Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
    I am not in the academy now, but when I was I experienced stuff such as:

Mon: 45min weight work out (bench, pull ups, etc.), 25 minute run (distance), 50minutes of Defense Tactics
    Tues: 40min mat room (push ups, sit ups, lunges, bear crawls, etc.), 20 minute run (sprints), 60 minutes of Defense Tactics
    Wed: 70 Min mat room out, 30 min run (distance and/or sprints)...this is a brutal day
    Thursday: 30 minute mat room, 30 min run, 60 minutes of Defense Tactics
    Friday: Indicator (Run the obstical course, pull ups, the 1.5m run, and sometimes the sprint)...this is usually a pretty easy day.

This isn't exactly how it goes but it should give you a decent idea of a typical week.

It should also be noted that the work outs are constant. You aren't resting between exercises, you are simply doing other exercises.

This isn't a
    THis is a great help. Thank you so much.

Verve10
    CBPO
    Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• hello im 16 and don't know what i wanted to do with my life but i have been thinking and i want to become one of those guys that drive the fast boats to stop drug smugglers or one of the guys that enforces maritime security problem is i have never lived in america although i am an american citizen and go to visit alot

boats like these a-border-patrol-boat.jpg

http://0.tqn.com/d/saltfishing/1/0/W...ndsecurity.jpg

DSCN2385.jpg
      Last edited by dee242; 03-19-2012, 04:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
        To anyone currently in the academy...or who have recently graduated: What are the PT sessions like? Can you give me an example of an average day? Not what I have read on here a bunch before, "Its really tough. Make sure you are ready. Start working out now...blah blah blah." But what do you guys actually do for a standard PT session? Can you give me specifics? I'm in pretty good health now already, and I am working out. But I'd like to start mimicking the workouts there early.

Thank you
        o2force pretty much hit the nail on the head. I should mention that the PT instructors liked to liven things up by making us throw medicine balls while running the perimeter, making us do mat room sessions in the sand pit, making us run laps around the track in full uniform (including the red M-4), doing lunges up and down the basketball court, etc.

The instructors main focus was on if we were pushing ourselves. You may be a PT stud, but if you go into PT and sandbag, they will get all over you. On the other hand even if you aren't the fastest or strongest, if you give 100% effort during every PT session, they will leave you alone.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by dee242 View Post
          hello im 16 and don't know what i wanted to do with my life but i have been thinking and i want to become one of those guys that drive the fast boats to stop drug smugglers or one of the guys that enforces maritime security problem is i have never lived in america although i am an american citizen and go to visit alot

boats like these [ATTACH=CONFIG]8429[/ATTACH]

http://0.tqn.com/d/saltfishing/1/0/W...ndsecurity.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8430[/ATTACH]
          Dee,

There are 4 main options. Border Patrol handles the boats in the rivers along the US/Mexican and US/Canadian Border, as well as some smaller lakes. DHS - Air and Marine handles the boats in the great lakes and on the coasts. The Coast Guard, in conjunction with Air and Marine, handles boats on the coast, but they also handle things much farther out, and can travel around the world, especially during a time of war. The last option is a local or State Police Department. For instance, Texas DPS has boats on the Rio Grande and Port Cities will have harbor patrol.

Border Patrol, Coast Guard, and Local/State PDs will usually train you and get you your licenses for the boats. Air and Marine, generally will not hire you without the appropriate licenses (which can be quite expensive). If you want to go Air and Marine, I suggest going into one of the other agencies/branches/offices, getting your license, then moving over to Air and Marine.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
            Dee,

There are 4 main options. Border Patrol handles the boats in the rivers along the US/Mexican and US/Canadian Border, as well as some smaller lakes. DHS - Air and Marine handles the boats in the great lakes and on the coasts. The Coast Guard, in conjunction with Air and Marine, handles boats on the coast, but they also handle things much farther out, and can travel around the world, especially during a time of war. The last option is a local or State Police Department. For instance, Texas DPS has boats on the Rio Grande and Port Cities will have harbor patrol.

