300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yohlin2001 View Post
    Tested back in 10/xx/2010, passed everything and now up to point of background. Turned in all in 09/xx/11. Got this e-mail saying something like... Due to high volume of applicant in the hiring process. Your background process may take up to 12 months from the time it was turned in.

I guess I can go on a vacation until September of 2012 then. I am not in a rush right now since I got something going and I am starting to look at this job as an long term investment. Don't think about it, and just pretend it doesn't exist. When it happens then it happens.

I noticed some of you are way ahead of me in the hiring process, so at least I can tell that it is at least moving at some kind of snail rate. Good luck to all!
    we're at about the same spot in the process

Comment

• got a test coming up thrusday for union pacific pd that wouldnt be a bad gig to fall back on

Comment

• Does anyone have the E-mail for IA?

Comment

• I don't think they have an email that they give out for applicants but the phone number is 202 344 2600. Its an automated system and if you leave a message then they will call you back.
          BPA -
          Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
          TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by yohlin2001 View Post
            Tested back in 10/xx/2010, passed everything and now up to point of background. Turned in all in 09/xx/11. Got this e-mail saying something like... Due to high volume of applicant in the hiring process. Your background process may take up to 12 months from the time it September of 2012 of me in the hiring process
            Like you, i tested in 09/2010 and meet with my BI in 10/2011. In total, I have been waiting for 1 year and 5 months. I've come to terms with the idea that this process will never be over, so I am currently in the hiring process for CDCR, OCPD, LASD, RSD, OCSD, LAUSPD & IrvinePD. I sure hope I get a call from BP soon before I take anymore test, interviews, PAT's, & fill anymore paperwork all in vain.
            NOR (09/14/10): 90 (No VP)
            TSL1 (10/04/10)
            OB (12/03/10)
            MED/1 ST PFT (03/21/11)
            DRUG TEST (04/08/11)
            TSL2/E-QIP (07/19/11)
            MEET BI (10/18/11)

Comment

• I'm in the same boat as you R6, I served in the marines for 4 years, and I'm contemplating joining the army special forces (the only branch and MOS with prior service openings). I want to work for the border patrol more than anything, but I have a family and need money coming in. I'd hate to enlist and find out a 6-9 months down the road I passed the background and I'd already be in a 4 year contract with the army.

Comment

• Originally posted by outlook7777 View Post
                I'm in the same boat as you R6, I served in the marines for 4 years, and I'm contemplating joining the army special forces (the only branch and MOS with prior service openings). I want to work for the border patrol more than anything, but I have a family and need money coming in. I'd hate to enlist and find out a 6-9 months down the road I passed the background and I'd already be in a 4 year contract with the army.
                What is your timeline look like? When did you receive your TSL1 and when did you meet your BI? If you call the number they may have an idea where your BI is. If you have to take a polygraph it may take some more time.
                BPA -
                Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED

Comment

• Originally posted by outlook7777 View Post
                  I'm in the same boat as you R6, I served in the marines for 4 years, and I'm contemplating joining the army special forces (the only branch and MOS with prior service openings). I want to work for the border patrol more than anything, but I have a family and need money coming in. I'd hate to enlist and find out a 6-9 months down the road I passed the background and I'd already be in a 4 year contract with the army.
                  You may want to think it through before signing another contract. I know that you can't afford to wait like some of us, and like Ranger175 said, you may want to contact them and get an estimate of how much time it will take them to process your application. I was also thinking about going back to the service, but not wanting to be stuck in a contract 9 months down the road and hear the good news from BP.

@R6, I was applying to maybe 10 different local agencies around also... and all of them hit nothing but budget dead ends. This is actually my last LE process that I am waiting on. I think at certain point in time I just have to hang it up and pursue other type of careers. Not to mention I am getting up there on the age limit also...

@Stevenlee49... yeah I am sure many others are also waiting along with us. If we are lucky we may end up in the same academy classes. lol

Comment

• TSL1 July 25th and met my background investigator in November I believe. I will call them and see if they can give me any idea when it will be completed. Do you know if everyone is getting polygraphed now?

Yohlin2001, I'm right there with you, I'm going to have pursue other careers other than LE. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• It's going to be a while until you pass your BI. If you call IA then they maybe able to tell if they received it but it takes a while. If they decided to polygraph you then it may put push it more. My BI was done in June and they decided in August to give me a polygraph. I didn't go for a polygraph until November and cleared in December. It took 6 months to clear which isn't bad but others have cleared quicker. Some applicants met with their BI before me and still haven't cleared.

You have to decided what is going to be the best option. If you clear your BI then you still will have a wait for the call because there are many in front of you in TSU. If you haven't visited Honorfirst.com forum then I would look there. If you don't have the luxury of waiting then go join SF but be prepared to be very busy and be away from your family A LOT! There is a reason why they are the only ones taking prior military.

Good luck with your decisions
                      BPA -

Comment

• Thanks for the information Ranger, I appreciate it

Comment

• No call yet huh, isn't there a class starting On the 27th? Hopefully we start seeing some, sure would get the moral up

Comment

• Class is for the 20th....

Comment

• I haven't heard much of anything as far as calls are concerned for either BPA or CBPO.....
                              BPA
                              BPA test date: 8/21/10
                              TSU: 2/6/12
                              EOD: ???

CBPO
                              Got the call!
                              PFT2: 3/23
                              EOD: 4/9
                              FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• If I don't get an offer by September, I will have to re-do my BI, so does anyone know how long it would take my BI to re-clear if I have to re-do it?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10967 users online. 494 members and 10473 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X