300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yohlin2001 View Post
    I don't understand why they are still testing people, when they got like 100s if not 1000s waiting for like two years already. What is the point of getting everyone passing through tests and then have them all stuck in one stage waiting slowly for classes to come through?
    I don't think they are testing people right now, I believe these people are from last year's announcement. There are at least 700 people in TSU right now...

Comment

• Originally posted by jjok View Post
      I don't think they are testing people right now, I believe these people are from last year's announcement. There are at least 700 people in TSU right now...
      That's correct, no testing at this time, They are resuming the process for those who got a passing score on the last announcement or before.
      Go wildcats!

Comment

• 700 does not seem too bad. With 20,000 plus agents, I'm guessing there is a heavy attrition rate? I'm guessing 500-1000 a year now with the border situation heating up?

2012 DHS budget proposal has it at 439 new hires in 2010 but this does not necessarily mean the attrition rate is about 500. I would guess its much more now.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/d...ion-fy2012.pdf

More info added the rate appears to be 30% according to this:
        http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...FQ2.DTL&ao=all

"but the sobering reality of working on the border has created an environment in which about 30 percent of agents leave their jobs in less than 18 months"

30% of 20 000 = 6000, but that seems a little to high.
        Last edited by semper03; 04-02-2012, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yohlin2001 View Post
          I don't understand why they are still testing people, when they got like 100s if not 1000s waiting for like two years already. What is the point of getting everyone passing through tests and then have them all stuck in one stage waiting slowly for classes to come through?
          If you look at my timeline I applied almost 8 months ago.

Comment

• hey i Got my TSL yesterday as well. Anyone getting emails/ calls for medical or anything like that yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by jbowen4 View Post
              hey i Got my TSL yesterday as well. Anyone getting emails/ calls for medical or anything like that yet?
              Did you score in the 90s???
              Go wildcats!

Comment

• Originally posted by semper03 View Post
                700 does not seem too bad. With 20,000 plus agents, I'm guessing there is a heavy attrition rate? I'm guessing 500-1000 a year now with the border situation heating up?

2012 DHS budget proposal has it at 439 new hires in 2010 but this does not necessarily mean the attrition rate is about 500. I would guess its much more now.

"but the sobering reality of working on the border has created an environment in which about 30 percent of agents leave their jobs in less than 18 months"

This seem like a little bit of good news. Thanks for all clarification guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by striketm View Post
                  Did you score in the 90s???
                  I got mine yesterday as well. I was a 101 with a 5 point veteran preference

Comment

• Originally posted by semper03 View Post
                    700 does not seem too bad. With 20,000 plus agents, I'm guessing there is a heavy attrition rate? I'm guessing 500-1000 a year now with the border situation heating up?

According to Honorsfirst, attrition rate is around 1200 agents. This year MHC is hiring around 600 agents.

Comment

• I took the BPA test on 11/21/2011
                      Received results on 11/29/2011 (90)
                      Haven't heard anything since then. Do you guys think it's because I applied to california.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unite View Post
                        I got mine yesterday as well. I was a 101 with a 5 point veteran preference
                        I guess they are in the low 100s, It's going to be a while before they get to the high 70s :S
                        Go wildcats!

Comment

• pssht, by the time they get to my score. it will probably expire
                          BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• I assumed as much and pointed that out too. Is the 1200 attrition rate as JJok noted in post #7363 accurate? I'm unable to find that information at the honorfirst forum using the search function.

Comment

• Tested in early Nov 2011
                                NOR Dec - 85

Nothing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9268 users online. 307 members and 8961 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X