Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in the process with CBP...

Comment

• This is the forum for Border Patrol Agent. Your going to want to get info about CBP on the CBP Officer forum.
      BPA
      Written (87) 11/29/10
      NOR 12/3/10
      TSL1 07/26/11
      Poly 08/15/11
      PT 08/22/11
      Drug Test 09/02/11
      OB 09/13/11
      BI meeting 10/10/11
      TSU 06/29/12

CBPO
      Written (79) 12/07/10
      NOR 02/01/11 (LAX/LB)
      NOR 04/28/11 (CA SWB)
      TSL1 06/14/11
      Poly 08/15/11
      Medical and PT 08/22/11
      VBT/SI 08/26/11
      Drug Test 09/02/11
      BI meeting 10/10/11
      TSU 06/21/12
      EOD 08/13/12
      FLETC 09/12/12-01/25/13

Comment

• Originally posted by guillenv View Post
        I really want to do Customs to be closer to family... can anyone tell me how likely i am to get el paso, tx?
        You will have much better luck directing these questions at honorfirst > http://forums.delphiforums.com/borderpatrol/start

Generally though you get what they offer and the odds that you will get a specific location is probably very slim. The odds of getting TX is not bad if it is in your geo preference. But it is not uncommon to get offered a potions in say NM or AZ. Ask on the agent/applicant forum for more information from actual agents. I'm just a hopeful app.

Comment

• ^

This information is referring to border patrol agent positions. As others have stated, if you are going though the customs officer hiring process try the CBP officer forum. There is one on delphi also.

Comment

• Just curious to know if anyone with a score in the 70's has received a TSL yet? I actually went through the entire process and made it to the academy only to be sent home 5 days from graduation b/c I didn't pass law. Before passing judgement on me just know that I wasn't out there partying. I just had a hard time grasping some of the material in the end. I reapplied to go back as soon as I came back home, but I see they're stuck in the low 80's. This time around failure isn't an option for me.
            CBPO
            Application - 03/14/2012
            GEO: SWB
            Test - 04/21/2012 (73)
            NOR - 04/10/2012
            TSL1 -
            TSL2 -
            e-Qip Submitted: Completed
            Qualifications - GS-5
            PFT1 & Medical - Passed
            VBT & S.I. - Passed
            Drug Test - Passed
            B.I. - Passed
            Poly - Passed
            PFT2 -
            EOD -

BPA
            Application Date: 07/29/2011
            Examination Date: 08/20/2010
            NOR: 08/16/2011 (75)
            TSL:
            PFT1: Pass
            Med: Pass
            SI: Pass
            B.I: Pass
            PFT2: Pass
            EOD: 03/09/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by JStylez80 View Post
              Just curious to know if anyone with a score in the 70's has received a TSL yet? I actually went through the entire process and made it to the academy only to be sent home 5 days from graduation b/c I didn't pass law. Before passing judgement on me just know that I wasn't out there partying. I just had a hard time grasping some of the material in the end. I reapplied to go back as soon as I came back home, but I see they're stuck in the low 80's. This time around failure isn't an option for me.
              same here, NOR=75, it will be a while if lucky.... currently sending TSL1 to 95s to low 90s.
              Go wildcats!

Comment

• July applicant here. Only waiting on poly which is scheduled this month. How long after the poly have people been waiting to eod?

Comment

• Originally posted by striketm View Post
                  same here, NOR=75, it will be a while if lucky.... currently sending TSL1 to 95s to low 90s.
                  i also got a 75, i wouldn't be surprised if they add a new test and push us lower to the totem pole possibly.
                  BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• I got a 100 NOR, 100 on test , but no vet points. It's going slowwwww.

Comment

• Now, BPA has two classes for a month. A few none VETs are called.

Comment

• just to let people get a general idea of the wait time. I passed my written test in October/2010, and my file still stuck in security office. I am under VRA, so soon it will hit the 2 year mark. I am currently trying to get my Masters, so I can actually advance to GL-9 sooner if eventually get hired with BPA.

Comment

• I took it about the exact same time as you yohlin. Have you taken a polygraph? I called IA 2 days ago and they said that my packet is still waiting to be adjudicated and they have no idea how long that could take. It was submitted by the background investigator about October 2011, so it's been with IA for about 9 months. I've been applying to police departments and weighing my options for going back into the Marines while I wait.

Comment

• hi outlook777, Mine have been sitting in security office since September of 2011, and I doubt it will go anywhere as it is reaching on year mark. I have not taken a polygraph yet. I called them, and they even have yet return my call for about one week now.

I was looking into Army Special forces and other jobs that they got, I have draw the line as of this year will be the end of my waiting period for them. I think waiting for 2 years for a job is in my opinion not efficient at this moment. I would rather pick something up and reapply when the economy is good again.

Comment

• Hi all, I received a call last week to take my polygraph on 07/02, and I have yet to meet with my BI. I was under the assumption that I needed to meet with my BI first and then be sent to take a poly? Anyways does anyone know the typical timeline once I take the poly? My timeline is posted below if anyone wants to take a look...

Comment

• MDPD, not sure. Mine is kind of opposite. I met with the BI in March, he said he sent my file in soon after, and now I have my poly tomorrow. I think I was someone this thread that took the poly in december and is still waiting. MHC told me that December-ish is the earliest I'd hear anything for an offer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5263 users online. 199 members and 5064 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X