300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Up4it View Post
    Thank you, I appreciate it! I feel like I’m waiting to get accepted to my top choice of college again. The suspense is exciting, every day I check the mail like a kid at Christmas. A few of my friends did the Customs exam, and they both got offers within a month and they only received scores in the high 70’s. So I was getting nervous I haven't heard anything back yet. I see you've taken the CBPO and BP Exams with high marks, do you have a preference?
    Waiting is part of the game. Green over blue any day if you ask me.

U.S. Border Patrol
    EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
      What is the email address for TSU?
      [email protected]

Comment

• Thanks! Merry Christmas!!
        BPA -
        Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
        TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• I have a question that I am hoping someone can help me answer. I am all green on my status except for my background check and drug test. I just got a letter in the mail from CBP saying that there are conflicts in my background information and my tentative offer is being withdrawn, but then it says I can write a letter to reply to the issues with my background. The issues with my background are that I have been arrested 3 times. I am now 25 and the arrests occured with I was 17, 20, and 21. The charges were for driving w alcohol in my system of .06 when I was 17. The second was for disorderly conduct when I was 20, both of these were plead guilty and recieved minimal punishment. When I was 21 I was arrested for obstruction of justice and disorderly conduct which was exponged and dropped. I was honest and upfront when applying during the entire process.

My question is has anyone had this similiar situation happen with their background check? Has anyone actually replied and continued the process? Do any of you know of people that have been hired that have similiar arrests in their background? I thank you for any info in advance.

Comment

• Hello there, this is my first post on this thread. I am currently a Senior in college and I am also in the hiring process for the USMS CSCEP. For the CSCEP I've completed all the steps in the hiring process and I'm just waiting for the call to start. Unfortunately with all the budget problems going on I don't think I'll be receiving that call anytime soon. However, before my interview for the CSCEP in Nov 2010 I signed up for the BP exam. Below is a timeline of my hiring process for the BP.

Written: 12-16-2010
            NOR: 12-21-2010
            1st TSL: 7-27-2011
            2nd TSL: 7-29-2011
            Medical & Ptf1: 8-26-2011
            Oral Board: 9-08-2011
            BI check marked on CASS: 12-15-2011

I submitted my e-qip paper work for the BP 8-02-11

However, for the CSCEP I submitted e-qip 2-27-11
            Was actually interviewed for BI 6-28-11
            Received confirmation from Marshals that my BI was favorably adjudicated 9-13-11

I'm guessing they just used the same BI and accepted it. My question is does it normally take this long to go without a Drug Test? That's the only thing I'm missing now before my info gets sent to TSU. I'm excited to get any FLE career started soon. I've heard of people doing their drug test at the beginning of the process. I figured because of the holidays things have slowed down at the HC.
            Last edited by geluna21; 12-26-2011, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chukdawq View Post
              I have a question that I am hoping someone can help me answer. I am all green on my status except for my background check and drug test. I just got a letter in the mail from CBP saying that there are conflicts in my background information and my tentative offer is being withdrawn, but then it says I can write a letter to reply to the issues with my background. The issues with my background are that I have been arrested 3 times. I am now 25 and the arrests occured with I was 17, 20, and 21. The charges were for driving w alcohol in my system of .06 when I was 17. The second was for disorderly conduct when I was 20, both of these were plead guilty and recieved minimal punishment. When I was 21 I was arrested for obstruction of justice and disorderly conduct which was exponged and dropped. I was honest and upfront when applying during the entire process.

My question is has anyone had this similiar situation happen with their background check? Has anyone actually replied and continued the process? Do any of you know of people that have been hired that have similiar arrests in their background? I thank you for any info in advance.

Are you saying you basically received a NOPA and you need to write them a statement. if its a NOPA, i would just try to be honest with myself and really try to show CBP that i have changed and i have learned from the moves i made in life. Some people do get to move onto the process from NOPAs, you can check out delphi forums and i am sure you will find someone in this forum who had a NOPA. If you look at honor first, from your story i would say they probably put you on arrest review ( check out the site and you will get an idea) even mr.Harris from that site says you can get out of arrest review, you will just have to reply and show them that you will not make these disorderly choices in life again.

just my 2 cents, I'm sure an experienced BPA or someone more ahead of the process can give you better info.

best of luck.
              BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by chukdawq View Post
                I have a question that I am hoping someone can help me answer. I am all green on my status except for my background check and drug test. I just got a letter in the mail from CBP saying that there are conflicts in my background information and my tentative offer is being withdrawn, but then it says I can write a letter to reply to the issues with my background. The issues with my background are that I have been arrested 3 times. I am now 25 and the arrests occured with I was 17, 20, and 21. The charges were for driving w alcohol in my system of .06 when I was 17. The second was for disorderly conduct when I was 20, both of these were plead guilty and recieved minimal punishment. When I was 21 I was arrested for obstruction of justice and disorderly conduct which was exponged and dropped. I was honest and upfront when applying during the entire process.

