• Show
Clear All

• http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...utm_medium=RSS

Comment

• thats pretty f-ed up

Comment

• Originally posted by BanditLAPD View Post
        thats pretty f-ed up
        Damn I cannot comprehend how he was possibly convicted? The suspect did not complain other than sore shoulders from the smuggling pack he was carrying full of MJ lol that agent needed a better lawyer... Just goes to show guys be very careful in the way you treat people and document everything.

Comment

• Confused???

Originally posted by MDPD4LYFE View Post
          Just had my medical and physical, and i tested on 09/08. I scored 97 w/o vet points, and the process seems to be moving along quiet fast; hopefully it stays that way. The PFT was a bit harder than i expected because of the 5 minute step test, but overall not too bad, even if you dont really workout all that much, good luck!
          I took the exam on 9/7 and still haven't heard back from them, how is it that there are other people that applied after me but have been given a T.O before me?
          BPA
          Applied (CA): 08/02/11
          TSU: 01/03/13
          The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
          Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
          Written Test: 04/19/12
          NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
          TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
          Pre-Employment forms: Completed
          Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
          PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
          Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
          VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
          Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
          Background Investigation: Completed
          Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
          BI Meeting: 12/20/12
          TSU: 12/27/12

Comment

• Wow

Originally posted by BanditLAPD View Post
            thats pretty f-ed up
            What ever happened to sovereign immunity?
            BPA
            Applied (CA): 08/02/11
            TSU: 01/03/13

CBPO
            Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
            Written Test: 04/19/12
            NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
            TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
            Pre-Employment forms: Completed
            Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
            PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
            Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
            VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
            Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
            Background Investigation: Completed
            Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
            BI Meeting: 12/20/12
            TSU: 12/27/12

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPD4LYFE View Post
              Just had my medical and physical, and i tested on 09/08. I scored 97 w/o vet points, and the process seems to be moving along quiet fast; hopefully it stays that way. The PFT was a bit harder than i expected because of the 5 minute step test, but overall not too bad, even if you dont really workout all that much, good luck!
              Same haha the step test was annoying by the 5 minute mark. Just got my OHB date. Anyone have theirs scheduled for November 17?

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
                What ever happened to sovereign immunity?
                If the government's investigation doesn't go your way, you may be criminally prosecuted, of course. But there's another issue here, and it is particulary sensitive in the Patrol. The story for the Border Patrol over and over is that Agents bond closely... and some (not all) feel the need to cover for brother/sister agents. This could potentially be a big mistake.

Things happen quick out there. In the process, anyone can make a mistake. Nobody's perfect, and nobody deserves to be ratted out for the occaisonal error that occurred with a momentary lapse of judgment, or something that was not done out of malice. That's not what I'm talking about. There are, however, certain individuals that go out of their way to do things the wrong way every chance they get. You'll catch on to who these individuals are. Do not get caught up with their nonsense. You have an obligation to provide for yourself and your family.

Now, if you feel someone has been falsely accused, then stand by them and support them and fight with them tooth and nail. If someone likes to beat aliens in front of you, then they are taking your integrity, they are taking your livelihood and everything you worked hard for. How much is your integrity worth?

Comment

• Very well put and great advice, thank you

Comment

• Can anyone recommend a good wrist watch for the academy and patrol?

Comment

• Originally posted by a2002slp View Post
                      Can anyone recommend a good wrist watch for the academy and patrol?
                      Casio G-Shock, it'll stand up to anything and they have tons of models that will tell you anything you ever wanted to know. Oh, and they're pretty good at keeping time too. They can be kind of expensive, but I use one now and its stood up to firefighting and working on an ambulance. Check Overstock.com and Amazon, they probably have them the cheapest, if not your local Wal-Mart is also a safe bet. They'll last a long time so they're a good investment.

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
                        I took the exam on 9/7 and still haven't heard back from them, how is it that there are other people that applied after me but have been given a T.O before me?
                        What was your NOR? I know some guys that scored in the low 90s that tested with me, and they havent heard a peep...

Comment

• Originally posted by a2002slp View Post
                          Can anyone recommend a good wrist watch for the academy and patrol?
                          Won't be able to wear a watch during PT at the academy. Either everyone wears one or none at all. I would wait to get a good watch when you hit your duty station after you graduate.

Comment

• Thanks guys, good thing I asked I was planning on spending the extra cash on a nice one but ill just get a beater watch for now.

Comment

• Has there been any recent TO's ?

Comment

• G-Shock

Originally posted by jsleight View Post
                                Casio G-Shock, it'll stand up to anything and they have tons of models that will tell you anything you ever wanted to know. Oh, and they're pretty good at keeping time too. They can be kind of expensive, but I use one now and its stood up to firefighting and working on an ambulance. Check Overstock.com and Amazon, they probably have them the cheapest, if not your local Wal-Mart is also a safe bet. They'll last a long time so they're a good investment.
                                I second that. Mine's been through some intense ****, is 6 years old, and works like it was new.
                                CBPO

Test: 7/2011
                                TO: 8/29/2011
                                NOR: 8/30/2011
                                VBT/SI: 9/27/2011
                                PFT1: 9/28/2011

BPA

Test: 8/2011
                                TO: 9/28/2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5565 users online. 278 members and 5287 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X