Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
    If your current agency is so great, stay there.

    If at some point you are hired by Border Patrol, don't think that your experience will mean much. You will still have to prove yourself. A lot of people I am in the academy with had experience including myself, and we still have to prove ourselves just like the guys right off the street. It was quite humbling for me to see guys who had never shot a firearm in their life before coming here score better than me at the range. It was quite humbling to learn that methods that my former agencies used for defensive tactics were considered out of line with the realities of being a BPA. If I hadn't adapted, I would never have been able to make it this far.
    Kansan thanks for the rant about my LE background not meaning jack. IDK what BOP did to YOU for you to feel that way. I didn't come here and down talk anyones agency or their experience, so I'd like the same in return. I'm gonna be the bigger man here and wish you nothing but sucess at the BP academy and hope all goes well. Keep up the hard work and remember we all wear a badge and are on the same side.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Marcus Antonius View Post
      I don't think the guy was throwing attitude. For some reason Rinzler decided to use his 1st post on this forum to be the grammar police (I guess he thinks this is the HF forum). The guy was just saying that he has written some reports before and wasn't too worried about it. No need to berate him.
      Marcus....got where I was coming from.....

      Comment


      • We're all on the same side guys, except for a couple bad seeds. Well looks like I got the CALL (again) for Laredo North, EOD 10/24. Failed the PFT2 the first time due to blood pressure, all good now. Class 995. I linked an article from HF, good read about what happens when you stray away from the agency's core values.

        http://abcnews.go.com/US/corrupt-gua...ry?id=14519807


        U.S. Border Patrol
        EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX



        Comment


        • Originally posted by Allistar View Post
          We're all on the same side guys, except for a couple bad seeds. Well looks like I got the CALL (again) for Laredo North, EOD 10/24. Failed the PFT2 the first time due to blood pressure, all good now. Class 995. I linked an article from HF, good read about what happens when you stray away from the agency's core values.

          http://abcnews.go.com/US/corrupt-gua...ry?id=14519807
          Hi Allistar, you stated you failed the PFT2 due to blood pressure, so did they give u a second chance to take the test again? if so, how long did you have to wait for that chance? How long did they take to give you the call after you passed everything? sorry for multiple questions. Just trying to get an idea of the time frame of how things are...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by yohlin2001 View Post
            Hi Allistar, you stated you failed the PFT2 due to blood pressure, so did they give u a second chance to take the test again? if so, how long did you have to wait for that chance? How long did they take to give you the call after you passed everything? sorry for multiple questions. Just trying to get an idea of the time frame of how things are...
            I never took the actual physical, because I failed the bp reading prior to it. If you fail the physical portion, you are disqualified completely. I had to wait about a month for the next call.


            U.S. Border Patrol
            EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX



            Comment


            • Originally posted by yohlin2001 View Post
              Hi Allistar, you stated you failed the PFT2 due to blood pressure, so did they give u a second chance to take the test again? if so, how long did you have to wait for that chance? How long did they take to give you the call after you passed everything? sorry for multiple questions. Just trying to get an idea of the time frame of how things are...
              You don't take the test again. Your blood pressure is evaluated 3 separate times at random. Once you are medically cleared you'll perform the PFT2.
              Last edited by Rinzler; 09-23-2011, 01:53 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rinzler View Post
                You don't take the test again. Your blood pressure is evaluated 3 separate times at random.
                Really? Because the relevant page on CBP.gov doesn't say that.

                Here is the relevant information:
                http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/c...t2_faq_bpa.xml

                You are on your way to becoming the JB Thug of O.com

                Comment


                • Originally posted by htcguy1 View Post
                  Kansan thanks for the rant about my LE background not meaning jack. IDK what BOP did to YOU for you to feel that way. I didn't come here and down talk anyones agency or their experience, so I'd like the same in return. I'm gonna be the bigger man here and wish you nothing but sucess at the BP academy and hope all goes well. Keep up the hard work and remember we all wear a badge and are on the same side.
                  Yes you are the bigger man, or at least you have the bigger head. Before you start talking a bunch of stuff, try getting hired first, or stay at your current agency, where you are doing huge investigative reports bigger than any that the Border Patrol does
                  What is Perseverance?
                  -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                  -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                  -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


