Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys think it would be a good idea to start calling IA regarding my case? Last time I was contacted was on September 26, 2011 but so far I haven't heard anything yet. My Cass just needs one more check mark and I'm good to go (Background).
    "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
    Written Test: 10/04/10
    NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
    TSL 1: 11/17/10
    OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
    Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
    TSL 2: 04/29/11.
    e-QIP: 05/08/11
    BI Interview: 07/26/11
    Drug test: 08/05/11
    Polygraph: 02/08/2012
    CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
    Written Test: 12/09/10
    NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
    TSL 1: 06/14/11
    PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
    VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by pepe View Post
      Do you guys think it would be a good idea to start calling IA regarding my case? Last time I was contacted was on September 26, 2011 but so far I haven't heard anything yet. My Cass just needs one more check mark and I'm good to go (Background).
      Wow you are still waiting on your BI check mark, you should definitively call them...

Comment

• Originally posted by Myst View Post
        Got the NOR also today, scored a 82.
        Anyone have any insight on how much a BPA makes let say after 5 years with the average amount of overtime a BPA does? I know I'd start out at GS5 but I just wanted to see what the pay is like after x years. I passed a bunch of other LEO tests and other jobs which start with more money and a better pension (BPA is 35% pension?) so I just wanted to see if it was worth committing over than the other jobs which pay more and have a better pension.
        Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.
        http://forums.delphiforums.com/borde...es?msg=51471.2
        Border Patrol Agent
        Applied - 11/11/2010
        Written Exam - 1/11/2011
        NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
        TSL1 - 5/25/2011
        TSL2 - 6/1/2011
        PFT1 - 6/24/2011
        BI Interview - 7/7/2011
        Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
        Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
        Background Completed - 11/1/2011
        Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• Well, threw my hat in the ring. Received my NOR this morning, think I could have done better but not bad for driving 6.5 hours to the test, then 6.5 hours home afterwards. I'm hoping the process is slow (Which I'm sure will be the case)......I'm still recovering from a very nasty leg break in July and it's going to be a while before I fully recover.

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I just submitted my packet and should be getting scheduled for the oral pretty soon. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Originally posted by zkostrze View Post
              What's your timeline?

I hope that your background is completed that fast. Realistically, if your BI interview was just completed last week, you've got some time to wait (plus, CASS is only updated Tuesday and Thursday). CBPO's are priority right now so unless you applied for and are in the process for both, I wouldn't expect to see your BI completed by IA for at least a few months.

As far as I know, the poly is considered a part of the BI so if you get the check, you should be in the clear.
              Thanks for the response. I submitted my background packet 9/30/11. There's a guy in one of my criminal justice classes who submitted his around the same time as me, he took a poly 2-3 weeks ago, met with his BI 1 week ago and got the check mark on his Background Investigation 3-4 days after meeting with his BI. He is applying for CBPO though, so I think you're right about them pushing those applicants through.

Comment

• Absolutely. My BI sat in Security Office for months until I took the exam for CBPO. I received the TO for CBPO on 9/29 and got the call on 11/2. They are turning CBPO applicants over VERY fast.
                Border Patrol Agent
                Applied - 11/11/2010
                Written Exam - 1/11/2011
                NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
                TSL1 - 5/25/2011
                TSL2 - 6/1/2011
                PFT1 - 6/24/2011
                BI Interview - 7/7/2011
                Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
                Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
                Background Completed - 11/1/2011
                Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• I have a question, are you allowed to stay at the academy on the weekends or do you have to get a hotel? Or is training on the weekends also?
                    NYPD
                    Exam #: 8132
                    List #: 10xx
                    Medical: - Completed
                    Written Psych: Completed
                    BI: 3/13/12- Completed
                    Oral Psych:3/26/12 Completed
                    JST: 3/31/12-Completed
                    Mini Med-Completed

Comment

• Originally posted by Kennedyford
                      Nice high test scores. What is your secret or strategies?

I am finally reading this thread and it appears to be cyclical by testing announcements. That being said I guess I will start it over again.

Written test done in Nov.2011 at the Estrella Community College in Avondale Arizona.
                      NOR Nov. 29. 002 Border Patrol Agent 05 74

I assume I am on the low side of the list. When the test booklet says don't memorize the suffix and prefix rules, kinda hard since I memorized it out of practice in 3 days. wirnefoz....lol. Prob why I got a low score trying to relearn the vocab. I used every minute I had.

