300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
    If I have passed all of their physical tests, and have received further statements from medical professionals stating the same, as well as a current position in federal law enforcement... Do they have the right to request old medical documents that are no longer applicable, nor do I receive VA compensation for?
    My advice, though I am just an applicant myself, would be to give them whatever they ask for.

I would assume that if you do not comply with their request for more medical information, they will DQ you. I highly doubt that you have any legal recourse since you are applying for a Federal Law Enforcement position that does an extensive medical and background check.

Give them what they want and if they DQ you, then try to fight it.

You never know, they may look at your past medical history and see how far you've come and send you right through.

Good luck!
    Border Patrol Agent
    Applied - 11/11/2010
    Written Exam - 1/11/2011
    NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
    TSL1 - 5/25/2011
    TSL2 - 6/1/2011
    PFT1 - 6/24/2011
    BI Interview - 7/7/2011
    Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
    Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
    Background Completed - 11/1/2011
    Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• I originally applied to the Northern Border in 2009 and was never scheduled into training. I recently reapplied under the Southern Border (timeline below). Everything but the oral board (good for 3 years) has to be updated. The process seems to be moving daily and I am hoping that my background is just updated faster since it was approved in 2010.

Comment

• I feel your pain, I have been waiting 13 Months as well..what a drag!

Comment

• Ia

Hey can anyone help me out and refer me to the number for IA? Also is anyone from NY process going really slow as well?
          Started in August 2010 still in "security office" for 9 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by mv533452 View Post
            Hey can anyone help me out and refer me to the number for IA? Also is anyone from NY process going really slow as well?
            Started in August 2010 still in "security office" for 9 months.
            The number is 202-344-2600, did you meet with an investigator yet? My Background just cleared but I had to wait on a polygraph.

Good luck
            BPA -
            Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
            TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• No Ranger, haven't met with an investigator. What part of NY are you from? I heard they do this by geographic location, im an hour away from NYC.

Comment

• You need to call someone, you shouldn't be waiting that long to hear from an Investigator. Call the number I provided leave a message they will call you back from an Unknown number.

I live in VA but I was raised in NJ.

Good luck
                BPA -
                Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED

Comment

• I just had my interview with my B.I. about 2 1/2 weeks ago. It went very well. Only took about an hour and 15 minutes tops. When should I hear back from IA?

Comment

• HI all, I wanted to know if the border patrol agent would be a good stepping stone to an 1811 gig? Im in the process at the moment, and i wouldnt mind making this job a career. I just wanted to know if some that apply are using this as a way to get a shot at an 1811 gig with the FBI, ICE, or DEA. I would love to do any job especially as a BPA. Do these agencies look at BP experience as a postive or a negative, thanks all and best of luck to everyone in the process!

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPD4LYFE View Post
                      HI all, I wanted to know if the border patrol agent would be a good stepping stone to an 1811 gig? Im in the process at the moment, and i wouldnt mind making this job a career. I just wanted to know if some that apply are using this as a way to get a shot at an 1811 gig with the FBI, ICE, or DEA. I would love to do any job especially as a BPA. Do these agencies look at BP experience as a postive or a negative, thanks all and best of luck to everyone in the process!
                      Any federal job is a "foot" in for a 1811 career, because it will make you have status. Other than that, you'll gain job experience and have to apply like everyone else.
                      Last edited by jtothawhat; 12-13-2011, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• post deleted
                        Last edited by o2force; 01-01-2012, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
                          This is "mostly" false. There are some scenarios where being a federal employee is a huge benefit. For instance, ICE - Deportation Officers are usually only solicited from current ICE-DRO employees. Additionally, I have heard rumors of the U.S. Marshals hiring internally. Also, having a recommendation from an agency supervisor does have the potential to go a long way.

However, the majority of law enforcement positions, especially 1811, require everyone to apply with the "rest".

As for the Border Patrol, it can be good experience. You really wont get too much 1811 experience simply working the "line." However, there are plenty of opportunities for details that can bolster your resume.

Taking the route that will give you the best experience is generally the best option.
                          Unfortunately, CBP doesn't have a 1811 position under it's umbrella as you know. If that were the case then most certainly would being a BPA have a lot of merit. You'll get status, and experience, it's possible to network a lot too...clout is big in the fed. So anything is quite possible.

Comment

• Finally entered TSU as of the 12th. I'm just waiting on a offer.
                            BPA -

Comment

• Originally posted by jtothawhat View Post
                              Any federal job is a "foot" in for a 1811 career, because it will make you have status. Other than that, you'll gain job experience and have to apply like everyone else.
                              Federal employment is a big step. Federal LEO is another large step. Both depend on competitive status. Investigative duties will increase that further along the application road. Basically, what you build in your qualifications are the factors for positioning. Though Federal competitive status is a massive move over non Fed. As non federal, best bet is Veteran status. Without Veteran status, your reviewed pending nothing results from the Veterans that applied for the position.
                              Agencies that have 1811 postions are another step for getting into 1811. DOJ for example. There are LEO non 1811 positions that can get you into the best situation for eventual 1811.
                              Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

• How long do the qualifications usually take to clear? Everything is green for me on CASS and I'm a bit curious how long I'll be waiting to hear about the Polygraph or TSU.
                                BPA-

Written Test - 96 - 09-09-11
                                NOR/ TSL - 10-11-11
                                PFT1 - Passed - 11-04-11
                                SI - Passed - 11-09-11
                                Drug Test - Passed - 11-04-11
                                Background - Passed - 10-18-11 (Crossed over from CBPO)
                                Medical - Passed - 10-01-11 (Crossed over from CBPO)
                                Qualifications - Pending -

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7740 users online. 370 members and 7370 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X