X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruger View Post
    Well took my written test in 10/03/2011
    Received my NOR 10/20/2011 got an 85 with no vet points
    And today (11/28/2011) received my TSL1....

Seems like the process is moving pretty quick....
    I got the NOR today, 75, so I guess It will be about 2 to 3 months before I hear anything
    Go wildcats!

Comment

• Got back my NOR's for the BPA test. scored a 98 w/out vet points. So far, no tsl. For the CBPO, I received a score in the low 90's and got my TSL before my NOR's. There may be a bigger push for CBPO's right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
        Got back my NOR's for the BPA test. scored a 98 w/out vet points. So far, no tsl. For the CBPO, I received a score in the low 90's and got my TSL before my NOR's. There may be a bigger push for CBPO's right now.
        When did you get your NOR??
        Go wildcats!

Comment

• Border Patrol Agent Oral Board Interview

Hi ya'll,
          Im doing my oral board interveiw in the near future and would love some tips. I'm not asking for specifics but what is it like time wise? My letter said 3-4 hours. Does that count the wait as well?

Also, what does entry on as a GL-9 involve? How long is the FTO phase?

Would appreciate some good solid advice. Thanks again

Comment

• Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
            Hi ya'll,
            Im doing my oral board interveiw in the near future and would love some tips. I'm not asking for specifics but what is it like time wise? My letter said 3-4 hours. Does that count the wait as well?

You will be interviewed by 3 Agents. When i took my oral board there were 2 rooms running at the same time. The actual board took about 35-60 mins. Depending what type of order they run it in determines how long you will be there. First come, A-Z, Z-A. Your probation and FTU is the same as going in at a GL-5

Comment

• Originally posted by chuck9899 View Post
              You will be interviewed by 3 Agents. When i took my oral board there were 2 rooms running at the same time. The actual board took about 35-60 mins. Depending what type of order they run it in determines how long you will be there. First come, A-Z, Z-A. Your probation and FTU is the same as going in at a GL-5
              Thanks Chuck. About how long is the FTU phase? I'm a LEO currently and our Field Training Program here in my jurisdiction was just three and a half months long.

Comment

• Originally posted by striketm View Post
                When did you get your NOR??
                today

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
                  today
                  great!. me too....
                  Go wildcats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                    Hi ya'll,

Gl-9 is still an entry position but its the highest pay level you can start at, with my PD experience I have qualified at GL-9 so you start out higher above the people at GL-5, Gl-7. FTO is still the same you just advance quicker.

Comment

• Question to current BP Agents....just wondering what the best stations are in Texas just out of curiosity...dont really care where they put me, but still curious to which best stations are in relation to town, neighborhoods, jobs for spouse, etc...

My guess would be the stations closest to large cities like Corpus Cristi and San Antonio....

Applied for South Texas and I know that doesn't guarantee me that I will get that area but I was still just wondering...

Figured y'all could spread any experience or rumors on which were the best...

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruger View Post
                        Question to current BP Agents....just wondering what the best stations are in Texas just out of curiosity...dont really care where they put me, but still curious to which best stations are in relation to town, neighborhoods, jobs for spouse, etc...

My guess would be the stations closest to large cities like Corpus Cristi and San Antonio....

Applied for South Texas and I know that doesn't guarantee me that I will get that area but I was still just wondering...

Figured y'all could spread any experience or rumors on which were the best...

Thanks in advance.
                        Starting out new, you will not get assigned to places like San Antonio or Corpus Cristi. Expect to go somewhere like Laredo or the McAllen area.

Comment

• Met with my BI last week, and he said he would be submitting my Background packet this week, there were no problems with it that I know of. Checking CASS every day, waiting to see the check mark on my Background Investigation. If I do get the check mark without having to take the poly, does that mean I won't have to?

Comment

• Originally posted by striketm View Post
                            I got the NOR today, 75, so I guess It will be about 2 to 3 months before I hear anything

bro i got a 75. and i am still waiting lol..got my score like 9/19/11. i am sure it will be a long wait but i will probably consider retaking the test next time
                            Last edited by dghai62; 12-01-2011, 09:17 AM.
                            BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by outlook7777 View Post
                              Met with my BI last week, and he said he would be submitting my Background packet this week, there were no problems with it that I know of. Checking CASS every day, waiting to see the check mark on my Background Investigation. If I do get the check mark without having to take the poly, does that mean I won't have to?
                              What's your timeline?

I hope that your background is completed that fast. Realistically, if your BI interview was just completed last week, you've got some time to wait (plus, CASS is only updated Tuesday and Thursday). CBPO's are priority right now so unless you applied for and are in the process for both, I wouldn't expect to see your BI completed by IA for at least a few months.

As far as I know, the poly is considered a part of the BI so if you get the check, you should be in the clear.
                              Border Patrol Agent
                              Applied - 11/11/2010
                              Written Exam - 1/11/2011
                              NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
                              TSL1 - 5/25/2011
                              TSL2 - 6/1/2011
                              PFT1 - 6/24/2011
                              BI Interview - 7/7/2011
                              Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
                              Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
                              Background Completed - 11/1/2011
                              Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• Got the NOR also today, scored a 82.
                                Anyone have any insight on how much a BPA makes let say after 5 years with the average amount of overtime a BPA does? I know I'd start out at GS5 but I just wanted to see what the pay is like after x years. I passed a bunch of other LEO tests and other jobs which start with more money and a better pension (BPA is 35% pension?) so I just wanted to see if it was worth committing over than the other jobs which pay more and have a better pension.
                                Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9854 users online. 490 members and 9364 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X