Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Arghhhh! I just got a 2nd letter asking for more info about my medical!! And my background STILL hasn't been started (going on 6 months since I submitted the E-Qip)"

Most people are waiting between 9 and 10 months until they have their initial background interview. Mine was 8 weeks ago and my CASS still says in the security office. It is a very long process, you have people in front of you and people behind you. Take everyones advice and stay clear but pretend your not in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by ianreynolds91 View Post
      "Arghhhh! I just got a 2nd letter asking for more info about my medical!! And my background STILL hasn't been started (going on 6 months since I submitted the E-Qip)"

Most people are waiting between 9 and 10 months until they have their initial background interview. Mine was 8 weeks ago and my CASS still says in the security office. It is a very long process, you have people in front of you and people behind you. Take everyones advice and stay clear but pretend your not in the process.
      Oh I know it's a long process. Reading that post again it really does look like I've never done this before, but I've been through this process before and it's not the only agency I'm applying with... I was just venting since there is no one at home to vent to...hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by exnav1995 View Post
        Oh I know it's a long process. Reading that post again it really does look like I've never done this before, but I've been through this process before and it's not the only agency I'm applying with... I was just venting since there is no one at home to vent to...hahaha
        Ha, I hear ya on that. Venting is very important when it comes to all these processes. I just wanted to let you know so you had some sort of understanding. For about the first year of this process I was thinking it was gonna be days until it all worked out, not weeks, months of even years at this rate. Either way, good luck to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopefulBP View Post
          Is Border Patrol Still sending out TSL's?
          Yes they are a few people I know received their TSL recently. However, be ready to wait around to 8 months after taking the test to receive a TSL. It is based on your score, the higher the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ianreynolds91 View Post
            Ha, I hear ya on that. Venting is very important when it comes to all these processes. I just wanted to let you know so you had some sort of understanding. For about the first year of this process I was thinking it was gonna be days until it all worked out, not weeks, months of even years at this rate. Either way, good luck to you.
            Yeah, it's pretty frustrating, and I think it's made worse that I'm actually unemployed at the moment so I don't really have much to distract me during the day... except working out but you can only do that so much. good luck to you as well!

Comment

• Okay so i found out I am on the list for the next academy classes, I will either be in the next one or the one after, now are the ones scheduled up to 09/24 full or are they still filling them?

Comment

• Originally posted by urbancommando View Post
                Okay so i found out I am on the list for the next academy classes, I will either be in the next one or the one after, now are the ones scheduled up to 09/24 full or are they still filling them?
                How do you know that you are in the next academy class? They are still filling up the next academy classes but as of class 1005 it has been filled with military veteran applicants under VRA. What is your time line and cert. date?
                BPA
                Test 8/31/10 score: 92
                TO 9/15/10 CA pref.
                OB 11/09/10
                Med/PFT1 3/10/11
                LASIK 05/19/11
                Security Office 06/28/11
                BI Meeting: 07/27/11
                Med cleared 08/30/11
                Drug Test-09/08/11
                Tentatively met requirements-12/07/11
                TSU---12/12/11

Cert. Date--09/03/2010

Call-06/15/2012- Calexico, CA
                Class 1006

Comment

• Hey guys.

So I passed my SI yesterday and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my next question.

I have not had any correspondance from BP about the eQip. I have it already filled out for Customs but it was never actually submitted. I know there are signature forms and such to fill out and send in, but I am not sure who to send them in too. Should I be waiting for an email, or will there be a letter with finger print cards coming my way?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by jbowen4 View Post
                    Hey guys.

So I passed my SI yesterday and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my next question.

I have not had any correspondance from BP about the eQip. I have it already filled out for Customs but it was never actually submitted. I know there are signature forms and such to fill out and send in, but I am not sure who to send them in too. Should I be waiting for an email, or will there be a letter with finger print cards coming my way?

Thanks in advance
                    Weren't you supposed to attach the signature sheets to the eqip at the end and upload it all? That's how it is done for BPA. Also, my E-Qip stuff came after my interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by exnav1995 View Post
                      Weren't you supposed to attach the signature sheets to the eqip at the end and upload it all? That's how it is done for BPA. Also, my E-Qip stuff came after my interview.
                      so you got some sort of instructions on what to do after the SI? Thats kinda what I needed to know. I guess I will just have to watch the mail. I just do not want to delay anything. Not that it makes that much of a difference but the sooner it gets in, the sooner they can start their investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbowen4 View Post
                        so you got some sort of instructions on what to do after the SI? Thats kinda what I needed to know. I guess I will just have to watch the mail. I just do not want to delay anything. Not that it makes that much of a difference but the sooner it gets in, the sooner they can start their investigation.
                        Not really, in my case that's how it happened. I got a packet vie email after the interview and it had instructions. I don't remember exactly how long after the interview, but I think it was a couple of weeks.

Comment

• Hello All... New to site. I am in the Air Force and have been for 10yrs. I have finished and passed all the pre-qual process. However I recently found out that I can not be offered a position or port until I am out of the military. this is making me second guess doing customs because my family and I dont know where to go or move all of our things once we are out of the military. What is the average wait for receiving a offer for SWB? Anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• If you are all cleared, poly and everything I would pull the trigger but that is a choice you have to make. You can put most of your stuff in storage and snag an apartment with a month to month lease. Or you could stay with family for a few months? Just trying to help you some. You will have unemployment you can collect till you get an offer. It's not much but it will keep you going if you have some money saved up. If not, you can enroll in college while you wait. The GI bill will pay your rent and class cost. VRA's are going to the front of the line for calls so you should not have to wait to long (a few months maybe less) but you never know with CBP.

Comment

• I really want to do Customs to be closer to family... can anyone tell me how likely i am to get el paso, tx?

Comment

• There is a difference between Customs, OFO, or CBP (as they generally call themselves) and Border Patrol. Each will have a different answer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9376 users online. 426 members and 8950 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X