300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jjok View Post
    I think they do... They are calling people with August certificate dates right now...
    Ahh ok, thanks well now I don't feel so bad about missing the calls must of been telemarketers.

Comment

• Many of them are PT beasts, mine is. I've been working out for many years now and he still smokes me, it's good, but I feel it. Listen to Bchang, don't come here in ok shape, you will pay for it. It's going to sound like a delivery room after your first set of cals. Trust me, you dont want to be the sand bagger, we had a couple like that in our group, and it was hell for them.

U.S. Border Patrol
      EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by a2002slp View Post
        Hey, well maybe I can help I had a similar Experience with an arrest that never occurred and a couple of recent speeding tickets. I received the same letter saying I had been arrested which I had not in 2005 I simply responded with another letter explaining along with paper work supporting me explaining the mix up. As for the tickets I also explained how they were mistakes I made and learned from and deeply regreted my lack of discipline at the time they occurred and how they would not happen again. I was cleared and am now in TSU. Follow the instructions given to you in the letter and include any paper work that will support your letter regarding your guilty plea's and the expungement. Good luck with your process.
        How long did it take for them to decide on your NOPA response?

Comment

• Originally posted by chukdawq View Post
          How long did it take for them to decide on your NOPA response?
          It took just Under a month to hear a final decision.

Comment

• Thanks for all the tips guys that's the type of advice we all need to hear, I'm deff stepping it up a few notches! I'm in good shape now but Im getting the feeling it's not good enough so push on guys lets get ready for the academy no slouching or "Ahh I'll run tomm" lol

Comment

• I've been schedule for my polygraph. Wish me good luck ppl
              "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
              Written Test: 10/04/10
              NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
              TSL 1: 11/17/10
              OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
              Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
              TSL 2: 04/29/11.
              e-QIP: 05/08/11
              BI Interview: 07/26/11
              Drug test: 08/05/11
              Polygraph: 02/08/2012
              CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
              Written Test: 12/09/10
              NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
              TSL 1: 06/14/11
              PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
              VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by pepe View Post
                I've been schedule for my polygraph. Wish me good luck ppl
                Good luck pepe don't be nervouse, just be honest and you will be fine. Also don't drink cafine that day makes ur heart beat harder

Comment

Just go in there as if your life is an open book and don't hold back any information and you will be fine. People fail because they think they can beat the machine or don't want to disclose something in there BI because they gambled if they would have to take a polygraph. At least you get it done before you get hired unlike many who didn't and will have to take one after working there 5 years and that will be there first experience (you will have to take another one in five years). Don't research polygraphs or how to beat the machine. Good luck!
                  BPA -
                  Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                  TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

Got the call yesterday for mine as well!
                    ICE IEA
                    May 2009 - Register for IEA exam
                    June (6/05/09) - Take IEA exam
                    July (7/20/09) - NOR
                    August (8/17/09) - TO
                    September (9/30/09) - Medical/Fitness Test
                    October (10/01/09) - Drug Test
                    March '10 - Cleared Medical
                    Feb 3, '11 - Interview - Passed

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                        At least you get it done before you get hired unlike many who didn't and will have to take one after working there 5 years and that will be there first experience (you will have to take another one in five years)

Whoever told you that was either:
                        A. A idiot
                        B. A liar
                        C. Both A and B
                        I thought that this meant that BPA maybe polygraph as part of re investigation.

"The Act further requires that CBP initiate all periodic personnel reinvestigations that were overdue for initiation and that Congress receive bi-annual reports on CBP's progress toward meeting these requirements for a period of two years. These requirements – background and periodic investigations as well as polygraph examinations – are consistent with, and form the basis of, a comprehensive workforce integrity plan. I am committed to utilizing these tools to their fullest extent".

http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/testimony/t...549850535.shtm
                        BPA -
                        Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
                          I thought that this meant that BPA maybe polygraph as part of re investigation.

"The Act further requires that CBP initiate all periodic personnel reinvestigations that were overdue for initiation and that Congress receive bi-annual reports on CBP's progress toward meeting these requirements for a period of two years. These requirements – background and periodic investigations as well as polygraph examinations – are consistent with, and form the basis of, a comprehensive workforce integrity plan. I am committed to utilizing these tools to their fullest extent".

http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/testimony/t...549850535.shtm
                          Incorrect

Comment

• That was pointed out to me yesterday on Honor First. I read it wrong. I apologize.
                            BPA -

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                                Don't believe everything you read or something some sup or fos or anybody else for that matter tells you. Investigate everything.
                                Doesn't matter to me one way or another. I took a polygraph in the hiring process and I think if you are going to give it to one then give it to all. It worries me that 85% of applicants have not in the past and coming from a Police Department that hasn't used one it was a big mistake because we would have stopped some people who were hiding incidents during the BI and it wasn't uncovered. Now we are using a polygraph as part of the hiring process because of some bad experience.

My question is how many of the 85% didn't reveal information that may have come out in a polygraph. Not saying that a polygraph is very reliable because it is not but its a good investigative tool. I use polygraphs as an investigative tool all the time, not admissible but they can tell you if you are on the right track. My experience as a Criminal Investigator is that people who are not lying do not fear taking a polygraph. Those who are lying have medical issues or they start that they are not accurate.

Just venting! Since I'm still waiting a phone call and would have been hired months ago If I didn't have to wait on a polygraph that I passed.
                                BPA -

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9968 users online. 453 members and 9515 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X