Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allistair, start looking for and trying to reserve an apartment now, accomodations in Laredo are hard to come by right now, it can take months to get an apartment, especcially if you wait until the end towards graduation.
    USMS Region 3
    Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
    Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
    Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
    BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
    Medical:2/15/10
    MedicalReview: 4/15/10
    FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
    Drug: 6/5/10
    Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
    Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
    Written: 12/27/10
    NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
    To:
    Medical:

Comment

• Class 997 was filled this week consisting of West TX and NM applicants.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbacksrock02 View Post
        Class 997 was filled this week consisting of West TX and NM applicants.
        Is class 997 full already? I have only seen a few people post about the call they received and most received it yesterday. Oh well, I'll continue to wait for my turn for a call. And are you also saying that the applicants who received calls this week listed their preference as West TX or NM? Just curious...

There seems to be quite a few people in CA geo preference waiting for a call like myself. Anyone else waiting for the CA EOD call?

Comment

• Thank you everyone. This is a opportunity of a lifetime and I can honestly say that there is no feeling like it. I admit, this process wasn't the smoothest, there were a few roadblocks (mainly medical) that I thought might DQ me but I got through them and made it to the end. And now it all finally settles in and I have start parting with my family and friends to start a new life across the country. This forum is a well of knowledge, don't take it for granted. So guys, like somebody who EOD'd a few months ago who wished me the best in the process, I do the same for you, good luck.

U.S. Border Patrol
          EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by pdegeus View Post
            Is class 997 full already? I have only seen a few people post about the call they received and most received it yesterday. Oh well, I'll continue to wait for my turn for a call. And are you also saying that the applicants who received calls this week listed their preference as West TX or NM? Just curious...

There seems to be quite a few people in CA geo preference waiting for a call like myself. Anyone else waiting for the CA EOD call?
            I don't know if it is full, I imagine it probably is by now. Calls for class 997 have been going out since October 7th.

Yes, all applicants who received the call had the WTX/NM geo preference.

Comment

• I wonder when they're going to do another CA class? Hopefully it will be after the holidays while I still have tenure at my current gig. I noticed Honor First isn't listing the academy dates.
              Last edited by TheSentinel; 10-16-2011, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSentinel View Post
                I wonder when they're going to do another CA class? Hopefully it will be after the holidays while I still have tenure at my current gig.
                What's a CA class? Every class is a mix from different sectors. Two classes with trainees for San Diego just graduated and start Monday at sector for orientation. There are several classes in ART right now with trainees for CA, if they graduate...

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                  What's a CA class? Every class is a mix from different sectors. Two classes with trainees for San Diego just graduated and start Monday at sector for orientation. There are several classes in ART right now with trainees for CA, if they graduate...
                  Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

• from this list what would be a good place to be with the family?

Duty Locations on the Northern Border
                    - Blaine Sector -Western Washington and Oregon - Many vacancies
                    - Spokane Sector - Eastern Washington; Idaho, other than the southeastern corner of Idaho; and northwest Montana - Many vacancies
                    - Havre Sector - Montana, other than northwestern Montana; southeastern Idaho - Many vacancies
                    - Grand Forks Sector - North Dakota and Minnesota - Many vacancies
                    - Detroit Sector - Michigan - Many vacancies
                    - Buffalo Sector -Western New York and Pennsylvania - Many vacancies
                    - Swanton Sector - Eastern New York and Vermont - Few vacancies
                    - Houlton Sector - Maine - Few vacancies

Comment

• Originally posted by cloudbuster View Post
                      from this list what would be a good place to be with the family?

- Spokane Sector - Eastern Washington; Idaho, other than the southeastern corner of Idaho; and northwest Montana - Many vacancies
                      - Havre Sector - Montana, other than northwestern Montana; southeastern Idaho - Many vacancies
                      Doesn't matter, you can't apply for any of those. But there are plenty of positions between Brownsville, TX and San Diego, CA.

Comment

• Originally posted by cloudbuster View Post
                        from this list what would be a good place to be with the family?

Any of those would be great after you put in your time in the SW. Sorry but no more NBI type program.

Edit: treed sorry Madchicken.

Comment

• Hey guys, first of all Congrats to those who have received the "call" good luck and be safe. I have a couple of questions maybe someone can help me. When you get the call they offer you several locations correct? Do they give you time to choose Wich location you would prefer? Or is an answer expected as they are on the phone with you? Also can you give me a walk through for the process following the call please. The call,pf2,pre-academy,flect? Thank you for any insight you can give me with this, I'm waiting for the call now I applied SW border preference is California but I'm really doubting I will get it offered to me so I'm trying to figure out where I want to go as a plan B. I have no kids and I'm divorced so it's just me and my dog lol

Comment

• Originally posted by a2002slp View Post
                            Hey guys, first of all Congrats to those who have received the "call" good luck and be safe. I have a couple of questions maybe someone can help me. When you get the call they offer you several locations correct? Do they give you time to choose Wich location you would prefer? Or is an answer expected as they are on the phone with you? Also can you give me a walk through for the process following the call please. The call,pf2,pre-academy,flect? Thank you for any insight you can give me with this, I'm waiting for the call now I applied SW border preference is California but I'm really doubting I will get it offered to me so I'm trying to figure out where I want to go as a plan B. I have no kids and I'm divorced so it's just me and my dog lol

It's usually an offer for one station. Take it or leave it. To get an offer for 2 is lucky. It happens though. They give you 24 hours to respond to the offer. You recieve the call, do your pft2, if you pass you report to your station/sector on your EOD date, go to El Paso for orientation, then to FLETC.

Do you live in California currently ? Most people with CA preference only get a CA station if they live in CA if they are lucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rinzler View Post
                              It's usually an offer for one station. Take it or leave it. To get an offer for 2 is lucky. It happens though. They give you 24 hours to respond to the offer. You recieve the call, do your pft2, if you pass you report to your station/sector on your EOD date, go to El Paso for orientation, then to FLETC.

Do you live in California currently ? Most people with CA preference only get a CA station if they live in CA if they are lucky.
                              Thank you for the quick response, I'll deff take what they give me beggers can't be Choosers, I do currently live in southern California I also own a home here but I'm willing to leave it to my ex wife if Im not able to get stationed here in Cali. Another random question do you know what your heart rate is supposed to be in order for them to let you do the pf2? I know it can't be too high, I'm not worried really it's just that I've always been a bit high strung very energetic. Also where is the pf2 taken?

Comment

• Just meet with my BI. Hopefully, all goes well!
                                NOR (09/14/10): 90 (No VP)
                                TSL1 (10/04/10)
                                OB (12/03/10)
                                MED/1 ST PFT (03/21/11)
                                DRUG TEST (04/08/11)
                                TSL2/E-QIP (07/19/11)
                                MEET BI (10/18/11)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14330 users online. 458 members and 13872 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X