Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thanks for the info on the watch I'll be picking up a g-shock this weekend for sure, another Q for those stationed in Texas, given a choice between El Paso and Laredo Wich would be "better" to work/live in? I'll take what is offered to me but just in case I get 2 offer lol

    Comment


    • Can any current or former BPA tell me what the benefits are when your hired. By benefits I mean medical and dental, and any other good perks you get by being in the USBP. By this I mean, do you guys have to pay for medical insurance, and how about for your spouse, kids, etc? And if so, around how much or do they pay that for you. Everyone always says how good the benefits are with the feds, well how good is it??? Thanks all

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MDPD4LYFE View Post
        Can any current or former BPA tell me what the benefits are when your hired. By benefits I mean medical and dental, and any other good perks you get by being in the USBP. By this I mean, do you guys have to pay for medical insurance, and how about for your spouse, kids, etc? And if so, around how much or do they pay that for you. Everyone always says how good the benefits are with the feds, well how good is it??? Thanks all
        http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/n...e_benefits.xml
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


        BOP - BPA - ICE

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MDPD4LYFE View Post
          Can any current or former BPA tell me what the benefits are when your hired. By benefits I mean medical and dental, and any other good perks you get by being in the USBP. By this I mean, do you guys have to pay for medical insurance, and how about for your spouse, kids, etc? And if so, around how much or do they pay that for you. Everyone always says how good the benefits are with the feds, well how good is it??? Thanks all
          Its also in the vacancy announcement you applied to.

          Comment


          • The medical plans look great, but do you actually pay for them out of pocket or do the Feds pick up the tab??

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MDPD4LYFE View Post
              The medical plans look great, but do you actually pay for them out of pocket or do the Feds pick up the tab??
              Google fehb

              Comment


              • Meet and greet

                Well my NOR was 82.... that's because I didn't get to finish the first part of the test. The lady administering the exam told us to go by the clock on the wall. She said to stop at 11:35am. I had 3 minutes left, and had 8 questions to go. So I figured I would read one more question, answer correctly, and then just randomly guess (bubble in) the rest. Then out of no where, a cooking timer goes off and she says pencils down! I had a good 2 minutes to go on the clock on the wall, the clock that according to go we were supposed to go by. Anyhow, I left 8 questions completely blank and I scored 82. I'm positive that if I would have had finished the test, I could have scored in the upper 90's.

                How was the meet and greet for the FBI, I'm going to apply in late December.
                BPA
                Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                TSU: 01/03/13
                The Call: 02/01/13

                CBPO
                Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                Written Test: 04/19/12
                NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                Background Investigation: Completed
                Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                TSU: 12/27/12
                The Call: 02/01/13

                Comment


                • Response

                  Originally posted by MDPD4LYFE View Post
                  The medical plans look great, but do you actually pay for them out of pocket or do the Feds pick up the tab??
                  Well my NOR was 82.... that's because I didn't get to finish the first part of the test. The lady administering the exam told us to go by the clock on the wall. She said to stop at 11:35am. I had 3 minutes left, and had 8 questions to go. So I figured I would read one more question, answer correctly, and then just randomly guess (bubble in) the rest. Then out of no where, a cooking timer goes off and she says pencils down! I had a good 2 minutes to go on the clock on the wall, the clock that according to go we were supposed to go by. Anyhow, I left 8 questions completely blank and I scored 82. I'm positive that if I would have had finished the test, I could have scored in the upper 90's.

                  How was the meet and greet for the FBI, I'm going to apply in late December.
                  BPA
                  Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                  TSU: 01/03/13
                  The Call: 02/01/13

                  CBPO
                  Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                  Written Test: 04/19/12
                  NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                  TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                  Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                  Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                  PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                  Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                  VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                  Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                  Background Investigation: Completed
                  Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                  BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                  TSU: 12/27/12
                  The Call: 02/01/13

                  Comment


                  • Took and aced my interview today. Just waiting on BI to finish now

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BanditLAPD View Post
                      Took and aced my interview today. Just waiting on BI to finish now
                      Congrats, now hurry up n wait if you don't have much on your BI should only be a couple of months from what I've been seeing

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BanditLAPD View Post
                        Took and aced my interview today. Just waiting on BI to finish now
                        BP hiring is slowing down, it's not what it used to be with that big push earlier this year as many vacancies are being filled up. I haven't been at the academy that long but talking to a few guys who got here over the summer, say that it's a lot emptier now then it used to be. Just some food for thought.
                        Last edited by Allistar; 11-08-2011, 10:13 PM.


                        U.S. Border Patrol
                        EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX



                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Allistar View Post
                          BP hiring is slowing down, it's not what it used to be with that big push earlier this year as many vacancies are being filled up. I haven't been at the academy that long but talking to a few guys who got here over the summer, say that it's a lot emptier now then it used to be. Just some food for thought.
                          Man that's tuff to hear, my paper work was sent to scheduling on the 26 oct n still haven't received the call I'm Gettin a little worried lol what are you finding to be the hardest part of the academy?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by a2002slp View Post
                            Congrats, now hurry up n wait if you don't have much on your BI should only be a couple of months from what I've been seeing
                            BI has all ready been turned in for CBPO, I doubt they will do a whole nother one when it was just turned in 2 weeks ago, from what the recruiter was telling me today they are trying to fill up texas and arizona with this hiring push, and when I was leaving my interview one of the agents told me, "Hope you like texas or arizona"

                            Comment


                            • Patiently waiting here, I have been in the process for a while.... I did receive 2 emails from MHC three weeks ago, one requiring me to verify that my medical status hasn't changed, and the other to re-initiate my EQIP.

                              I have noticed that they have slowed down a bit....
                              BPA
                              BPA test date: 8/21/10
                              TSU: 2/6/12
                              EOD: ???

                              CBPO
                              Got the call!
                              PFT2: 3/23
                              EOD: 4/9
                              FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BanditLAPD View Post
                                BI has all ready been turned in for CBPO, I doubt they will do a whole nother one when it was just turned in 2 weeks ago, from what the recruiter was telling me today they are trying to fill up texas and arizona with this hiring push, and when I was leaving my interview one of the agents told me, "Hope you like texas or arizona"
                                Ahh ok good deal, Texas or AZ would be great I wonder what citys are being offered? Are you currently lapd?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10492 users online. 493 members and 9999 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X