300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks Ranger.
    thats what got me they use EOD. I know is the day to be at work/station.
    But is used for TSU as well.
    I just notice your timeline I hope mine dont take that long.

Comment

• Originally posted by cloudbuster View Post
      thanks Ranger.
      thats what got me they use EOD. I know is the day to be at work/station.
      But is used for TSU as well.
      I just notice your timeline I hope mine dont take that long.
      You never know but be prepared that it can be a long process. If you are a Veteran then you will pushed to the front, if not then you may be waiting until hiring picks up. Good luck!
      BPA -
      Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
      TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by ELAW25 View Post
        Will BPA be 100% polygraph like CBPO???
        The plan is/was to have OBP at 100% polygraphs in June and OFO at 100% polygraphs in August.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
            BP hires so few people now I can see that happening. Does FO hire much anymore?
            Last year's CBPO hires numbered only a few hundred. This years totals look to be around 1400-1500 or so. FY13 hires I would imagine would be no less than the current numbers.

Looking around here, I haven't seen a GS-05 new hire in months, if not longer. Lots of current GS-12's here doing OT shifts that 3 years ago would have been pushed off mostly on the backs of GS-05's and GS-07's.

Comment

I got and email for Veterans' Recruitmen​t Appointmen​t Opportunit​y.
              In short it say:
              CBP may expedite your placement at the Border Patrol Agent Academy.
              If you accept this offer, you will be required to successfully complete 2 years of training.
              Upon acceptance of this offer, you will be scheduled for your second pre-employment fitness examination that you must successfully complete in order to be scheduled for an entrance on duty date.

So it will increase the training period from 1 year to 2. No big deal if they call me faster.
              So BP is speeding up the process for vets? I haven't gotten that email but my process has been moving rather quick. I hope this is the case, I'm in the run for BIA but I prefer BP if it happens faster.

Comment

• VRA does not necessarily speed up the "process." After being processed (pt/medical/poly/background/etc) you get put on the list (TSU). VRA just appears to be moving the vets who completed all the steps to the front of the list.

Comment

• I got the call today. Offer was for Presidio, TX.
                  I was in TSU since May 14, 2012 so it took about 4 days for the offer.

Hey Ranger VRA really works :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by semper03 View Post
                    VRA does not necessarily speed up the "process." After being processed (pt/medical/poly/background/etc) you get put on the list (TSU). VRA just appears to be moving the vets who completed all the steps to the front of the list.
                    Ah gotcha! So we're still looking at a background that'll take forever and a day?

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtSailor View Post
                      Ah gotcha! So we're still looking at a background that'll take forever and a day?
                      Yes, basically the average appears to be 6-12months if there are no major issues.

Comment

I got the call today. Offer was for Presidio, TX.
                        I was in TSU since May 14, 2012 so it took about 4 days for the offer.

Hey Ranger VRA really works :-)
                        Congrats! What is your EOD date?

I'm taking the PFT2 tomorrow.
                        BPA -
                        Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                        TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by semper03 View Post
                          Yes, basically the average appears to be 6-12months if there are no major issues.
                          Yeah BIA will likely happen before that... Supposedly they have my background on a priority rush although it doesn't feel like it....

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtsailor View Post
                            yeah bia will likely happen before that... Supposedly they have my background on a priority rush although it doesn't feel like it....
                            bia?

Comment

• EOD Jun 11
                              Class Jun 18
                              PFT2 May 31

Good Luck on the PFT2.

Comment

• Originally posted by exnav1995 View Post
                                bia?

Bureau of Indian Affairs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4106 users online. 206 members and 3900 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X