Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed their recruiting video showed a lot of SWAT so I'm assuming to get into Swat would be fairly easy compared to LAPD or another big city?
    BPA - Pending BI
    Two local depts. - Pending BI

Comment

Madchicken what sector are you in? I applied for AZ as my location and am still hoping the availability/vacancy is still wide open enough to be considered. I've been through the entire gamut for CBPO and have been referred to EOD since 01/11/08. Apparently they hired 200 people and I was #201. My question is - Have you seen any slow down with the intake of new recruits that could cause the same scenario? I feel confident my 96% on the test will put me high enough to at least receive a packet. I just worry for the same result.

Comment

Yeah you definitely want to get out before the 10 hour mark hits.

As for SWAT, its a recruitment video so take it for what its worth. For the most part though, after two years in you can apply....

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbnm View Post
          Yeah you definitely want to get out before the 10 hour mark hits.
          Did 21 hours today, on my Friday... And I even planned to just do 8 hours today. Darn 67 minute vehicle pursuit/spike/foot pursuit/atv pursuit. Loved every minute of it, atleast until the paperwork...

Comment

Originally posted by Thulsa75 View Post
            Madchicken what sector are you in? I applied for AZ as my location and am still hoping the availability/vacancy is still wide open enough to be considered. I've been through the entire gamut for CBPO and have been referred to EOD since 01/11/08. Apparently they hired 200 people and I was #201. My question is - Have you seen any slow down with the intake of new recruits that could cause the same scenario? I feel confident my 96% on the test will put me high enough to at least receive a packet. I just worry for the same result.
            Im in San Diego, I wouldn't worry about there not being any positions available. It just might not be where you want to go, but AZ is one of the areas getting the most trainees.

Comment

Any chance of my previous BI from CBPO helping to get the ball rolling with BP? When I spoke with the recruiter they had said they may be able to "amend" it if I were to get a TO. Only thing is, I'm not sure if he was sure of the information that he gave. Still waiting on the packet, hopefully will be here in a few days.

Comment

Are BP agents ever on dirt bikes (not ATVs?)
                Last edited by Sarkis; 06-02-2008, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis View Post
                  Are BP agents ever on dirt bikes (not ATVs?)
                  yes

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

City or county officer, or Border Patro, city or county officer, or border patrol...X10000000.

Comment

Originally posted by Thulsa75 View Post
                      Any chance of my previous BI from CBPO helping to get the ball rolling with BP? When I spoke with the recruiter they had said they may be able to "amend" it if I were to get a TO. Only thing is, I'm not sure if he was sure of the information that he gave. Still waiting on the packet, hopefully will be here in a few days.
                      You know I have the same thing going on. I took the BP test and had everything completed except the BI ....I then took the CBPO test and when I checked my status on CASS one month later, I only have my VBT results and BI pending with with CBPO, So I wanna say that they should use your BI from a previous application, cuz it's pretty much all together, BPA, CBPO and IEA. When I recieved my preperation manual for the academy it had all three on the front cover.....so hopefully they will and you can just wait till they offer you the better location.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E. Inv. View Post
                        You know I have the same thing going on. I took the BP test and had everything completed except the BI ....I then took the CBPO test and when I checked my status on CASS one month later, I only have my VBT results and BI pending with with CBPO, So I wanna say that they should use your BI from a previous application, cuz it's pretty much all together, BPA, CBPO and IEA. When I recieved my preperation manual for the academy it had all three on the front cover.....so hopefully they will and you can just wait till they offer you the better location.

Everything passed with the CBPO. I have an EOD since 1/22/08. Apparently there are no vacancies now...go figure. After applying for BPA and seeing what it involves, it would seem to be a blessing in disguise of sorts. Ups and downs associate with any job, but to be able to be part of the interdiction of illegal drugs, contraband, and illegal immigration, on a national level, ...it just seems righteous as all h3ll lol. Anyways....I was just hoping since I went through the gauntlet previously that it would help with this time around.

Comment

I am surprised for the BPA process to be going faster than what I thought (Medical/PFT next Monday), consirering I was in the upper 70's on my test. For CBPO I scored low 90's and not a single word eversince.

Sure it may sound like BPA $9 or less flsa may not be so attractive as an employee but look at the perks you get: stay in good physical shape and hands-on work. I would take that anytime instead of sitting on a stool/standing up all day.

Anybody applied for the SW border?.... I think it covers CA, NM, TX and AZ. Does that mean you get rotation between those borders?

BPA
                          test: 04/08
                          Results: Passed - 04/08
                          COE Received - 05/08
                          Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                          Panel: 07/08: Passed
                          BI: ?..
                          CBPO
                          test: 03/08
                          Results: Passed - 04/08
                          COE Received: 06/08
                          Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                          VBT: Passed 07/08
                          BI: ???
                          FBI
                          Phase I: 05/08
                          Results: Passed 05/08
                          Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                          Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                          Panel: 10/08: ???
                          PFT: 11/08: ???
                          USSS
                          TEA test: 08/07
                          Panel: 02/08

Comment

Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
                            I am surprised for the BPA process to be going faster than what I thought (Medical/PFT next Monday), consirering I was in the upper 70's on my test. For CBPO I scored low 90's and not a single word eversince.

Sure it may sound like BPA $9 or less flsa may not be so attractive as an employee but look at the perks you get: stay in good physical shape and hands-on work. I would take that anytime instead of sitting on a stool/standing up all day.

Anybody applied for the SW border?.... I think it covers CA, NM, TX and AZ. Does that mean you get rotation between those borders?

I have. I don't believe it means you rotate, although you can get stationed anywhere they need you for a few years on your first duty station. Im also with you on the running around part vs. standing or sitting on a stool. I like being proactive....and I especially like offroading and all the toys DHS/CBP offers to BPA's.
                            I got my tentative selection letter a month ago but it said I couldn't continue along in the process due to past drug use. I appealed it and when I looked up on the cass system it didn't say anything about me being denied. It just showed my background, qualifications, and pre-employment forms were all pending. so i'm not sure if my appeal was accepted or not. I guess a little more time waiting will tell. HURRY UP DHS! lol
                            Last edited by SoKalCopKid; 06-06-2008, 12:15 PM.

Comment

The process has been very fast, hopefully it will slow down a little so I can complete my MA in Dec. I would hate to turn down an offer.
                              Standing by to stand by

Comment

haha im on the opposite end of that

i want it to speed the heck up lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8388 users online. 373 members and 8015 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X