Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help, I had filled out my Info on E-QIP for Border Patrol and now I need to log into it for ICE, but I cant remember my golden questions (stupid me I know) does anyone know what I need to do to access it?
    BPA:
    Written Test: Passed (97%)
    Reactivated Feb 09
    Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
    Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
    Medical Exam: Completed
    Drug Test: Completed
    Fitness: Completed
    Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
    Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
    Written Test: Passed (80% )
    Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
    Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• re-application

I passed all the tests leading up to the BI. During the BI i admitted to using marijuana close to 3 years ago. In June i got a phone call stating that it would be in my best interest to withdraw my application because it would be rejected if it went any further. My question is how can i put my application back in for consideration of the job? Does anyone have any advice on what my next step should be?

Comment

• Originally posted by momnie48 View Post

Same things happened to me. I tested in August, completed my drug test, oral, med, and pft by mid September, and now every thing just slowed down. Last week , my case went to the security office, and the waiting game is the only thing I'm playing.

I think the process slowed down is because of my qualifications, and my date of availability. I applied for a 7 position based on my college gpa, and I am still in the middle of my last two classes. I don't graduate until Nov. 13, and I still need to send in my final Transcripts. Why rush it along when it is foreseeable that is will be held up anyways? Right?
        No. That isn't a "slow down." The BI takes longer than the PT, med and drug test. Your case just went to the security office. They didn't put your file in the bottom of the pile because they saw you are still in college. (Likely the security office doesn't even know this.)

However, you may not clear "qualifications" until you turn in your transcript.

Comment

• Ok I have a scenario. I passed my written exam on October 9th. Now I am scheduled for the Med/Phis test on November 17th. My baby is due at the end of march so my question is - Am I going to be through with the process and in training, assuming I pass everything, after the delivery or before?

I am also wondering what is the type of duty weapon that BPA's carry?
          Last edited by TXCountySheriff; 11-05-2008, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• If im not mistaken it's a .40
            and if everything goes by quickly sorry to tell you I think you'll be at the academy before your baby arrives
            I know it looks sad, but then again it is for his future that you are doing this, Best of luck in everything.
            BPA:
            Written Test: Passed (97%)
            Reactivated Feb 09
            Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
            Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
            Medical Exam: Completed
            Drug Test: Completed
            Fitness: Completed
            Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
            Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
            Written Test: Passed (80% )
            Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
            Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• thats something i was wondering as well. i have been at the range recently with a xd .40, my question is do they issue you a weapon, or do you have to carry your own weapon? i know some agencies require you carry your own. i wasn't sure about B P's. and if they do issue one, what brand do they issue?

Comment

• There is this website.. you may have heard of it.. HonorFirst.com. Its where all your questions have already been answered, all you have to do is look.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXCountySheriff View Post
                  Ok I have a scenario. I passed my written exam on October 9th. Now I am scheduled for the Med/Phis test on November 17th. My baby is due at the end of march so my question is - Am I going to be through with the process and in training, assuming I pass everything, after the delivery or before?

I am also wondering what is the type of duty weapon that BPA's carry?

as for the time frame i think it really depends, i just read today that they met the goal of 6,000 for the yr, i'm hoping that won't slow things down

i started the process in mid august(compress testing) and here we are in early november and my field BI has been completed..

my only problem is if i happen to make it i have to choose between BP and another great job ..

Comment

• Well this week has been pretty wacky with USBP.

I got a call on Monday from them telling me that my GL-7 qualification was not working out based on my education. The guy on the phone told me that because over 10% of my classes were pass/fail statue, and I could not qualify on that basis. This was not the case though, as I checked before sending in the pre-employment stuff that I was easily under the 10% mark. Well, they were looking at my Advanced Placement test that I took in high school. For the unaware, the AP test is a placement test that lets colleges place students in ranking for what level of writing or rhetoric studies they need to start at. I tested for the sophmore level, and got to skip the freshmen level for my university. The problem was that the university account for this by crediting me with 6 units of coursework. No grade or anything, just the units. The staffing unit told me they counted it as pass/fail. I had to disagree, as I did not take a class for it, only a test. I was pretty stumped and frustrated because they didn't seem to budge on it, but it turns out I was able to qualify a different way for the GL-7 pay. All taken care of, right? But wait, there's more!

I didn't know that the staffing unit cleared my quals until I called them today. To give a small update, I've been waiting on the quals to clear and to redo my fit test for my past injury. So I call the staffing unit today and was able to talk to the exact same guy that originally called me about my quals snafu. Not only did he tell me that they cleared me for GL-7 based on the new evidence I was able to provide him with, but I was referred to TSU yesterday. I told him that I thought I was waiting for a fit re-test. He seemed stumped, so I left a message for the medical and fitness unit to see what they say.

