Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So o have a question, it may be a little off topic. Anyways I am in the process for cbpo and bps. I took the bpa test in Feb of 2011 and passed with a 75. Then I took the cbpo test in august and passed with a 78. I have not herd anuthing back from border patrol and its coming up on a year. But I got a packet from cbp to have my fingerprints done last month. So why have I already herd from cbp but not from border patrol? I always figured that there was a greater need for bp agents? I'm just a little confused is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by koolaid_002 View Post
      So o have a question, it may be a little off topic. Anyways I am in the process for cbpo and bps. I took the bpa test in Feb of 2011 and passed with a 75. Then I took the cbpo test in august and passed with a 78. I have not herd anuthing back from border patrol and its coming up on a year. But I got a packet from cbp to have my fingerprints done last month. So why have I already herd from cbp but not from border patrol? I always figured that there was a greater need for bp agents? I'm just a little confused is all.
      The push is for CBPO on the Southwest border right now. As far as I can tell, the hiring process for BP has slowed considerably.

Comment

• Ok, I was just curious. One day I checked the mailbox and there was an envelope with fingerprint cards in it. All the envelope said on it was DHS MHC yada, yada. But I could not figure out who it was from. But I guess it was for the CBPO job i applied for?

Comment

• Did any of yous get assigned to El Centro district?

BIA 0083 Police Officer
          WindRiver PD
          Tentative Offer:02/12/2013
          Medical: Completed
          E-Quip : Completed
          BI: Completed
          EOD: 07/30/2013

"We Must Not Simply Mourn The Men Who Died. Rather We Should Thank God That Such Men Lived." Gen George Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
            Doesn't matter to me one way or another. I took a polygraph in the hiring process and I think if you are going to give it to one then give it to all. It worries me that 85% of applicants have not in the past and coming from a Police Department that hasn't used one it was a big mistake because we would have stopped some people who were hiding incidents during the BI and it wasn't uncovered. Now we are using a polygraph as part of the hiring process because of some bad experience.
            I disagree, I believe the poly should be given to no one. I have nothing to hide, yet I failed the poly for a different agency.

My question is how many of the 85% didn't reveal information that may have come out in a polygraph. Not saying that a polygraph is very reliable because it is not but its a good investigative tool. I use polygraphs as an investigative tool all the time, not admissible but they can tell you if you are on the right track. My experience as a Criminal Investigator is that people who are not lying do not fear taking a polygraph. Those who are lying have medical issues or they start that they are not accurate.
            Like you, I believed it to be a good tool and walked into a polygraph telling the 100% truth. Unlike you though, I was told I failed the poly, and was immediately disqualified from the hiring process. At the time I was a Federal Correctional Officer, already working in the LE field, so having someone call me a liar was not just frustrating, but it really angered me. I didn't change any of my answers, I did not reveal any new information, that machine, and that examiner believed me to be a liar, and nothing I did after that point would change his opinion.

Just venting! Since I'm still waiting a phone call and would have been hired months ago If I didn't have to wait on a polygraph that I passed.
            I'm venting too because the whole polygraph thing still gets me angry when I think about it. Good honest people, with proven track records and clean backgrounds getting disqualified because of voodoo science.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Thekansan, wow that made me a bit frustrated for you I hope you eventually end up in BP. It's a touchy subject with me too I passed my poly for Lapd n did not take one for BP but my ex wife took it for Lapd and she "failed" the poly tech said she was immature and that was the basis for the DQ. This woman is 27 and has her docterate degree, owns her own business but she was deemed immature by the poly? Now LAPD is out an over qualified honest and extremley smart officer because of the "voodoo science". It's sad how many qualified people are lost in the process but it is what it is

Comment

• I took my poly today......examiner said that she couldn't "verify 100% that my results were readable". She said that it would be sent to Quality Control for further reading. Anyone have an idea for the turnaround? I have a feeling that people who have this happen get failed? That is just an assumption, but I went in feeling great and left feeling like sh**. Right, wrong, or too early to feel anything?
                ICE IEA
                May 2009 - Register for IEA exam
                June (6/05/09) - Take IEA exam
                July (7/20/09) - NOR
                August (8/17/09) - TO
                September (9/30/09) - Medical/Fitness Test
                October (10/01/09) - Drug Test
                March '10 - Cleared Medical
                Feb 3, '11 - Interview - Passed

Comment

• Well from what I've seen, most guys/gals walk out of a poly feeling as if they have failed but pass if that helps, but I have not heard them say the results were not readable. Might be a couple of weeks

Comment

• Ive taken two poly's. First one I failed felt similar to how TheKansan felt. Second one I didn't change any of my answers or responses (really because I couldn't do anything but tell the truth like I did in the first one) and I passed the second one. I agree that the poly is a tool and can bring out a lot of stuff that may be omitted if the candidate didn't have to face one, but I'm frustrated with them because I could have had a good job the first time. I comes down to the person reading the results and giving it.

in reference to your situation Tr0uble86 every poly I've had experience with the standard conclusion is that they are not able to read or verify that you are telling the truth. Often time this is a strategy to see if you were hiding anything that may have been overlooked.

Good luck though, Im at the point where Ill be happy to hear anything from MHC, even if it's a poly invite.

Comment

• Ya, we did it 7 times and she asked each time if I wanted to change anything. I told her "no" each time. Guess my future is the hands of the Magic 8 Ball now
                      ICE IEA
                      July (7/20/09) - NOR
                      August (8/17/09) - TO

Comment

• Originally posted by a2002slp View Post
                        Thekansan, wow that made me a bit frustrated for you I hope you eventually end up in BP. It's a touchy subject with me too I passed my poly for Lapd n did not take one for BP but my ex wife took it for Lapd and she "failed" the poly tech said she was immature and that was the basis for the DQ. This woman is 27 and has her docterate degree, owns her own business but she was deemed immature by the poly? Now LAPD is out an over qualified honest and extremley smart officer because of the "voodoo science". It's sad how many qualified people are lost in the process but it is what it is
                        I think you misunderstood, that poly was for a different position (US Secret Service Special Agent). After I failed the poly for USSS, I was hired by USBP.
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by Tr0uble86 View Post
                          Ya, we did it 7 times and she asked each time if I wanted to change anything. I told her "no" each time. Guess my future is the hands of the Magic 8 Ball now
                          Was she hostile towards you? Did she accuse you of not telling the truth on a certain question?
                          BPA -
                          Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                          TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Na, she was never hostile and very professional and courteous. She wished me luck with the process and told me hopefully she'll see me out there. Mixed messages, hopefully it'll be a quick turnaround in my favor
                            ICE IEA
                            July (7/20/09) - NOR
                            August (8/17/09) - TO

Comment

• Originally posted by Tr0uble86 View Post
                              Na, she was never hostile and very professional and courteous. She wished me luck with the process and told me hopefully she'll see me out there. Mixed messages, hopefully it'll be a quick turnaround in my favor
                              That sounds promising. I asked if I passed and my examiner said "yes, but it still has to pass quality control". Good luck
                              BPA -
                              Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                              TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• All green checks as of today.....I'm pretty stoked!!
                                BPA
                                BPA test date: 8/21/10
                                TSU: 2/6/12
                                EOD: ???

CBPO
                                Got the call!
                                PFT2: 3/23
                                EOD: 4/9
                                FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8066 users online. 409 members and 7657 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X