300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by grunt82abn View Post
    Why would the Border Patrol issue me a Top Secret security clearance if I have never been employed by the agency? I tested in 1998, but was never given a job offer from the BP and was never given a reason why. It was brought up today and it was explained federal agencies don't issue full security clearances unless you are employed by that agency. So now it looks like I am trying to hide something. If anyone has any advice on how to correct this, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Either someone has the same name as you or your BI doesn't know the difference between a SSBI and a clearance.

Comment

• Happy thanksgiving guys/gals enjoy your weekend stay out of trouble and please don't drink and drive!

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
        Either someone has the same name as you or your BI doesn't know the difference between a SSBI and a clearance.
        That's what I thought at first, but when she showed me the print out of all my awarded clearances with all of the dates of issue and agencies that awarded . There it was in black and white, Top Secret INS 04/1998-05/1999. All the rest were correct. It's really a mind boggler!

BIA 0083 Police Officer
        WindRiver PD
        Tentative Offer:02/12/2013
        Medical: Completed
        E-Quip : Completed
        BI: Completed
        EOD: 07/30/2013

"We Must Not Simply Mourn The Men Who Died. Rather We Should Thank God That Such Men Lived." Gen George Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by grunt82abn View Post
          That's what I thought at first, but when she showed me the print out of all my awarded clearances with all of the dates of issue and agencies that awarded . There it was in black and white, Top Secret INS 04/1998-05/1999. All the rest were correct. It's really a mind boggler!
          I'm Sure just by proving you were never employed by BP that should be cleared right up ?? Hmm some one really messed up somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by a2002slp View Post
            I'm Sure just by proving you were never employed by BP that should be cleared right up ?? Hmm some one really messed up somewhere.
            I hope so, I had to provide a copy of my SF-50 showing I was with another agency. They said they would let me know.

BIA 0083 Police Officer
            WindRiver PD
            Tentative Offer:02/12/2013
            Medical: Completed
            E-Quip : Completed
            BI: Completed
            EOD: 07/30/2013

"We Must Not Simply Mourn The Men Who Died. Rather We Should Thank God That Such Men Lived." Gen George Patton

Comment

• Anyone who passed the polygraph know how long it takes from the polygraph to get into TSU?
              Took mine last week and curious about a possible time frame to enter TSU.

Thanks
              BPA -
              Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
              TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
                Anyone who passed the polygraph know how long it takes from the polygraph to get into TSU?
                Took mine last week and curious about a possible time frame to enter TSU.

Thanks
                Don't know but question for you, does poly show up as one of your checked items in CASS?

Comment

• Originally posted by BanditLAPD View Post
                  Don't know but question for you, does poly show up as one of your checked items in CASS?
                  No. It's just part of the BI, it shows pending until you complete the poly and you're background. As long as you are fortunate enough to get one
                  BPA -
                  Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                  TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Well took my written test in 10/03/2011
                    Received my NOR 10/20/2011 got an 85 with no vet points
                    And today (11/28/2011) received my TSL1....

Seems like the process is moving pretty quick....
                    Last edited by Ruger; 11-29-2011, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruger View Post
                      Well took my written test in 10/03/2011
                      Received my NOR 10/20/2011 got an 85 with no vet points
                      And today (11/28/2011) received my TSL1....

Seems like the process is moving pretty quick....

GOOD FOR YOU RUGER!!!!!! very happy to hear that , I hope I get my TSL1 by next month or beginning of next year . really congrats!!! did u choose southwest as your pref?
                      CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
                      NOR: 08/30/11
                      TSL1: 12/12/11
                      MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
                      VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
                      TSL2: 02/17/12
                      BI: in security office 03/06/12
                      QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
                      DRUG TEST: PENDING

------------------
                      BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
                      NOR: 10/21/11

Comment

• Hey everyone - first time posting in this thread. I applied in August for the CA preference VA. For some reason had to wait 3 months to take the test - awaiting NOR now. I just feel like so far my process is slower than most - maybe it has to deal with living in the Northeast. Who knows. Anyway, I'm hoping for the best and wish you all luck in the process.
                        Last edited by JJ1o87; 11-29-2011, 10:58 PM.
                        PD+

Comment

• Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
                          GOOD FOR YOU RUGER!!!!!! very happy to hear that , I hope I get my TSL1 by next month or beginning of next year . really congrats!!! did u choose southwest as your pref?
                          Thank you! From the selections they gave me I chose South Texas or West Texas

Best of luck to you

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruger View Post
                            Thank you! From the selections they gave me I chose South Texas or West Texas

Best of luck to you
                            Thanks a lot man ! I thought i didnt have any chance of getting the process started with a score of 81 Best of luck to you as well .. really made my day to see someone with similar dates and score get a TSL1.!! Keep us updates with your process.
                            CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
                            NOR: 08/30/11
                            TSL1: 12/12/11
                            MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
                            VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
                            TSL2: 02/17/12
                            BI: in security office 03/06/12
                            QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
                            DRUG TEST: PENDING

------------------
                            BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
                            NOR: 10/21/11

Comment

• Originally posted by JJ1o87 View Post
                              Hey everyone - first time posting in this thread. I applied in August for the CA preference VA. For some reason had to wait 3 months to take the test - awaiting NOR now. I just feel like so far my process is slower than most - maybe it has to deal with living in the Northeast. Who knows. Anyway, I'm hoping for the best and wish you all luck in the process.
                              Your current geographic location has nothing to do with it. Unfortunately, that's just how it goes. Things will move slow, then they will pick up. Then, after months of feeling like the process is moving quick, you'll hit the BI stage and end up waiting several more months before you hear anything about the next step.

Settle in for the long haul, my friend. And good luck!
                              Border Patrol Agent
                              Applied - 11/11/2010
                              Written Exam - 1/11/2011
                              NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
                              TSL1 - 5/25/2011
                              TSL2 - 6/1/2011
                              PFT1 - 6/24/2011
                              BI Interview - 7/7/2011
                              Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
                              Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
                              Background Completed - 11/1/2011
                              Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by zkostrze View Post
                                Your current geographic location has nothing to do with it. Unfortunately, that's just how it goes. Things will move slow, then they will pick up. Then, after months of feeling like the process is moving quick, you'll hit the BI stage and end up waiting several more months before you hear anything about the next step.

Settle in for the long haul, my friend. And good luck!
                                Thanks - you too!
                                PD+

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10278 users online. 496 members and 9782 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X