Border Patrol, Coast Guard, and Local/State PDs will usually train you and get you your licenses for the boats. Air and Marine, generally will not hire you without the appropriate licenses (which can be quite expensive). If you want to go Air and Marine, I suggest going into one of the other agencies/branches/offices, getting your license, then moving over to Air and Marine.
            thanks for the reply i think i would like to work for dhs in miami after some research and how expensive is the licenses i was thinking going navy for a few years then dhs

Comment

• i think the 6 pack captain's license is around a grand, it probably varies though. Masters is another couple hundred.

The marine interdiction agent position is very competitive. Of the 5 MIAs I know, 1 is prior Border Patrol, 2 are prior coast guard, 1 is prior harbor patrol, and the other comes from a non-leo background. I don't know any prior navy guys. That isn't to say they don't exist, I just don't know any. You'd have to contact a recruiter to find out if you could get experience with them.

Regardless, this conversation is probably best suited for a MIA dedicated thread.

Comment

• Just a quick question for some current or former Border Patrol Agents. Right now on USAJOBS there are several reinstatement vacancies available. Is this something that is required for most agencies to do? Or are they trying to fill vacancies before they open a public announcement? Also, does this affect the budget or is it something that has already been taken into consideration. Meaning every year they have to rehire a certain amount of former agents that might have been injured or lost the job do to circumstances beyond their control etc. Just wondering if this plays a factor in upcoming employment opportunities.

Comment

• Hey guys quick question...Im in the background process and I sent in my eQip in and all the required paperwork like fingerprints and signatures about 3-3.5 weeks ago...my Cass still hasnt been updated and says "They still have not received the required paperwork to start my background." I received a confirmation the moment I sent my eQip in and I submitted it a week before it was due. I also have not been contacted by the investigator doing my background...so basically my question is does you Cass no update until you are completely done? and how long is it usually until your contacted by you BI? I also have not been called for a drug test yet....

Thanks and info is appreciated.

Comment

• You should find the group message posting for your test date and use that as a reference. For example, Timelines > October testers @ Honorfirst. Every time line is somewhat different. It took me 2 weeks from submission to "in the security office." Then two more weeks to be contacted by a background investigator.

Comment

• Originally posted by spazzbite11 View Post
                      Just a quick question for some current or former Border Patrol Agents. Right now on USAJOBS there are several reinstatement vacancies available. Is this something that is required for most agencies to do? Or are they trying to fill vacancies before they open a public announcement? Also, does this affect the budget or is it something that has already been taken into consideration. Meaning every year they have to rehire a certain amount of former agents that might have been injured or lost the job do to circumstances beyond their control etc. Just wondering if this plays a factor in upcoming employment opportunities.
                      This is from 2009, following the big hiring surge:
                      http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/c...ement_prgm.xml
                      The Border Patrol successfully filled the Presidential mandate of hiring 6,000 additional Border Patrol Agents (BPA) and presently has sufficient applicants to meet their continuing hiring goals. Therefore, the Reinstatement Program is indefinitely suspended and will no longer accept applications.
                      From asking other agents who have been around for a while, it has been 3 years since anyone has been reinstated and the main issue was cost.
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Kansan,
                        I think he means reassignment, not reinstatement. There are currently a number of reassignment opportunities available for currently employed BPAs. They are trying to staff "hard to fill" stations. Believe it or not, even during normal hiring these stations are hard to fill.

Comment

• NOPA response

I have been waiting for my NOPA response for about 3 months now. Is anyone currently waiting for their response?, if so how long has it been? Has anyone recently recieved a NOPA response and if so how long did it take?
                          Last edited by chukdawq; 03-28-2012, 09:48 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• It took me about a month before this huge hirring slow down. 3 months, sounds like you should be hearing back soon. Just be patient you have a long way to go if hirring continues this way.

Comment

• Received a tentative selection today for BP Geo: Arizona.

Comment

• I don't understand why they are still testing people, when they got like 100s if not 1000s waiting for like two years already. What is the point of getting everyone passing through tests and then have them all stuck in one stage waiting slowly for classes to come through?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7550 users online. 412 members and 7138 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X