Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It took me 10 days from when my BI cleared to when I entered TSU. Usually your BI won't clear if they intend on giving you a Polygraph, because it because apart of the BI.
    Last edited by Ranger175; 12-16-2011, 04:14 AM. Reason: x
    BPA -
    Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
    TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• I missed the test date. When will they give out applications again?

Comment

• Going to be a while, there are people who have taken the test and who are still waiting on Tentative Selection letter You probably need to check CBP.gov often.

I would guess this summer there maybe another opening.
        BPA -
        Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED

Comment

• I took the test November 18th in NYC- received my scores back within a few weeks as a 91 with no veterans preference points. Anyone have any idea of how long it will be before I hear anything back? I know they have trouble recruiting athletic females, so I didn't know if that might expedite my process at all. Any information would be appreciated! - Thanks Guys!
          BPA
          Application Date: 9/26/11
          Examination Date: 11/19/11 in NYC
          NOR: 11/29/2011 (91)

Comment

• Originally posted by Up4it View Post
            I took the test November 18th in NYC- received my scores back within a few weeks as a 91 with no veterans preference points. Anyone have any idea of how long it will be before I hear anything back? I know they have trouble recruiting athletic females, so I didn't know if that might expedite my process at all. Any information would be appreciated! - Thanks Guys!
            Unfortunately for you I have yet to see where being a female will expedite the hiring process for CBP. I have seen announcements open to females only, however I believe you applied to a general announcement open to both males and females.

At this point, things are going to continue to be at somewhat of a stand still until we're into the new calendar year. A 91 is a good score, you will be placed in line in order of score with all of the other applicants waiting for a TSL.

Best of luck.

Comment

• Late July....
              Go wildcats!

Comment

• No calls for anyone huh? I've been in TSU since oct 26 I hope some one gets the call soon so we can keep the hope torch lite. I'm guessing it's the holidays slowing things down. Any thoughts?

Comment

• I took the written test in Nov and got my score back. One of the guys in my Reserve Unit is a 1801 with the FDA and said I shouldn't count on hearing anything from anyone until Jan or after. Of course, that's nothing more than anecdotal. With the budget being signed recently, I;m pretty optimistic.

Comment

• Ususally calls for a new class start on Thursday but with the Holidays who knows. They appear to be done with class 1000 and should start calling for class 1001 any day. I don't know what your timeline is but that determines if you may get called. They are calling those with TSL from July, August, and September. Maybe today will be the day.
                    BPA -

Comment

• Very cool. Just found out this morning that I qualify for a 10 point vet preference instead of 5. Hopefully, I can get that added in to my score.

Comment

• MHC is currently hiring people with August 2010 (and earlier) certificate dates. You can get yours by simply e-mailing to TSU...

Comment

• Ahh ok I tested sept 3rd 2010 so if that's accurate I'm just out of reach. Well I can't complain I've waited a long Time a few more mOnths won't hurt. Thank you for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjok View Post
                            MHC is currently hiring people with August 2010 (and earlier) certificate dates. You can get yours by simply e-mailing to TSU...
                            What is the email address for TSU?
                            BPA -

Comment

• Thank you, I appreciate it! I feel like I’m waiting to get accepted to my top choice of college again. The suspense is exciting, every day I check the mail like a kid at Christmas. A few of my friends did the Customs exam, and they both got offers within a month and they only received scores in the high 70’s. So I was getting nervous I haven't heard anything back yet. I see you've taken the CBPO and BP Exams with high marks, do you have a preference?
                              BPA
                              Application Date: 9/26/11
                              Examination Date: 11/19/11 in NYC
                              NOR: 11/29/2011 (91)

Comment

• Originally posted by Up4it View Post
                                Thank you, I appreciate it! I feel like I’m waiting to get accepted to my top choice of college again. The suspense is exciting, every day I check the mail like a kid at Christmas. A few of my friends did the Customs exam, and they both got offers within a month and they only received scores in the high 70’s. So I was getting nervous I haven't heard anything back yet. I see you've taken the CBPO and BP Exams with high marks, do you have a preference?
                                If your friends applied for a Southwest border CBPO location, that explains it. CBP has spent the last 6 months really focusing on hiring CBPOs for the SWB and I think as a result border patrol applicants have been put on the back-burner for the most part. Unfortunately, for CBPO I am hoping to get an initial offer for a port in the Northeast region and since I don't think a single TO has gone out for Northeast region for any Dec. 2010 testers, I am probably out of luck for CBPO.

For BPA, I chose AZ as my geo. preference. At this point, I feel like it's pointless to change my geo. preference for CBPO to the SWB so I will see what happens there, otherwise I would certainly take a BPA spot in AZ someday. I'm currently a federal employee and while I'm not doing anything even remotely close to law enforcement, I love my job and my GS-9 pay.

Good luck, be patient, and most importantly, keep working out, an initial offer can come out of nowhere and you want to make sure you're prepared to pass that PFT1.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8020 users online. 366 members and 7654 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X