300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JT85 View Post
    I have all of my check marks checked off except for my BI. I just checked my CASS and it said that my "case is in the security office". It's been like that for quite some time now. I was wondering how much longer until I meet up with my Background Investigator and is anyone else at this stage in the process? The last thing I did was take my drug screening (which was about a month ago).
    I'm in the same boat also, instead of BI (which is cleared), it's the drug test i'm waiting on to clear. Took it about a month ago. So hopefully we should be hearing/seeing something soon, like the last/final green check mark, so we can get moving into TSU/EOD/pft2 stage. Good luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalpdcadet View Post
      I'm also done with everything EXCEPT the BI and I have yet to be contacted by an investigator. I'm thinking there are probably just a lot of applicants in So Cal. IA lady told me that my case was handed over to an investigator after my poly cleared on 08/23/11 and that they have 30-45 days to turn it back in.
      Well at least i'm not the only one. Do they do random polygraph's or does everyone take a polygraph now? How did your polygraph go for ya?

Comment

Well at least i'm not the only one. Do they do random polygraph's or does everyone take a polygraph now? How did your polygraph go for ya?
        I've heard different things from different people. My examiner told me I got chosen for one because they "liked" my file and that if I passed my background process would go by faster. I passed it with no problems, it was the third poly I've ever taken, the first two I had with LAPD and it was a lot longer and a lot more thorough then the LAPD poly.
        BPA
        Written (87) 11/29/10
        NOR 12/3/10
        TSL1 07/26/11
        Poly 08/15/11
        PT 08/22/11
        Drug Test 09/02/11
        OB 09/13/11
        BI meeting 10/10/11
        TSU 06/29/12

CBPO
        Written (79) 12/07/10
        NOR 02/01/11 (LAX/LB)
        NOR 04/28/11 (CA SWB)
        TSL1 06/14/11
        Poly 08/15/11
        Medical and PT 08/22/11
        VBT/SI 08/26/11
        Drug Test 09/02/11
        BI meeting 10/10/11
        TSU 06/21/12
        EOD 08/13/12
        FLETC 09/12/12-01/25/13

Comment

• i took my drug sceen about a 3 weeks ago and still havent been assign to an investigator either. when did u test? i tested oct 28?

Originally posted by JT85 View Post
          I have all of my check marks checked off except for my BI. I just checked my CASS and it said that my "case is in the security office". It's been like that for quite some time now. I was wondering how much longer until I meet up with my Background Investigator and is anyone else at this stage in the process? The last thing I did was take my drug screening (which was about a month ago).

Comment

• Originally posted by endless_jdm_08 View Post
            i took my drug sceen about a 3 weeks ago and still havent been assign to an investigator either. when did u test? i tested oct 28?
            No way. I tested a week before you did. That's too funny. Waiting patiently and i am really tempted to call IA just to see where I stand as of right now. Hope it goes well for both me and you. So far this process has been very stressful. I'm in the Secret Service hiring process as well so that's just adding even more to my stress levels as is.

Comment

I've heard different things from different people. My examiner told me I got chosen for one because they "liked" my file and that if I passed my background process would go by faster. I passed it with no problems, it was the third poly I've ever taken, the first two I had with LAPD and it was a lot longer and a lot more thorough then the LAPD poly.
              Oh wow. Well at least you did well. My first poly was with the Secret Service. It was a very traumatic experience for me but I learned a lot from it though.

