300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TXCountySheriff View Post
    How do they deal with the moving situation? After the academy you go to your permenant duty station. What are the arrangements to move from you previous location?
    That's up to you. Its your dime, you decide.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXCountySheriff View Post
      How do they deal with the moving situation? After the academy you go to your permenant duty station. What are the arrangements to move from you previous location?
      It's up to you, My recommendation is, as soon as you know where you are going to work
      A - get into the classifieds and start looking around the city that you're gonna work at, make some calls or,
      B - after you're out of the academy, live out of a hotel room for some weeks and start looking at places

I plan to do it like option A says, if/when I get the call
      BPA:
      Written Test: Passed (97%)
      Reactivated Feb 09
      Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
      Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
      Medical Exam: Completed
      Drug Test: Completed
      Fitness: Completed
      Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
      Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
      Written Test: Passed (80% )
      Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
      Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• 6. The Northern Border. In 2008 there was an announcement for people to initially be stationed on the northern border. If you did not apply under this specific announcement, you will not be offered a Station on the northern border. If you did, you’ll work for a time on the southern border (I can’t remember how long.) then you’ll move to your permanent station. Transfers are complicated and not a sure thing. Just because you put in for one, doesn’t mean you’ll get one, if they even remain available in the future. Plan on spending a long, long time at the Station that you get offered, like your whole career long time, everybody with me on this? Will there be more Northern Border Announcements in the future? Your guess is as good as mine.
        I applied for the Northern Border at GL-7. I was told that, obviously you go to Artesia for the Academy first, then you are put at a station on the southern border for 15 months of OJT before you are transferred to your permanent duty station.

BPA Status:

Pre-employment forms - completed
        Medical - completed
        Security - In Security Office
        Qualifications - completed
        Oral Board - completed
        Drug Screen - completed
        Fitness Test - completed

Comment

• [QUOTE=MNCop2b;1487108]I applied for the Northern Border at GL-7. I was told that, obviously you go to Artesia for the Academy first, then you are put at a station on the southern border for 15 months of OJT before you are transferred to your permanent duty station.

It's 15 months total, including Artesia. I'm a hybrid (Northern Border) and they are sending us to RGV sector for ten months before we go to our regular station.
          USSCP
          Faxed App 7/28/10
          Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
          Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• I applied for the Northern Border at GL-7. I was told that, obviously you go to Artesia for the Academy first, then you are put at a station on the southern border for 15 months of OJT before you are transferred to your permanent duty station.

It's 15 months total, including Artesia. I'm a hybrid (Northern Border) and they are sending us to RGV sector for ten months before we go to our regular station.
            Thanks for the clarification. The fiance will be glad to hear it's a bit shorter.

Comment

• How hard is it to learn spanish at the BPA academy? Are a lot of trainees dismissed because of failure to learn spanish? Do you have to pick it up fast or do they teach you slow?

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                How hard is it to learn spanish at the BPA academy? Are a lot of trainees dismissed because of failure to learn spanish? Do you have to pick it up fast or do they teach you slow?
                You are going to want to learn Spanish on your own after graduating. The new and improved Spanish program has failed a total of one person so far...

Comment

• Thnks madchiken, so Im guessing its not too difficult

Comment

• I'm in the spanish program at the academy and it moves at a decent pace. I'm one of the worst students in class, as far as picking it up, and I'm getting by. I had no formal training in spanish before coming here so it is a struggle for me as far as saying the words properly. Most people in my class have a background in spanish from their home life or school so it sucks being one of the few who always feel lost. When I leave here I will not really know spanish but I will know BP spanish to function as a BPA (t) as far as making arrests, car stops, and basic questioning of aliens to fill out the forms. I plan on doing a lot more studying on my own after the academy to feel more confident in doing the job. If you study here you will likely pass the course but you still will need to study more on your own to be succesful in the job. Its just like PT and firearms training here. They give you the basics and it is up to you to continue to practice your trade. Bueno Suerte

Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                    How hard is it to learn spanish at the BPA academy? Are a lot of trainees dismissed because of failure to learn spanish? Do you have to pick it up fast or do they teach you slow?

Comment

• Do federal LE empoyees have to pay into their retirement, i.e. 7%, or 8% of pay deducted for pension like local police?

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                        Do federal LE empoyees have to pay into their retirement, i.e. 7%, or 8% of pay deducted for pension like local police?
                        http://fehb.opm.gov/retire/pre/fers/index.asp

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                          I'm in the spanish program at the academy and it moves at a decent pace. I'm one of the worst students in class, as far as picking it up, and I'm getting by. I had no formal training in spanish before coming here so it is a struggle for me as far as saying the words properly. Most people in my class have a background in spanish from their home life or school so it sucks being one of the few who always feel lost. When I leave here I will not really know spanish but I will know BP spanish to function as a BPA (t) as far as making arrests, car stops, and basic questioning of aliens to fill out the forms. I plan on doing a lot more studying on my own after the academy to feel more confident in doing the job. If you study here you will likely pass the course but you still will need to study more on your own to be succesful in the job. Its just like PT and firearms training here. They give you the basics and it is up to you to continue to practice your trade. Bueno Suerte
                          Someone decided that Luck (Suerte) was a Lady therefore it's
                          BuenA Suerte
                          But you're getting there
                          Good luck to you in that class sir
                          BPA:
                          Written Test: Passed (97%)
                          Reactivated Feb 09
                          Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                          Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                          Medical Exam: Completed
                          Drug Test: Completed
                          Fitness: Completed
                          Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                          Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                          Written Test: Passed (80% )
                          Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                          Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• i sure that some where on this thread there might be an answer to this but i was not able to find it. the BPA position does anyone know if it is a 0083 or if it is 1811. the position if BP "Agent", this is why i was wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by steel113 View Post
                              i sure that some where on this thread there might be an answer to this but i was not able to find it. the BPA position does anyone know if it is a 0083 or if it is 1811. the position if BP "Agent", this is why i was wondering.

Neither. "1896" is your magic number for BPA.

Comment

• Originally posted by quannj View Post
                                So i'm updating my netflix and i run into this move called LINEWATCH...anyone seen it??

A border patrol officer is forced to leave his post in New Mexico and revisit his murky past as a Los Angeles gangbanger when his nephew makes an enemy out of his former gang leader. Cuba Gooding Jr. and Evan Ross (son of legendary songstress Diana Ross) co-star in this gritty action-thriller that was filmed on location on the Mexico border and takes its inspiration straight from the headlines

I picked this up at the Artesia WalMart over the weekend and we finally got a chance to watch it last night. I don't think it is as bad as everyone says it is, its got that straight to DVD "cult" feel to it. Borrow it off someone who was dumb enough to buy it (like me).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14092 users online. 438 members and 13654 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X