300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by a2002slp View Post
    Thank you for the quick response, I'll deff take what they give me beggers can't be Choosers, I do currently live in southern California I also own a home here but I'm willing to leave it to my ex wife if Im not able to get stationed here in Cali. Another random question do you know what your heart rate is supposed to be in order for them to let you do the pf2? I know it can't be too high, I'm not worried really it's just that I've always been a bit high strung very energetic. Also where is the pf2 taken?
    Not sure what the heart rate is. You may be able to find the info on Border Patrol's website under the prt2 guidelines. The pft2 is located at the closet sector facility. Southern California is most likely in San Diego at southwestern college.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rinzler View Post
      Do you live in California currently ? Most people with CA preference only get a CA station if they live in CA if they are lucky.
      That's just wrong. Plenty of people are from CA, live in CA and got stations in CA, many right at or near their hometowns.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8USC1229 View Post
        That's just wrong. Plenty of people are from CA, live in CA and got stations in CA, many right at or near their hometowns.
        I'd like to think that I would get a CA station, but a friend of mine that's from the Temecula area got offered AZ even though his preference was CA. I'm not trying to relocate to another state for the time being.
        Last edited by TheSentinel; 10-19-2011, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• I really hope I get CA but if they don't offer it well I'm not gonna complain. My only fear is to get stuck in a check point bored out of my mind is that possible? Like in Indio or blythe? Or does every agent get a turn on the border?

Comment

• Originally posted by 8USC1229 View Post
            That has hardly been the case this year. There are so few openings in CA and way to many people with CA preference not everyone will get CA.

Comment

• Originally posted by a2002slp View Post
              I really hope I get CA but if they don't offer it well I'm not gonna complain. My only fear is to get stuck in a check point bored out of my mind is that possible? Like in Indio or blythe? Or does every agent get a turn on the border?
              Just curious, why do you think you'd be bored out of your mind at a checkpoint?

Comment

• When I went through the hiring process in 2008 nearly everyone was excited to get to the line and would accept any location. Now the process is filled with whining individuals who are scared to move more than 15 minutes from their hometown and contemplate accepting the position if it isn't exactly what they want. Cut the cord, put in your time like everyone else and shut up or drop out of the process. There are hundreds of people behind you that would love to be that much closer to getting the call.

Save the government the money they are wasting on you...

30% of new hires leave the position within the first 18 months. Those whining in an online forum prior to even bring offered the position are the exact individuals who won't make it.

Comment

• Amen brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbacksrock02 View Post
                    When I went through the hiring process in 2008 nearly everyone was excited to get to the line and would accept any location. Now the process is filled with whining individuals who are scared to move more than 15 minutes from their hometown and contemplate accepting the position if it isn't exactly what they want. Cut the cord, put in your time like everyone else and shut up or drop out of the process. There are hundreds of people behind you that would love to be that much closer to getting the call.

Save the government the money they are wasting on you...

30% of new hires leave the position within the first 18 months. Those whining in an online forum prior to even bring offered the position are the exact individuals who won't make it.
                    Not that I completely disagree with you... but there are some people who have families and other obligations to consider. You, and others like you, act as if it some kind of sin to have a preference. I'm not saying its ok to whine about it... but there isn't anything wrong with inquiring about your chances of ending up close to home/civilization, etc. However, I do agree that it is kind of ridiculous to apply and plan to decline an offer if you don't get offered something in San Diego sector - as some people seem to do. But you can't exactly blame a guy with a wife and 3 kids, just because he doesn't want to move them to Ajo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcus Antonius View Post
                      Not that I completely disagree with you... but there are some people who have families and other obligations to consider. You, and others like you, act as if it some kind of sin to have a preference. I'm not saying its ok to whine about it... but there isn't anything wrong with inquiring about your chances of ending up close to home/civilization, etc. However, I do agree that it is kind of ridiculous to apply and plan to decline an offer if you don't get offered something in San Diego sector - as some people seem to do. But you can't exactly blame a guy with a wife and 3 kids, just because he doesn't want to move them to Ajo.
                      Did anyone read the disclaimer when they applied? It said you will be placed anywhere on the SWB. Anyone with a wife and kids not willing to accept Nogales or Ajo should not apply for this job. Border Patrol does not have to give you a job in a sector that is easy for you. You have to give yourself to Border Patrol, do your time prove yourself and then you can transfer to where you want.