But uh, yea, I guess I'm in TSU....for now.
                    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                      Well this week has been pretty wacky with USBP.

I got a call on Monday from them telling me that my GL-7 qualification was not working out based on my education. The guy on the phone told me that because over 10% of my classes were pass/fail statue, and I could not qualify on that basis. This was not the case though, as I checked before sending in the pre-employment stuff that I was easily under the 10% mark. Well, they were looking at my Advanced Placement test that I took in high school. For the unaware, the AP test is a placement test that lets colleges place students in ranking for what level of writing or rhetoric studies they need to start at. I tested for the sophmore level, and got to skip the freshmen level for my university. The problem was that the university account for this by crediting me with 6 units of coursework. No grade or anything, just the units. The staffing unit told me they counted it as pass/fail. I had to disagree, as I did not take a class for it, only a test. I was pretty stumped and frustrated because they didn't seem to budge on it, but it turns out I was able to qualify a different way for the GL-7 pay. All taken care of, right? But wait, there's more!

I didn't know that the staffing unit cleared my quals until I called them today. To give a small update, I've been waiting on the quals to clear and to redo my fit test for my past injury. So I call the staffing unit today and was able to talk to the exact same guy that originally called me about my quals snafu. Not only did he tell me that they cleared me for GL-7 based on the new evidence I was able to provide him with, but I was referred to TSU yesterday. I told him that I thought I was waiting for a fit re-test. He seemed stumped, so I left a message for the medical and fitness unit to see what they say.

yea wacky, i'm thinking i should know something by thanksgiving

i was reading on HF about the northern border and realized it was open when i applied, i don't recall seeing it as an option but my question is

if i make it to TSU and get the call, say a souther & northern are open, you think they would mention the northern also based on the fact i'm from the north or just focus on the southern? if i had my way it would be buffalo sector

But uh, yea, I guess I'm in TSU....for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by quannj View Post
                        if i make it to TSU and get the call, say a souther & northern are open, you think they would mention the northern also based on the fact i'm from the north or just focus on the southern? if i had my way it would be buffalo sector
                        I believe they should only be really offering you the ports that are open that closely match up to your geo pref. So if you applied under a SW border location, they're gonna do their best to slot you around there. I highly doubt you will get a chance to go up north. To make that your preference you would have to apply under a new announcement that is looking for northern border locations (which there are none if I recall). So the short answer is no.

Also, while I'm sure you're from up north and would like to remain up there, I have read several BPAs opinions that going up north would be sort of cheating you out of learning how to do the job. I'm not knocking any BPAs that are up north, it just seems that to get the feel and the experience for the job, relocating to the SW border is your best bet. Maybe another BPA can chime in and correct me.
                        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• I Had my Field Inves. here in early Sept, I was wondering if anyone has any idea about how long it should take for the BI to be completed, and is there anyway to call, and check the status of it? Just wondering if anyone has been waiting long.
                          Border Patrol Agent:
                          Pre Employment Forms- completed 6/24/2008
                          Qualifications- completed4/2/2009
                          Medical Exam- completed 8/15/2008
                          Structured Interview- completed 8/6/2008
                          Drug Screening- Completed 4/9/2009
                          Background Investigation- completed 3/31/2009
                          Fitness- completed 8/15/2008
                          TSU-4/21/2009

Comment

• well based on what i've read on HF the avg is about 5-7 weeks from BI starting to TSU..i think any longer then that then they have ran into issues..

last i spoke to my BI was about 2-3 weeks ago and he was @ his time limit to hand in phase 1 (the field report)

phase 2 is the typing of the report to submit..they say that takes weeks(i dont believe that.I would think that a company that does this(Kroll for my BI) would have the writing down to a science so i say a 1-2 weeks on avg to submit to DHS

phase 3 would be DHS saying you cleared or you screwed (which i assume shouldn't take months either.But i've read stories).Maybe 1-2 weeks if lucky no backlog is present

Comment

• Thanks for the input. I was hearing a lot that the average time is about 6-8 months. But the recruiter Agent at my testing site told us that here lately they have been trying to get to their goal and people have been in the academy in 4 months. But it all depends on the process so I hope everything goes smoothly.

Comment

• Is there anyway to check on the status, by calling someone? I had some medical issues with some past surgery. Just got cleared. could that hamper it?
                                Last edited by movalqb; 11-06-2008, 09:40 PM.
                                Border Patrol Agent:
                                Pre Employment Forms- completed 6/24/2008
                                Qualifications- completed4/2/2009
                                Medical Exam- completed 8/15/2008
                                Structured Interview- completed 8/6/2008
                                Drug Screening- Completed 4/9/2009
                                Background Investigation- completed 3/31/2009
                                Fitness- completed 8/15/2008
                                TSU-4/21/2009

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9708 users online. 366 members and 9342 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X