Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He said he's a managing partner at a firm now. Said there are open slots for BP support. This was all through text a couple of days ago. Been so busy at work that this the first time asking questions (I also just texed him back with the same questions).

He's ex special forces.
    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
    02/28/14-TSL Received
    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
    07/01/14-VBT/SI
    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• unfortunately, those are pretty vague details. What kind of work is it? security?

Comment

• It's gotta be security if he's asking me to get my concealed license, and also a D and G license.

I'll try and get more info whenever he can get back to me. Find out the name of this firm.

EDIT-30 day stint is just a one time gig, correct? Limited to 30 days and that's it?
        Last edited by cur679; 05-03-2012, 11:16 PM.
        CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
        02/28/14-TSL Received
        03/18/14-PFT1/MED
        07/01/14-VBT/SI
        07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• All G4S does is transports for us. They are pretty well paid compared to most security jobs. If you get a job with them doing BP transports, it would be a pretty good gig until you can get on with the patrol.
            Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Ok, he sent me an email back via his phone:

Yeah 30 day rotations. Not sure if it's 30 days on and then 30 days off but your pay will me a good amount more than you're making right now. Between $350-$400 a day. Security clearances are not necessary and there is a small shooters course to familiarize with long and short gun. Working with BP you will be armed.

Having said that you're not exactly 100% qualified for a job like this. The company isn't looking for guys that are all SF and SEALs by any means because it is an entry level position that is accepting guys with Infantry or deputy backgrounds, but you really have no experience. I pushed your resume forward for review from my personal account. We'll see if it can at least get your foot in the door. It really has more to do with how many applicants they have, etc. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
              02/28/14-TSL Received
              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
              07/01/14-VBT/SI
              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

• Well G4S has a pretty extensive BI including a polygraph. I also know they don't make $350-400 a day. It's more like $20/hour.

I'm still not sure what your friend is talking about, so I'm guessing he is either exaggerating or making things up completely. Are you sure he is referring to US Border Patrol and not some contractor position overseas?
                Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• I forgot to mention, but there are other armed contractors that we deal with occasionally and all they do is transport drugs from our station to the DEA warehouses. They don't work for BP though, they work for DEA.

Comment

• It's not G4S. He said BP support in Arizona, and it's an armed job.

And trust me, he's not exaggerating or making things up completely. At least i hope not, lol. But seriously, I'm 100% sure he's not, and I have no reason to lie to you guys. Not one of those people who exaggerates their resume, like a few do on this board. I've been completely honest with my education and (lack of) experience, lol.

When I hear anything more, I'll definately let you know.
                    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                    02/28/14-TSL Received
                    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                    07/01/14-VBT/SI
                    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                      It's not G4S. He said BP support in Arizona, and it's an armed job.

And trust me, he's not exaggerating or making things up completely. At least i hope not, lol. But seriously, I'm 100% sure he's not, and I have no reason to lie to you guys. Not one of those people who exaggerates their resume, like a few do on this board. I've been completely honest with my education and (lack of) experience, lol.

When I hear anything more, I'll definately let you know.
                      Calm down, I'm just asking for you to clarify because I work in Arizona as a BPA, and aside from G4S, we don't have armed contractors. I have never seen any Border Patrol "support", and after asking a couple of my friends at other stations here in AZ, they haven't either.

Comment

• That sounds like an interesting thing to do.
                        Last edited by k9_6192012; 05-05-2012, 01:55 PM.
                        "Preparation + Opportunity = Success"

BOA
                        11/23/11 Written Exam: 96
                        04/05/12 TSL1
                        05/07/12 PFT1: passed
                        05/30/12 SI: Passed
                        06/08/12 TSL2
                        08/15/12 Pre-employment forms completed: GL-5

Comment

• Thanks, is the poly test randomly administered? It doesn't seem like everyone has to take it.
                          Last edited by k9_6192012; 05-05-2012, 01:56 PM.
                          "Preparation + Opportunity = Success"

BOA
                          11/23/11 Written Exam: 96
                          04/05/12 TSL1
                          05/07/12 PFT1: passed
                          05/30/12 SI: Passed
                          06/08/12 TSL2
                          08/15/12 Pre-employment forms completed: GL-5

Comment

• From what I hear, they hope to be 100% by 2013. If you apply, expect to take a poly.

Comment

• On May 2, I accepted Eagle Pass South, Texas. I EOD on June 11 2012
                              BPA -
                              Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                              TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Congrats Ranger

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5331 users online. 409 members and 4922 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X