300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Melson View Post
    I just signed up for the written and noticed under this link they said there were many vacancies in the northern sector?

It was last updated 8/12/11 but it only gave me the first four for geographic preference along the Southwest Border, not those along the Northern Border?

Gov't just didn't update the website or what?

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...ence-on-border
    NB hiring is pretty much over. I think the certificate is still active (if it didn't expire yet) but no one has been hired off it in quite some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPat View Post
      It is slow pretty much everywhere now. Even though those videos you posted are from when we were a lot busier, I still think that they give people a better idea of what the job can be like than something like "Border Wars".
      And I thought it was the opposite seeing that the cartels are running more rampant throughout Mexico and people fleeing towards the border. Well I admit, I did kind of buy in to that "Border Wars" hype a little. Good show nonetheless.

U.S. Border Patrol
      EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• Thanks for uploading these videos. Somebody should add the song All Nightmare Long by Metallica to the soundtrack.
        Pretty cool though. I enjoyed them.

Comment

• Hello everyone,
          Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes for them to contact you for PFT2 after your background is completed? one week? one month? I am trying to get an estimate on the time frame on things, and I know every individual is different on a case by case scenario.

Comment

• I haven't heard of anyone receiving "the call" in a while....

Anyone??
            BPA
            BPA test date: 8/21/10
            TSU: 2/6/12
            EOD: ???

CBPO
            Got the call!
            PFT2: 3/23
            EOD: 4/9
            FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• waiting on fingerprint cards...

PFT1 complete! Next up is the drug screen, poly (maybe), BI and pft2. WoooWhoo. Had my panel back in march.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raymart View Post
                I haven't heard of anyone receiving "the call" in a while....

Anyone??
                One of my buds got his call for AZ a couple of months ago, he's a couple of weeks into the academy. He applied just before I did, but my BI was completed before his. My stuff is sitting in the security office.
                Last edited by TheSentinel; 10-13-2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raymart View Post
                  I haven't heard of anyone receiving "the call" in a while....

Anyone??
                  Try honorfirst. If not, then it may just be that time of year when the process comes to a screeching halt for a few months.
                  BPA
                  Written Exam: 8/24/10
                  TO: 8/15/10
                  Interview: 11/03/10
                  Medical: 03/11/11
                  BI meeting 05/11
                  PFT2 09/02/11
                  EOD 09/12/11

Comment

• Originally posted by bchang85 View Post
                    Try honorfirst. If not, then it may just be that time of year when the process comes to a screeching halt for a few months.
                    Might be due to holidays coming up also

Comment

• Just passed my PFT2 today. Looks like I just won myself a one way ticket, with full accommodations to beautiful and sun-drenched Artesia.

U.S. Border Patrol
                      EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by Allistar View Post
                        Just passed my PFT2 today. Looks like I just won myself a one way ticket, with full accommodations to beautiful and sun-drenched Artesia.
                        Congrats and good luck at FLETC!!!

Comment

• I took the test in September 2010, Had a few things closer to home that I was hoping would work out so I didn't pursue it even though I scored an ok passing grade. Unfortunately the things I hoped for have fallen through, Last friday I received a CBP email and figured it couldn't hurt to take the test again. When I put my information in, I realized that I had taken the test 364 days before, I was still within the one year mark! I was able to use my same test results. I've read a few posts about CBP bringing in classes every two weeks, can anyone offer any advice on the actual timeline of the whole application? If I read everything correctly I should receive a call to interview soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allistar View Post
                            Just passed my PFT2 today. Looks like I just won myself a one way ticket, with full accommodations to beautiful and sun-drenched Artesia.
                            Congrats!
                            BPA
                            Written Exam: 8/24/10
                            TO: 8/15/10
                            Interview: 11/03/10
                            Medical: 03/11/11
                            BI meeting 05/11
                            PFT2 09/02/11
                            EOD 09/12/11

Comment

• Originally posted by PHLNick View Post
                              I took the test in September 2010, Had a few things closer to home that I was hoping would work out so I didn't pursue it even though I scored an ok passing grade. Unfortunately the things I hoped for have fallen through, Last friday I received a CBP email and figured it couldn't hurt to take the test again. When I put my information in, I realized that I had taken the test 364 days before, I was still within the one year mark! I was able to use my same test results. I've read a few posts about CBP bringing in classes every two weeks, can anyone offer any advice on the actual timeline of the whole application? If I read everything correctly I should receive a call to interview soon.
                              Just to let you know your test score is good until CBP changes the test. People who have test back in 2007 I believe were able to apply using the old test score. The process goes like this.

TSL1
                              TSL2
                              Oral Board Interview
                              Medical/Physical Fitness
                              Background Interview
                              Drug Test
                              Possible Polygraph Test
                              TSU
                              The call to be hired
                              2nd Physical Fitness Test
                              EOD.

They do not go in the same order except for your TSL1 starts the process and your EOD is your first day on duty. The polygraph is a wild card. It can happen before your background it. It can happen after TSU, the call, and your 2nd PFT. The process from TSL1 to EOD can be as short as 6 months and as long as 2-3 years. Average is 1 to 2 years.

Comment

• Congrats Allistar...Have fun at FLETC!
                                BPA
                                BPA test date: 8/21/10
                                TSU: 2/6/12
                                EOD: ???

CBPO
                                Got the call!
                                PFT2: 3/23
                                EOD: 4/9
                                FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10761 users online. 489 members and 10272 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X