• Originally posted by striketm View Post
      You are closer than I am.... NOR 75

its ok bro. I'm stuck with you with the 75 also
      BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• This book help me.

http://www.amazon.com/Border-Patrol-...3767309&sr=1-2

I'm more concerned about the first PFT, I did the box step test back in Nov, messed up my knees so bad I couldn't do anything for 3 weeks and did something serious to them that now that hurt quite a bit if not warmed up when squatting.
        Last edited by Drexler; 04-06-2012, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drexler View Post
          This book help me.

I'm more concerned about the first PFT, I did the box step test back in Nov, messed up my knees so bad I couldn't do anything for 3 weeks and did something serious to them that now that hurt quite a bit if not warmed up when squatting.
          If that simple test was that hard on your knees, this job isn't for you. Many of our stations are in areas where you will be humping up and down ridges and mountains. Climbing up and down large boulders and jumping from rock to rock. The Patrol is not kind on the body at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
            If that simple test was that hard on your knees, this job isn't for you. Many of our stations are in areas where you will be humping up and down ridges and mountains. Climbing up and down large boulders and jumping from rock to rock. The Patrol is not kind on the body at all.
            Not only that, the academy is going to be hell with knees that can't stand to go up and down a box for 5 min! Good luck with all the running and mat room fun!

Comment

This book help me.

Wow, you must be seriously out of shape.
              Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
                Wow, you must be seriously out of shape.
                Actually I'm not, I'm sitting at a current pft of 40 pushups in 1 min, 45 situps in 1 min and a 11:35 1.5 mile run, along with a 355 deadlift, and a 250lb clean and jerk.

I never had any issue with my knees until I did a practice step test, (on a 16 inch box). I really don't know what happened during that test, I pushed to hard and injured myself. I suspect it was some kind of overuse injury to my knees because I had done 30inch box jumps during the workout. Now I just need to icy hot my knees 30ish minutes before a workout and stretch them good before I do any sort of serious workout.

I'm more or less afraid of doing the test since I messed up my knee practicing for it, I'd rather run 3 miles.

btw, even with my knees hurting half way through the test, I never missed a step.
                Last edited by Drexler; 04-07-2012, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Actually I'm not, I'm sitting at a current pft of 40 pushups in 1 min, 45 situps in 1 min and a 11:35 1.5 mile run, along with a 355 deadlift, and a 250lb clean and jerk.

I never had any issue with my knees until I did a practice step test, (on a 16 inch box). I really don't know what happened during that test, I pushed to hard and injured myself. I suspect it was some kind of overuse injury to my knees because I had done 30inch box jumps during the workout. Now I just need to icy hot my knees 30ish minutes before a workout and stretch them good before I do any sort of serious workout.

I'm more or less afraid of doing the test since I messed up my knee practicing for it, I'd rather run 3 miles.

btw, even with my knees hurting half way through the test, I never missed a step.

So you state that you can't do the step test without hurting yourself in one post, and then in the next you swear up and down you are the picture of fitness. Something is not adding up. Here is my suggestion, you will struggle at the academy as we have workouts there that will make your knees feel like rubber bands. If there is an underlying medical issue, you may want to have it fixed or withdraw from the process.

I had guys in my academy class who showed up to the academy with medical issues that they were trying to keep secret thinking they could sneak through the academy. During PT, they injured themselves badly because of it.
                  Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• I've actually got a appointment with my base doctor to get a referred to othro Tuesday, I'm personally sick of it and want to know what's wrong with it once and for all. I did the whole physical therapy route which helped it out a bit, therapist pointed out a muscular imbalance in my quads which she said, probably lead to the injury. It improved my hammy flexibility more then anything.

Here's what I said in that post.

"I'm more concerned about the first PFT, I did the box step test back in Nov, messed up my knees so bad I couldn't do anything for 3 weeks and did something serious to them that now they hurt quite a bit if not warmed up when squatting."

I never said I was out of shape, I stated that I injured myself doing that portion of that PFT (which is silly btw). Am I worried about doing the test again, yes, because I don't know if I'll have another injury from it that will keep me from exercising for weeks. Will I disclose anything that I am aware of if I do the medical, yes. I'm not going to hide a injury and risk doing more damage.

Btw, Albert would you please PM me one of the workouts, I'd love to do one at the gym next week.
                    Last edited by Drexler; 04-07-2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I've actually got a appointment with my base doctor to get a referred to othro Tuesday, I'm personally sick of it and want to know what's wrong with it once and for all. I did the whole physical therapy route which helped it out a bit, therapist pointed out a muscular imbalance in my quads which she said, probably lead to the injury. It improved my hammy flexibility more then anything.

Here's what I said in that post.

"I'm more concerned about the first PFT, I did the box step test back in Nov, messed up my knees so bad I couldn't do anything for 3 weeks and did something serious to them that now they hurt quite a bit if not warmed up when squatting."

I never said I was out of shape, I stated that I injured myself doing that portion of that PFT (which is silly btw). Am I worried about doing the test again, yes, because I don't know if I'll have another injury from it that will keep me from exercising for weeks. Will I disclose anything that I am aware of if I do the medical, yes. I'm not going to hide a injury and risk doing more damage.

Btw, Albert would you please PM me one of the workouts, I'd love to do one at the gym next week.

I don't think you understand what Albert is trying to say. If the step test is possibly going to be a problem for you, you are going to have trouble at the academy. Don't over do it training before the academy! Take it easy and take care of your knee whether you are in shape or not. You will do a lot of running in training but there is also a lot of smoke sessions (matroom). Good luck bro. Just think body builders, flutter kicks, burpies and many more fun surprises!

Comment

• Oh, thanks. I get on the defense when I'm called out of shape. My brain goes from unfit to fat and that brings me back to High School when I was 275. Now that I'm thinner and fitter I'm happier, but my brain still hasn't caught up with that yet. Now brain still thinks I'm being judged by my appearance when in actuality I just look like a normal person. So that throws me on the defensive.

Ah well, got a psych test to study for. I'll keep watching this thread and update when I finally get some answers from my Doc's. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

• This process is stressing me out.
                          Last edited by k9_6192012; 04-10-2012, 12:08 AM.
                          "Preparation + Opportunity = Success"

BOA
                          11/23/11 Written Exam: 96
                          04/05/12 TSL1
                          05/07/12 PFT1: passed
                          05/30/12 SI: Passed
                          06/08/12 TSL2
                          08/15/12 Pre-employment forms completed: GL-5

Comment

• Woohooo
                            I just log into cass and I have all GREEN
                            Yes!! now keep working out until the call for the PFT2

Comment

• Exam date: 11/21/2011
                              NOR: 11/29/2011 (91)
                              TSL: waiting...

Does anyone have any clue when I'm getting my TSL?

Comment

• Anywhere from 1-3 months, give or take. Not sure why you have not gotten one yet.

November 2011 Testers
                                V
                                http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/...l&msg=53513.71
                                Last edited by semper03; 04-12-2012, 01:06 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8069 users online. 184 members and 7885 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X