I would like to know if anyone has the answer to this question based on info or experience. If you live and have a home in Phoenix, what do you do with a mortgage? If one does not mind driving do I have to move? Selling in this economy is not likely to be a option.

Guess I will be looking at this thread a lil more then accidentally posting in the customs and border protection....(same thing but they dont get to hike in the desert)....
                      When/if they offer you a job, you will have no control over where it is located. Don't even assume that you will get Arizona. I have talked to a few people down here who had AZ as their preference and got Eagle Pass, TX.

As for your mortgage, you will probably have to do the same thing that myself and several of my classmates did, and move and leave your home on the market. You are not the only person ever to have to move for the job. My house has been on the market back home since I left and I am still making payments on it, It will eventually sell, or I will rent it out, but whatever happens, I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime.

If you don't really want to move, there is a very slim chance you could be offered Casa Grande, but otherwise you should seriously consider how bad you want this job.
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by mm91186 View Post
                        I have a question, are you allowed to stay at the academy on the weekends or do you have to get a hotel? Or is training on the weekends also?
                        You won't need a hotel room for weekends unless you have someone visit you. You can't have overnight guests on the facility.

There is no training on weekends.

You're provided a dorm room and meals for your entire stay.

Comment

• I received an email from MHC asking for a document in order to be placed into TSU. So apprently my background cleared and I should be in TSU soon. I took the polygraph on November 22, 2011, so less then 2 weeks to clear my background. Though I did take it at IA in Washington, D.C.
                          BPA -
                          Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                          TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• I tested in October of 2010 and still am going through the BI process, they wrote me a nice e-mail stating they made a mistake and forgot to submit my paperwork to OPM for a NAC. It's been with IA for 9 months, does anyone know the average time from OPM to Adjudications? I am hoping the Adjudicator sees that it's been sitting awhile and acts on it pretty quickly. The plus side is that ICE used the SSBI conducted by CBP which worked in my favor.

Comment

• I need a little experience/ help

I've passed all of the hiring process stuff (for both CBPO AND BPA): VBT, SI, PFT1, Poly, and whatever else they've thrown my way. However, I received a letter from the MHC medical center saying that they have concerns with my VA rated disability (I hit a took from when a was serving on my 12 years of active duty), and they would like more info. Primarily, more info from my medical PCP stating if whether I could do the prescribed actions within the letter: carry 85lbs, bend over certain angles, run certain distances, etc, etc. Pretty lengthy list. They also requested that I send in my most recent VA rating decision, showing how badly I might be disabled or injured.

So here is where my concern truly arises:
                              1. I am currently serving within another agency as a federal Police Officer and have regular Physical & Medical evals (and I smoke em all!), and
                              2. The VA lowered my rating from 50% to 20% due to me being in much better condition. Left with 20% due to other issues (scars, minor hearing loss, etc)
                              3. I went to my medical PCP, and was FULLY evaluated and they pretty much said that I was Superman.

Since I've sent all of that info AND MORE in, the MHC medical center calls back and said that they want more information. Primarily, they want all of the original information from when my injury originally happened, and the official documents that described the condition of my injury. The major problem is that I spent a hand full of years getting back to great physical condition since the injury. BUT, they are asking for the original paperwork that would make me sound as if I was in truly dire or BAD condition, as I was immediately following my surgery. After discharge, I worked my *** off to repair my body and get back to as close as I could before my hit.

If I have passed all of their physical tests, and have received further statements from medical professionals stating the same, as well as a current position in federal law enforcement... Do they have the right to request old medical documents that are no longer applicable, nor do I receive VA compensation for?

I close family friend was ruled ineligible for another gov't job for a similar situation recently. The agency requested further info regarding an old injury (again, from active duty time) and ruled him ineligible for the position...even though he passed all of their tests and they had no legal access to the previous info. It worries me to be in a similar position.

Sorry this is sooo long…almost done.

***So do I ignore/decline their requests and only offer them what I have and want them to see? Or is there some sort of advocate or professional that could guide me through some of this?***

Thank you for any help.
                              Much Respect,
                              Verve10
                              Last edited by Verve10; 12-05-2011, 08:37 PM.
                              CBPO
                              Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by Kennedyford
                                Nice high test scores. What is your secret or strategies?
                                I just make sure to get a good night's rest and concentrate when taking the test. I really don't study beforehand and I don't second-guess myself when answering questions. I'm used to taking a lot of standardized tests though, such as the LSAT, bar exam, and many pre-employment tests.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5126 users online. 275 members and 4851 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X