Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
    Yes you are the bigger man, or at least you have the bigger head. Before you start talking a bunch of stuff, try getting hired first, or stay at your current agency, where you are doing huge investigative reports bigger than any that the Border Patrol does
    You might want to concentrate on graduating and receiving your badge, gun and creds before you start going off on other applicants like yourself on a public forum. Don't come off like getting hired is some badge of honor, I know plenty of Agents who should never have been hired. Just because the process is long does not make it an exclusive club. Etiendo?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by FedAgent1896 View Post
      You might want to concentrate on graduating and receiving your badge, gun and creds before you start going off on other applicants like yourself on a public forum. Don't come off like getting hired is some badge of honor, I know plenty of Agents who should never have been hired. Just because the process is long does not make it an exclusive club. Etiendo?
      He hasn’t shown his face around here since the 22nd. I think he got the point; although I’m sure FTU will be hell for him if he still has that attitude.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DeltaFox2 View Post
        Dude, just let it go. I’ve watched you for months on this site and on HF. You already have a reputation at the AZ station where you are headed as a know-it-all jerk. You need to stop talking down on everybody you meet on this forum and just try to get along with them......
        That just goes to show you that we're not as anonymous as we think we are.


        U.S. Border Patrol
        EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX



        Comment


        • QUESTION!!!

          SO i have my interview coming up in Indianapolis and im pretty excited. My question is, can a border patrol agent be considered as a lateral transfer to a police department? And i know, if i read the 250+ pages on this thread ill probably find the answer. And no, I dont want to become an agent just to transfer to a department, i find it to be an exciting career.
          Vaya con dios

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ibarrae7 View Post
            QUESTION!!!

            SO i have my interview coming up in Indianapolis and im pretty excited. My question is, can a border patrol agent be considered as a lateral transfer to a police department? And i know, if i read the 250+ pages on this thread ill probably find the answer. And no, I dont want to become an agent just to transfer to a department, i find it to be an exciting career.
            hello ibarrae7,

            answer to your question nice and direct: no. Reason why because border patrol is totally different in missions and work compared to a PD. so if you did want to become a lapd or a nypd after border patrol you would have to apply. same goes with other federal agencies. i think that sounds pretty right, maybe the other guys will chime in if needed

            best of luck and keep your mind calm on that interview!

            D
            BPA( California)

            NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

            Comment


            • I am going to take the test next month.. Any advice? I will appreciate it..
              Last edited by netsfan549; 09-26-2011, 09:50 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by netsfan549 View Post
                I am going to take the test next month.. Any advice? I will appreciate it..
                hey,

                i would say look through this bpa forum, i gave exact things on timing and # of questions on test and also some books you can use.
                BPA( California)

                NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

                Comment


                • Originally posted by netsfan549 View Post
                  I am going to take the test next month.. Any advice? I will appreciate it..
                  Study the study guide you're given until you can't miss a single question. That's about all you can do.

                  Comment


                  • I have been trying to get a hold of IA since last Wednesday. I left 2 messages so far stating my name and number and so on and so forth and the automated machine said that someone will be in touch with me with in 2 business days. Well its been longer than that so I was wondering if there is another number that I can call so that I can speak to someone directly about any status updates with my background investigation? Thank you!

                    The number I called was (202) 344-2600.
                    Last edited by JT85; 09-26-2011, 10:26 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ibarrae7 View Post
                      QUESTION!!!

                      SO i have my interview coming up in Indianapolis and im pretty excited. My question is, can a border patrol agent be considered as a lateral transfer to a police department? And i know, if i read the 250+ pages on this thread ill probably find the answer. And no, I dont want to become an agent just to transfer to a department, i find it to be an exciting career.
                      It is going to depend on the state, but in most if not all states the answer will be no. While experience as a BPA will be a positive on your resume, expect to go to a full academy if you jump ship to another agency, even if it is another Federal agency. The only job that I know of that you can "lateral" to and avoid an academy is a DO or IEA position with ICE.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by netsfan549 View Post
                        I am going to take the test next month.. Any advice? I will appreciate it..
                        Study that booklet that they send you, and if you still feel confuse and not sure what to do. I will suggest go down to the bookstore and get one of those books that have many practice questionnaires in them and just keep taking those practice test.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JT85 View Post
                          I have been trying to get a hold of IA since last Wednesday. I left 2 messages so far stating my name and number and so on and so forth and the automated machine said that someone will be in touch with me with in 2 business days. Well its been longer than that so I was wondering if there is another number that I can call so that I can speak to someone directly about any status updates with my background investigation? Thank you!

                          The number I called was (202) 344-2600.
                          Speak slowly and clearly. Spell out your last name and speak slowly and clearly when saying your phone number. It may also help to include your SS number.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rinzler View Post
                            Speak slowly and clearly. Spell out your last name and speak slowly and clearly when saying your phone number. It may also help to include your SS number.
                            Thank you for the tip. I'm a fast talker so i'll bring it down a couple of notches! Ha

                            Comment


                            • I am brand spanking new to this thread. I have been working on obtaining another fed leo position and it looks like I am about to get "The Call" within the next few weeks. HOWEVER, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of working with the BP...so I tested on this past September 14th. I thought that I failed it for certain, as I was completely unprepared and also ran out of time and needed to guess on a few questions. But yet I received this email for my NOR's today. Says that my results were a 102 w/ vet points. I dont get it...I mean...is there another set of NOR's that I might be getting this confused with. Like, maybe the raw score previous to the written test maybe...or something. I was just so certain that I failed it, I dont wanna get my hopes up in having passed it. It would be so sweet to change agencies and work with a bunch of guys the "get it."

                              If it is in actuallity a passing score, (still cant beleive it) do they send out TO's soon after, or what is the general guideline with this agency? I'm currently working on getting picked up by ICE and am likely to snagged up by Customs within a few weeks...but if the timeline is not that bad of a wait...I would MUCH rather wait for BP. I realize that all these noobies questions might become nausiating after a while, but if you folks could point me to at least a certain page number on this thread, that would even help. Thanks so much
                              CBPO
                              Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

                              Comment


                              • thanks, I wonder if I can change. The date of my test for next month after

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10035 users online. 343 members and 9692 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X