Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got called to schedule my polygraph. I'll be going 'under the needle' tomorrow!! Getting close, I hope.
    BPA - SW
    App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

• Seems like they (MHC) have slowed down a bit huh?!

Good luck BPA n 2011..... Are you informed of the results right there and then, or do you have to wait?
      BPA
      BPA test date: 8/21/10
      TSU: 2/6/12
      EOD: ???

CBPO
      Got the call!
      PFT2: 3/23
      EOD: 4/9
      FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by A_Gillespie View Post
        Has anyone else failed the PFT2 due to high blood pressure? My situation was cleared by my doctor and the Hiring Center's Medical Case Nurse. I'm wondering if that puts me back into TSU or some stage prior to that. If anyone else had a similar experience, please let me know how it went for you.

I just received my 2nd EOD call today for 9/22 in Casa Grande. I guess this whole situation was a blessing in disguise since my original location was Yuma, AZ.
        Border Patrol Agent (Southwest Border)
        Applied: 7/15/10
        Exam: 8/20/10
        Exam Results: 8/25/10 (92)
        TSL 1: 9/10/10
        TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/18/10
        Oral Board: 10/19/10 (Passed)
        Medical/PFT1: 10/20/10
        Drug Test: 3/16/11 (Passed)
        Background Investigation Forms Follow-up: 4/10/11
        Background Investigation Interview: 6/10/11
        The Call: 7/27/2011 (EOD 8/22/2011, Yuma, AZ)
        TSU: 7/29/2011

PFT II: 8/11/2001 (Failed Due to High Blood Pressue)
        The Call (2nd): 9/1/2011 (EOD 9/22/2011, Casa Grande, AZ)

Comment

• Originally posted by A_Gillespie View Post
          I just received my 2nd EOD call today for 9/22 in Casa Grande. I guess this whole situation was a blessing in disguise since my original location was Yuma, AZ.
          You have no idea how big of a bullet you just dodged by getting a Casa Grande EOD as opposed to a Yuma one. Casa Grande station is better in every category.
          Last edited by Cyber_Saint; 09-01-2011, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ringo3727
            you guys got big balls for spending 5 months in hell, learning spanish if non speaker, and marching around artesia.
            That's going to be the best part for me. Non speaker also.

U.S. Border Patrol
            EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• I saw an episode of Border Wars that showed a group of agents from a station in AZ that get placed in a small trailer and live in there for several days at a time. Does anyone know which station is responsible for that special detail. Don't think I would like to go to that one...
              USBP
              Written Exam: 10-29-10
              NOR: 11/02/10 (95)
              TO: 02/20/10
              PFT1/Medical: MAY 2011
              TLS2: 05/10/11
              OB: MAY 2011
              BI Interview: 06/22/11
              BI in Security Office: 07/02/11
              Medical cleared: 08/04/11
              Drug test: 08/19/11
              Drug Screen cleared: 09/09/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Dep View Post
                I saw an episode of Border Wars that showed a group of agents from a station in AZ that get placed in a small trailer and live in there for several days at a time. Does anyone know which station is responsible for that special detail. Don't think I would like to go to that one...
                Without going into specifics on a public forum, there isn't just one station in AZ with that "special detail". Many stations have forward bases and many stations that don't are required to send volunteers each month to help staff them. Chances are, you'll get voluntold to go at some point, so get used to the idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dep View Post
                  I saw an episode of Border Wars that showed a group of agents from a station in AZ that get placed in a small trailer and live in there for several days at a time. Does anyone know which station is responsible for that special detail. Don't think I would like to go to that one...
                  One would assume that if you're unwilling to spend multiple nights in the bush, then being a BPA might not be the job for you. Bad guys don't work on your schedule, you work on theirs.

Just my .02 from a non-LE looking in (trying to get a job)

Comment

• Originally posted by ZoneOne View Post
                    One would assume that if you're unwilling to spend multiple nights in the bush, then being a BPA might not be the job for you. Bad guys don't work on your schedule, you work on theirs.

Uh yeah, whatever. This isn't the military.
                    What is Perseverance?
                    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

yea, Just because you don't look forward to, or are not jumping up to volunteer for a crappy detail, doesn't mean you WONT do it when asked. I don't think I'd like to spend a few days in one of those things either, but ill do it without complaint because BPA is definitely the right job for me in every other respect. Lets use some logic before throwing stones.
                      Last edited by DO19; 09-02-2011, 08:39 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Yeah, you're right. That's why we have three shifts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ringo3727
                          you guys got big balls for spending 5 months in hell, learning spanish if non speaker, and marching around artesia.
                          That's the best part.

Comment

• post deleted
                            Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                              Uh yeah, whatever. This isn't the military.
                              How's Academy treating you? Is it hot as balls there or what?
                              Border Patrol Agent
                              Applied - 11/11/2010
                              Written Exam - 1/11/2011
                              NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
                              TSL1 - 5/25/2011
                              TSL2 - 6/1/2011
                              PFT1 - 6/24/2011
                              BI Interview - 7/7/2011
                              Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
                              Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
                              Background Completed - 11/1/2011
                              Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• Finally got the call EOD 9/22/11 Casa Grande AZ

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7666 users online. 277 members and 7389 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X