              Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Not yet, Last month people who scored between 95 and 90 got the TSL. If this pattern keeps going, this month people who scored between 89 to 85 should hear something. It appears that on the 30th day of the month OPM sends tsls.
                                Go wildcats!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12184 users online. 408 members and 11776 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X