Comment

Oh wow. Well at least you did well. My first poly was with the Secret Service. It was a very traumatic experience for me but I learned a lot from it though.
                I'm sure the CBP poly will be similar then. My examiner was a CBP SA, luckily he didn't give me a hard time like I've heard some other examiners do.
                BPA
                Written (87) 11/29/10
                NOR 12/3/10
                TSL1 07/26/11
                Poly 08/15/11
                PT 08/22/11
                Drug Test 09/02/11
                OB 09/13/11
                BI meeting 10/10/11
                TSU 06/29/12

CBPO
                Written (79) 12/07/10
                NOR 02/01/11 (LAX/LB)
                NOR 04/28/11 (CA SWB)
                TSL1 06/14/11
                Poly 08/15/11
                Medical and PT 08/22/11
                VBT/SI 08/26/11
                Drug Test 09/02/11
                BI meeting 10/10/11
                TSU 06/21/12
                EOD 08/13/12
                FLETC 09/12/12-01/25/13

Comment

I'm sure the CBP poly will be similar then. My examiner was a CBP SA, luckily he didn't give me a hard time like I've heard some other examiners do.
                  Yeah they try to give you a hard time just to **** with you. Its all mind games with them.

Comment

• Hi yall,

I have my written test next month. I am studying the manual pretty intensely, but it seems a bit different then I thought it would be. Specially since I need to learn another language. My Spanish is pretty weak as of now.

Any pointers on any of this, since I see most people on here have done and passed the written already.

Also, do they actually give a Polly-graph test? I did not think they did.

Thank u. . . . . .

Comment

• hello mike,

as far as the Artificial Language goes, it is all practice of manipulating the various words and conjugations. if you are really having trouble and needing more practice, i would say that you should go to the library and pick up some border patrol books like "Learning Express border patrol exam artificial language test prep" which has like 5 artificial language practice tests which should be more than enough or even or even "barron's mastering the border patrol exam" . one tip i can give you is watch your time and keep a steady pace, i actually lost my pace during the ALT so i know it must have been one of my weakest sections but have to wait on the score.

but yea in closing, if you need more practice on the artificial language and manipulating the rules and verb forms and words, i would say get some practice by borrowing some books in the library. if you scroll up above on this thread i gave info that the ALT section is an hour and 45 mins long and 40 questions. it is a lot of time, but you need to keep your pace steady.

best of luck and hope to see us all in green

PS : as far as the polygraph, i heard that it quite random right now. i am unsure if they will make it mandatory for all upcoming agents or not

D
                      BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• Cool, thanks a lot for the info.

How about the actual take on process. How long will it take if I pass?

I am planning to contribute a minimum of three hours per day to the artificial language exam. (Sure do wish I was Spanish fluent). So, I believe I should be okay.

I am really hoping for the best with this, since I wanted to do this for quite a while. But, they were never hiring on since I have been jobless.

Comment

• hi mike,

i would honestly say that depends. i mean we are going to be working for the government(if and when we do get hired). so the government lovesss to make people wait. i would say honestly as an estimate( and i can be wrong) around 2-3 yrs. rare cases were around in the past to be hired in a year but i am just estimating. you can also check out the delphi forums on border patrol and see whats the timelines for other people so you can get a little idea.

my situation was i was great in spanish from junior high school to high school, but once college came i never reinforced learning spanish which has made me forgot a lot but i remember bits and pieces. Try not to spend too much time on one section, distribute time evenly if you can.

Just work hard and leave the rest to what you learned, at end of day if you did bad you can retake, and if you did ok and great well we all play the waiting game then.

i am worried about my score too(comes around next month) but i got no control, did all i can on the test,just can hope and see if i did well or decent.

never give up man,just work hard
                          D
                          BPA( California)

Comment

• Really? Years?

Comment

• hi mike,

yes unfortunately years, there are many applicants to go through,many scores,many background checks. We need to think realistic now , especially since times are bad who wouldn't want to work with the government? What makes it more a challenge is the new budget, that will give us a big indicator on whether they will hire fast or slow.

i would strongly say after taking your exam, pretend you never took the exam, but as you get emails and letters from BP be sure to follow them. that way you stay busy and will not keep worrying about being hired
                              BPA( California)

Comment

• Is hiring for BPA a longer wait than CBPO? The CBPO thread has applicants with EOD's about 9 months after taking the written test.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6732 users online. 378 members and 6354 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X