Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is anyone else having problems (besides me of course) trying to get a hold of IA?!?! Reason why is b/c a couple of pages back I asked about trying to contact them and I did but for the life of me I can't get a response out of these people even when I spoke clearly and said my information extremely slllllllloooooow. I left 3 or 4 messages thus far. Should I keep at it until they can't stand me calling anymore or what? This is really frustrating b/c my case has been in the security office for God knows how long.

    Comment


    • I just skim thru practice book. The artificial language looks confusing

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JT85 View Post
        Is anyone else having problems (besides me of course) trying to get a hold of IA?!?! Reason why is b/c a couple of pages back I asked about trying to contact them and I did but for the life of me I can't get a response out of these people even when I spoke clearly and said my information extremely slllllllloooooow. I left 3 or 4 messages thus far. Should I keep at it until they can't stand me calling anymore or what? This is really frustrating b/c my case has been in the security office for God knows how long.
        I called them last friday and received a call back in 2 hours. Gave them my name, spelled my last name, phone number slowly and social. Then repeated the phone number. It's always worked for me.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rinzler View Post
          I called them last friday and received a call back in 2 hours. Gave them my name, spelled my last name, phone number slowly and social. Then repeated the phone number. It's always worked for me.
          Damn. I don't know what the deal is then??? I guess I will keep trying then. What did IA say to you when you called?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JT85 View Post
            Is anyone else having problems (besides me of course) trying to get a hold of IA?!?! Reason why is b/c a couple of pages back I asked about trying to contact them and I did but for the life of me I can't get a response out of these people even when I spoke clearly and said my information extremely slllllllloooooow. I left 3 or 4 messages thus far. Should I keep at it until they can't stand me calling anymore or what? This is really frustrating b/c my case has been in the security office for God knows how long.
            That is weird... they always called me back within 15 to 45 minutes.
            Try calling them on Monday before noon and leave a message in this order
            Your Name, phone number , Social Security number, applicant ID number, why you called "checking/update your background status, etc." and again your name and phone number. Repeat everything twice and even slower.
            Good luck!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rinzler View Post
              I called them last friday and received a call back in 2 hours. Gave them my name, spelled my last name, phone number slowly and social. Then repeated the phone number. It's always worked for me.
              It must have been changed recently, they were only open Monday through Thursday 8AM to 4PM...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jjok View Post
                It must have been changed recently, they were only open Monday through Thursday 8AM to 4PM...
                I've been able to get ahold of them on fridays for the past couple of months now. I've found Fridays work best for me. Always get a call back quickly.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JT85 View Post
                  Damn. I don't know what the deal is then??? I guess I will keep trying then. What did IA say to you when you called?
                  Are you sure you're calling the right number ?

                  Comment


                  • Ive had the same problem with IA. They dont ever answer or call back.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by StarCecil View Post
                      Just got my BPA NOR. 92 W/O Veterans Pts. The strange thing is i got my NOR 8 days after taking the BPA exam. Speedy.

                      Felt alot better than my 81 on CBPO test.

                      I ended up feeling like i could speak fluent ALT Lang about 15 minutes into that test. lol.

                      Hoping for a T.O. Soon!
                      No kidding. The first few minutes actually had me sweating trying to cram a fake language and its syntax into my brain really quick. Somewhere around the 40th or 50th minute, something clicked and I was writing complete sentences in it. Total immersion, I guess, will do that to you, even if it's short term.

                      Of course, 10 minutes afterwards, all mental remnants of the fake language were gone.

                      Normally I do pretty well at tests, and I did here as well. I must say, though, that I thought the ALT was pretty brutal, as far as tests go. I've never had a test cause me to sweat, not even the SAT back in the day. However, once you get into the groove of the ALT, it just flows, so don't be discouraged. The study guides they send you are pretty useful to get the idea of what you're up against. Use these to devise a kind of quick learning strategy that will allow you to use the new rules and grammar they provide.
                      CBPO

                      Test: 7/2011
                      TO: 8/29/2011
                      NOR: 8/30/2011
                      VBT/SI: 9/27/2011
                      PFT1: 9/28/2011

                      BPA

                      Test: 8/2011
                      TO: 9/28/2011

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Zilch1979 View Post
                        No kidding. The first few minutes actually had me sweating trying to cram a fake language and its syntax into my brain really quick. Somewhere around the 40th or 50th minute, something clicked and I was writing complete sentences in it. Total immersion, I guess, will do that to you, even if it's short term.

                        Of course, 10 minutes afterwards, all mental remnants of the fake language were gone.

                        Normally I do pretty well at tests, and I did here as well. I must say, though, that I thought the ALT was pretty brutal, as far as tests go. I've never had a test cause me to sweat, not even the SAT back in the day. However, once you get into the groove of the ALT, it just flows, so don't be discouraged. The study guides they send you are pretty useful to get the idea of what you're up against. Use these to devise a kind of quick learning strategy that will allow you to use the new rules and grammar they provide.

                        hey bro you must've gotten something in the 90's right since you gotten a TO within a month ? congrats. i passed but not high enough, i definitely know my problem was the ALT, kept on sticking it to section by section instead of pushing on all the ones i knew.
                        BPA( California)

                        NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BadMan1775 View Post
                          Ive had the same problem with IA. They dont ever answer or call back.
                          Not sure if you know but do you know that IA calls you back from an Unknown or Blocked number ?

                          Comment


                          • Has anyone ever had a green check in CASS for their drug test, but then had it removed? Mine went back to pending this morning.

                            Comment


                            • Question dealing with nothing on here already

                              Hi, I wanted to know if anyone had heard about CBP and Border patrol giving out interviews in Detroit yesterday and again next month? I'm just curious because how can they give on the spot interviews to people who come in off the street when there are people like all of us on this forum who have been waiting for months (10 months for me) to do our next step's in 1 or both processes. I still have not even gotten my TO yet, but some random person gets an interview right off the street? Granted I don't know what these are really for? If anyone knows or has heard of this please respond. Thanks

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by koolaid_002 View Post
                                Hi, I wanted to know if anyone had heard about CBP and Border patrol giving out interviews in Detroit yesterday and again next month? I'm just curious because how can they give on the spot interviews to people who come in off the street when there are people like all of us on this forum who have been waiting for months (10 months for me) to do our next step's in 1 or both processes. I still have not even gotten my TO yet, but some random person gets an interview right off the street? Granted I don't know what these are really for? If anyone knows or has heard of this please respond. Thanks
                                Never heard of on the spot interviews. How did you hear about this ? I wouldn't take it as credible. Maybe they were looking for secretaries or admin assistants for headquarters or something else.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5992 users online. 324 members and 5668 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X