300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by htcguy1 View Post
    Has anyone got an email from Personel stating "Acknowledgement of Occupational Questionnaire" for the BPA? I have not even got my NOR yet? any clues what this is?
    I got that email on Monday (yesterday) and got my NOR today (got a 96 w/o Vet points). I am also in the application process for CBPO so I thought maybe some of that info was copies to the BPA position, which is why I thought I might have received the "Acknowledge of Occupational Questionnaire" email. Don't know for sure at all though.

Comment

• Got my NOR today as well got a 92. Trying to figure out now what location I should change to. I am in for California if I'm not mistaken. Has a friend that works in San Diego and he swears its the best but high cost of living. Got an EOD for CBP thinking if maybe I should switch to the area of Texas I might go to for CBP. Hmmmmm.
      CBP: CBPO
      EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• when u receive that email do you have to go to a certain location to look for your test scores or do they call u? i got the email "acknowledgement of Occupational Questionnaire" but i have no idea if i should be waiting for a call or have to look up my information alse were. usatestmanager isnt saying my grade either.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
            Your buddies are idiots. Have they ever spent 15 hours doing a 1324 after their 10 hour shift is over? They are never the same. Copying and Pasting your interviews and narratives can get you in the hot seat with the U.S Attorneys office rendering you worthless as an Agent and unemployed. Not to mention possibly leading to your termination and incarceration if you are standing tall before the man and lie about it on the witness stand.

It is best not to post information when you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about.
            Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

• Okay, SHU....I didn't say anything about lying. I was implying that most encounters are the same. Yes I know lying is going to get u screwed. Your not the only one who has been held over 15 hours to write a report pal. Been there done that. I'm not here to play that game. Just stated that writting lengthy reports for BPAS is not.common as for local LE. just an observation from what I heard and seen. Didn't mean to get ya worked up.

Comment

Okay, SHU....I didn't say anything about lying. I was implying that most encounters are the same. Yes I know lying is going to get u screwed. Your not the only one who has been held over 15 hours to write a report pal. Been there done that. I'm not here to play that game. Just stated that writting lengthy reports for BPAS is not.common as for local LE. just an observation from what I heard and seen. Didn't mean to get ya worked up.
                And because your friend's, cousin's, sister's, boyfriend said so it must be true... don't worry about the actual PAs telling you its wrong. I've written quite a few 10-20 page reports for arrests. You also have to remember we're not arresting one or two at a time, when you catch 15, 20, 35 people at once that's a lot of one or two page reports.

And when we turn dope over to DEA, and I don't mean the easy dope with no bodies attached, I'm talking about 100+ pounds of cocaine or 40 pounds of meth that you got off a vehicle stop. You might only have an hour or two to write up some pretty detailed reports that will be going to court.

Comment

• Quick questions my BI was sent to OPM a while back and I was informed to check with them on my current status. When I called to request this info an answering machine picked up stating they need a letter containing: full name, DOB, SS#, mailing address, birthplace and handwritten signature. I've never wrote a letter pertaining to this type of request so can someone offer some input as to what the letter should contain? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Madchiken and Shu.....Guys I'll smash it. My fault I should of never made a comment about BPA's writting reports. Besides what do I care? Thanks for your input. Stay safe out there.

Comment

Madchiken and Shu.....Guys I'll smash it. My fault I should of never made a comment about BPA's writting reports. Besides what do I care? Thanks for your input. Stay safe out there.
                      You should care if this is the career of the future you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rinzler View Post
                        You should care if this is the career of the future you want.
                        I'll cross that bridge when I get there. If i ever get there I'll have over 5 years experience with my current agency. We write a report or two, now and then. thanks for the "heads up"

Comment

• any word about NOR of september 06, 2011 test ??? do any one know what is this email about it (Acknowledgement of Occupational Questionnaire).

Comment

I'll cross that bridge when I get there. If i ever get there I'll have over 5 years experience with my current agency. We write a report or two, now and then. thanks for the "heads up"
                            If your current agency is so great, stay there.

If at some point you are hired by Border Patrol, don't think that your experience will mean much. You will still have to prove yourself. A lot of people I am in the academy with had experience including myself, and we still have to prove ourselves just like the guys right off the street. It was quite humbling for me to see guys who had never shot a firearm in their life before coming here score better than me at the range. It was quite humbling to learn that methods that my former agencies used for defensive tactics were considered out of line with the realities of being a BPA. If I hadn't adapted, I would never have been able to make it this far.
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by saintpr25 View Post
                              any word about NOR of september 06, 2011 test ??? do any one know what is this email about it (Acknowledgement of Occupational Questionnaire).

i want to know that too.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                                If your current agency is so great, stay there.

If at some point you are hired by Border Patrol, don't think that your experience will mean much. You will still have to prove yourself. A lot of people I am in the academy with had experience including myself, and we still have to prove ourselves just like the guys right off the street. It was quite humbling for me to see guys who had never shot a firearm in their life before coming here score better than me at the range. It was quite humbling to learn that methods that my former agencies used for defensive tactics were considered out of line with the realities of being a BPA. If I hadn't adapted, I would never have been able to make it this far.
                                I don't think the guy was throwing attitude. For some reason Rinzler decided to use his 1st post on this forum to be the grammar police (I guess he thinks this is the HF forum). The guy was just saying that he has written some reports before and wasn't too worried about it. No need to berate him.
                                Last edited by Marcus Antonius; 09-22-2011, 12:28 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7124 users online. 197 members and 6927 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X