Hey, well maybe I can help I had a similar Experience with an arrest that never occurred and a couple of recent speeding tickets. I received the same letter saying I had been arrested which I had not in 2005 I simply responded with another letter explaining along with paper work supporting me explaining the mix up. As for the tickets I also explained how they were mistakes I made and learned from and deeply regreted my lack of discipline at the time they occurred and how they would not happen again. I was cleared and am now in TSU. Follow the instructions given to you in the letter and include any paper work that will support your letter regarding your guilty plea's and the expungement. Good luck with your process.

Comment

• Nevermind to my previous post, got scheduled for drug test . Finally my last step before TSU! Best wishes to everyone in the process.

Comment

• Just wonder if my prior federal employment with sucessfully completed adjudicated LBI's and SSBI's will help move things along for the new SSBI I just completed for BPA? I'm just waiting for my green check mark on the BI portion in CASS.
                    U.S. Border Patrol
                    Written - 09/2009 scored 92
                    Re-applied 08/2011
                    TSL-1 Received 9/07/2011
                    PFT1 - Passed - 10/11/2011
                    Medical 10/11/2011 Pending
                    Oral Board - 11/19/2011 PASSED
                    GL09 Eligible - 10-22-2011
                    TSL2 10-21-2011
                    BI - Fingerprint cards mailed 11/17/2011,
                    SF86 E-Quip submitted, BI Begins 11-31-2011
                    Medical Cleared 12/2011
                    BI submitted by investigator 12/19/2011 Cleared 6-25-2012
                    Poly 4-2012
                    Drug Test Passsed 6-25-2012
                    TSU Refered to EOD 6-25-2012
                    Waiting for the Calll!

Comment

• Originally posted by apco25 View Post
                      Just wonder if my prior federal employment with sucessfully completed adjudicated LBI's and SSBI's will help move things along for the new SSBI I just completed for BPA? I'm just waiting for my green check mark on the BI portion in CASS.
                      No.

btw, this has been answered dozens of times.
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• I figured it had been considering the length of the thread so far. Thanks!
                        U.S. Border Patrol
                        Written - 09/2009 scored 92
                        Re-applied 08/2011
                        TSL-1 Received 9/07/2011
                        PFT1 - Passed - 10/11/2011
                        Medical 10/11/2011 Pending
                        Oral Board - 11/19/2011 PASSED
                        GL09 Eligible - 10-22-2011
                        TSL2 10-21-2011
                        BI - Fingerprint cards mailed 11/17/2011,
                        SF86 E-Quip submitted, BI Begins 11-31-2011
                        Medical Cleared 12/2011
                        BI submitted by investigator 12/19/2011 Cleared 6-25-2012
                        Poly 4-2012
                        Drug Test Passsed 6-25-2012
                        TSU Refered to EOD 6-25-2012
                        Waiting for the Calll!

Comment

• I have a question. I was place in TSU on 11/10/2011. I was wondering if anyone know like how long it take to get a job. I know theres not a actually time frame. But can it take longer than a year to be offer a position?
                          NYPD
                          Exam #: 8132
                          List #: 10xx
                          Medical: - Completed
                          Written Psych: Completed
                          BI: 3/13/12- Completed
                          Oral Psych:3/26/12 Completed
                          JST: 3/31/12-Completed
                          Mini Med-Completed

Comment

• Depends on your timeline. When did you receive your TSL (Tentative Selection Letter)?
                            BPA -
                            Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I am getting ready for my Oral Interview on the 31st of Jan. Does any one have any tips? Would any like to comment on the difficulty level for the interview?

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by lapd310 View Post
                                Hello everyone,

I am getting ready for my Oral Interview on the 31st of Jan. Does any one have any tips? Would any like to comment on the difficulty level for the interview?

Thank you.
                                Wear a suit, show up early, and bring your common sense. Nothing else to say about it...Good luck!
                                BPA -

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4364 users online. 190 members and 4174 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X