300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Go Banana View Post
    Just got by written test score back (97!), and I'm wondering about how final offers are given out. The written score affects your priority in getting to the interview right? And that's just pass fail, and assuming you pass the BI, medical, pft, you're ranked by that written score (and only by that first score)? Does a high written score basically guarantee a final offer assuming you pass all the intermediate steps?

Website has this: "If you successfully complete these steps your name will be placed on a list for a future position. As vacancies become available and your name is reachable (dependant on original selection date order and score order, including veterans’ preference) you will receive a firm offer of employment."

How do you rank by date and score order?
    What Madchiken said. I got the same score as you and wish it mattered a little more. I applied in July 2010 and am still waiting...just to give you an idea of what you're probably in for (although some who applied at that time have been hired already).

Comment

• Originally posted by caramelo2424 View Post
      I really admire your ability identify fallacious reasoning. You are way above the BP curve sir.
      Thanks. That's about all I got out of college. Glad to put it to use somehow.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• New applicant

Recently took the test and scored 91. Awaiting further word... been here before with federal jobs...wait, wait and more wait. What is the usual time frame for hire? I see some people have been waiting a year or so. Are most people going to south tx at this point? I'm down with whatever location they give me. I do have a question though... I've been watching the show border wars, and I'm not too sure how accurate their display is to what an agent really does. But, why is it that most of the agents are of Hispanic origin? I know that sounds bad, but you just don't see many other ethnicity. Is there a reason for that?

Comment

• Well any ethnicity is able and encouraged to apply, if mostly Hispanics are applying then it's by Choice they make on theire own. If I had to guess it might be fear of taking and passing the Spanish equivelancy exam? Or they are just not interested in the job hmmm who knows...

Comment

• Any actual agents on here that want to give a roundabout salary? I know they have LEAP, but I am just curious really as to how much the pay is, I was given my NOR and it said qualified for gs 5,7,9. Thanks!

Comment

• It's not rocket science, the job requires you to have a basic command of the Spanish language.

Comment

• Originally posted by semper03 View Post
                  It's not rocket science, the job requires you to have a basic command of the Spanish language.
                  Yes I know this, but still so many manage to fail.......

Comment

• Originally posted by codeman1152 View Post
                    Any actual agents on here that want to give a roundabout salary? I know they have LEAP, but I am just curious really as to how much the pay is, I was given my NOR and it said qualified for gs 5,7,9. Thanks!
                    We dont have LEAP. We have AUO and FLSA. Our salaries range from 50K to six figures.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                      We dont have LEAP. We have AUO and FLSA. Our salaries range from 50K to six figures.
                      Oh I wasn't aware they didn't have LEAP. Is AUO, and FLSA the same type scenario as LEAP?

Comment

• Originally posted by codeman1152 View Post
                        Oh I wasn't aware they didn't have LEAP. Is AUO, and FLSA the same type scenario as LEAP?
                        Petty much the same but pays more than LEAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rinzler View Post
                          Nope it's out of your hands. Nothing you can do but sit back and relax. This is one of the many reasons the BI's can take 6-9 months.
                          6-9 if lucky lol...I'm around a year now! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by a2002slp View Post
                            For those who are in flect or recently graduated, what was harder the academics or the physical part of it? I am in good shape now I'm just curious how hard the academics actually are. I hear different things here n there.
                            PT will be challenging but you will be ok if you are in good shape. Academics, specifically immigration law, is what gets most people.
                            BP
                            Test- 9/18/08 (El Paso)
                            NOR- 9/18/08 (98 no vet)
                            PUT ON HOLD B/C OF MILITARY
                            Reactivated- 7/8/09 (103 w/vet)
                            Fitness/physical- July 2009 (passed)
                            Drug test- August 2009 (passed)
                            Oral board - October 2009 (passed)
                            Stop-lossed and deployed to Iraq
                            BI- February 2010 (passed)
                            Switched application from northern border to southern border- September 2010
                            TSU- Dec 2, 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by stimble View Post
                              PT will be challenging but you will be ok if you are in good shape. Academics, specifically immigration law, is what gets most people.
                              Thank you stimble, is there anything I can do now to prepare that you could recommend? when you say gets most people you mean failing the academy because of it correct?

Comment

• [QUOTE=a2002slp;2906619]Thank you stimble, is there anything I can do now to prepare that you could recommend? when you say gets most people you mean failing the academy because of it correct?[/QUOTE

You will be ok if you have good study habits/time management. Use at least the first few weekends at the academy to study. It gets easier and you will have plenty of time to relax later. Most people fail because they either live nearby and go home on the weekends, or have poor study habits.
                                BP
                                Test- 9/18/08 (El Paso)
                                NOR- 9/18/08 (98 no vet)
                                PUT ON HOLD B/C OF MILITARY
                                Reactivated- 7/8/09 (103 w/vet)
                                Fitness/physical- July 2009 (passed)
                                Drug test- August 2009 (passed)
                                Oral board - October 2009 (passed)
                                Stop-lossed and deployed to Iraq
                                BI- February 2010 (passed)
                                Switched application from northern border to southern border- September 2010
                                TSU- Dec 2, 2010

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8330 users online. 220 members and 8110 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X