That would be like signing up for the marines and telling them I'll only be stationed here or I'll quit. Ever heard of that ?
                      Last edited by Rinzler; 10-19-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

That would be like signing up for the marines and telling them I'll only be stationed here or I'll quit. Ever heard of that ?
                        Straw man. Ever heard of that?

This isn't the military.

Comment

Did anyone read the disclaimer when they applied? It said you will be placed anywhere on the SWB. Anyone with a wife and kids not willing to accept Nogales or Ajo should not apply for this job. Border Patrol does not have to give you a job in a sector that is easy for you. You have to give yourself to Border Patrol, do your time prove yourself and then you can transfer to where you want.

While I respect your enthusiasm for the Border Patrol's process, you've totally lost me here. You sir, are entitled to your opinion, but to say that anyone who applied for a specific state should be willing to accept any assignment along the 2,000 mile border, or pound sand is a bit much. Guys like me already in the federal system are just looking for a better place to work. With roughly four stations located withing commuting distance from where I live, I wouldn't think it would be unreasonable to hope for something close. If when I get the call from the Minneapolis Hiring Center, if they can not place me in a California station, then yes, the money the government spent on my hiring process will be wasted.

At the same time I know that in the past, rotations come around for short tours down to Ajo from the California stations. I am more than willing to be the new guy who is voluntold to go, that's fine. I also think that you're comparing apples and oranges with your Marine (its capitalized) example. The beautiful thing about the civil service is that you can quit at any time, not so easy for active duty military, two different animals.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSentinel View Post
                            With roughly four stations located withing commuting distance from where I live, I wouldn't think it would be unreasonable to hope for something close.
                            Only problem with your logic is that BP doesn't usually put people where they live.

Comment

• I know I will probably get shunned for this but Ive been "that guy" who was scanning through this forum reading all the information. I was holding back from joining until I received my NOR. I took my test 10/3/11 in Jacksonville, FL. Finally received my NOR today via email and I got a 85 without veterans points. Due to me only receiving an email thus far, which was brief simply stating I passed my written test for the Border Patrol Agent position for the South Texas region, so on and so forth. Anyways long story short I was just wondering what happens from here...Ive read through HonorFirst.com, read all the FAQs....just really wanting to hear from some people rather then read the generic answers websites put out...

Thanks in advance guys and sorry for beatin a dead horse....

Ruger

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSentinel View Post
                                While I respect your enthusiasm for the Border Patrol's process, you've totally lost me here. You sir, are entitled to your opinion, but to say that anyone who applied for a specific state should be willing to accept any assignment along the 2,000 mile border, or pound sand is a bit much. Guys like me already in the federal system are just looking for a better place to work. With roughly four stations located withing commuting distance from where I live, I wouldn't think it would be unreasonable to hope for something close. If when I get the call from the Minneapolis Hiring Center, if they can not place me in a California station, then yes, the money the government spent on my hiring process will be wasted.

At the same time I know that in the past, rotations come around for short tours down to Ajo from the California stations. I am more than willing to be the new guy who is voluntold to go, that's fine. I also think that you're comparing apples and oranges with your Marine (its capitalized) example. The beautiful thing about the civil service is that you can quit at any time, not so easy for active duty military, two different animals.
                                So let me get this straight, you're looking for a better place to work but not willing to make the sacrifice to have the better place to work because if the station isn't within driving distance of where you currently reside, then you consider it to not to be a better place to work ? Am I understanding you correctly ?

Also when you applied it stated that the position could be anywhere on the SWB and if you are willing to accept that. So essentially you lied because you are not willing to accept a position anywhere on the SWB. No ?

If you want to stay within driving distance, you would have better luck working for your local Police Department or Sheriffs.
                                Last edited by Rinzler; 10-20-2011, 04:26 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8651 users online. 237 members and 8414 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X