                  BOP - BPA - ICE

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                    Yes you are the bigger man, or at least you have the bigger head. Before you start talking a bunch of stuff, try getting hired first, or stay at your current agency, where you are doing huge investigative reports bigger than any that the Border Patrol does
                    Dude, just let it go. I’ve watched you for months on this site and on HF. You already have a reputation at the AZ station where you are headed as a know-it-all jerk. You need to stop talking down on everybody you meet on this forum and just try to get along with them. Just because you ARE hired doesn’t mean anything. The BP academy is nowhere close of what you are going to encounter at your station. No, BOP does not count towards ****. You really need an attitude change or your new career in AZ will be a living hell for you. And yes, I was a PA and now I work with the USMS. I know what I’m talking about.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DeltaFox2 View Post
                      Dude, just let it go. I’ve watched you for months on this site and on HF. You already have a reputation at the AZ station where you are headed as a know-it-all jerk. You need to stop talking down on everybody you meet on this forum and just try to get along with them. Just because you ARE hired doesn’t mean anything. The BP academy is nowhere close of what you are going to encounter at your station. No, BOP does not count towards ****. You really need an attitude change or your new career in AZ will be a living hell for you. And yes, I was a PA and now I work with the USMS. I know what I’m talking about.
                      Delta very well said. Kansan Your proving to be the inmature BPA trainee of the year! Still wont wish you bad. Take care

                      Comment


                      • The best advice I have for any trainee is to try to make yourself a sponge. Value your prior experience and knowledge, but put it aside while in training. Not only will it provide you with a better training experience, but it will help cut back on looking like a "know-it-all." Looking like a "know-it-all" is not a good first impression, trust me...I know. You'll have a long road to recovering your reputation.

                        When you are done with training feel free to incorporate your knowledge from your previous experiences.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Marcus Antonius View Post
                          Really? Because the relevant page on CBP.gov doesn't say that.

                          Here is the relevant information:
                          http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/c...t2_faq_bpa.xml

                          You are on your way to becoming the JB Thug of O.com
                          I left out the part that after you're medically cleared then you'll be able to take the PFT2.

                          Comment


                          • I'm on the background investigation right now, and since I was in the marine corps, it wants me to put each duty station as a separate job. So, I put bootcamp, security forces schooling and School of Infantry as separate jobs, but the problem is that I don't have my supervisor's information for SOI and bootcamp since I was only there 3 months and we all pretty much went to separate duty stations afterwards. So, I just put "Unknown" for the address and 0000000000 for the phone numbers (Since it has to be filled in) and left a comment on each page stating why I put unknown and 000000000 for the number. I'm just hoping that won't be a problem with the investigation. Even IF i did have the information, there's no way my supervisors would remember me.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by outlook7777 View Post
                              I'm on the background investigation right now, and since I was in the marine corps, it wants me to put each duty station as a separate job. So, I put bootcamp, security forces schooling and School of Infantry as separate jobs, but the problem is that I don't have my supervisor's information for SOI and bootcamp since I was only there 3 months and we all pretty much went to separate duty stations afterwards. So, I just put "Unknown" for the address and 0000000000 for the phone numbers (Since it has to be filled in) and left a comment on each page stating why I put unknown and 000000000 for the number. I'm just hoping that won't be a problem with the investigation. Even IF i did have the information, there's no way my supervisors would remember me.
                              I was in the service also, but I didn't have to put all that for background. I think they are making you do the in depth background package. I known that CHP and many local California LE ask for those kind of information from military folks. They will also ask about your neighbors while you served in the military. I was on a ship, and my neighbor was practically dolphins and sharks. Some times a lot of information is just too difficult to obtain. I hope your BI knows a little bit about how often military folks get transfer to different places. How long ago did you get out from the service? I can see if you just recently got out, then they might want you to do an in depth reference check.

                              Comment


                              • I was in the marines from 2002-2006, so it was a while ago. Thanks for the response.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11957 users online. 454 members and 11503 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X