Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
      Who told you that? Any violent crime that gets put out on the radio in my area I, along with all the other PAs will be responding forthwith. Who do you think the the locals call when they need help?
      My buddy is a Detroit cop and he says the Border Patrol agents are always calling on police calls asking if their assistance is needed.
      Border Patrol Agent (Southwest Border)
      Applied: 7/15/10
      Exam: 8/20/10
      Exam Results: 8/25/10 (92)
      TSL 1: 9/10/10
      TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/18/10
      Oral Board: 10/19/10 (Passed)
      Medical/PFT1: 10/20/10
      Drug Test: 3/16/11 (Passed)
      Background Investigation Forms Follow-up: 4/10/11
      Background Investigation Interview: 6/10/11
      The Call: 7/27/2011 (EOD 8/22/2011, Yuma, AZ)
      TSU: 7/29/2011

PFT II: 8/11/2001 (Failed Due to High Blood Pressue)
      The Call (2nd): 9/1/2011 (EOD 9/22/2011, Casa Grande, AZ)

Comment

• Originally posted by Allistar View Post
        202-344-2690 or 202-344-2600
        Thank you much.
        USBP
        Written Exam: 10-29-10
        NOR: 11/02/10 (95)
        TO: 02/20/10
        PFT1/Medical: MAY 2011
        TLS2: 05/10/11
        OB: MAY 2011
        BI Interview: 06/22/11
        BI in Security Office: 07/02/11
        Medical cleared: 08/04/11
        Drug test: 08/19/11
        Drug Screen cleared: 09/09/11

Comment

• I'm only nervous because I've read posts on here about guys taking it, being 100% honest on the questions and still failing. It doesn't seem to be too accurate.

Comment

• I just got done with my BI interview. Investigator said he was submitting the info tonight so should hear something soon. Anyone know if you have to take a poly in addition to your BI interview? The Poly can be a concern. I'm 1-1 for the poly, asked the same questions both times did everything I could to clear my name the time I failed, but still failed...made me ultra sensitive to my second and passed....they are not fun, but I can see the value and flaws to them. It really depends on the person giving the poly that makes the difference. The way I saw it is that I told the truth and cant do anything about how the person on the other end read the results, but my conscious was clear, unfortunately so was my bank account

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
              Who told you that? Any violent crime that gets put out on the radio in my area I, along with all the other PAs will be responding forthwith. Who do you think the the locals call when they need help?

True, but that is not their main task, correct? It is to enforce the Borders, if needed of course they would lend a hand.

Comment

• Got my TSU letter today real exited can't wait for a call. On the other hand On my CASS it still has pre-employment forms and BI pending

Comment

• Originally posted by kikster59 View Post
                  Got my TSU letter today real exited can't wait for a call. On the other hand On my CASS it still has pre-employment forms and BI pending
                  My CASS still showed that stuff as pending when I graduated from the academy....
                  Once you have the letter don't bother with CASS

Comment

• Originally posted by 8USC1229 View Post
                    My CASS still showed that stuff as pending when I graduated from the academy....
                    Once you have the letter don't bother with CASS
                    I was just curious, what in your opinion was the most challenging part of the academy?? Or what did people fail the most?? Thanks

U.S. Border Patrol
                    EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:10 AM.

Comment

I was just curious, what in your opinion was the most challenging part of the academy?? Or what did people fail the most?? Thanks
                        I went through in late '08, and all of the failures(others left on their own volition for other reasons) in my class were attributed to academics-immigration/nationality/applied authority law, but that was only a few people. So I guess Immigration law would be the toughest, causing the most attrition. IMO, its not so much that Imm law is particularly hard, its just the stress of doing while doing firearms, PT, driving, etc. all at once. That academy did not go by fast!

Comment

Nobody fails Spanish anymore. One of my classmates quit before failing from firearms. Several failed PT or quit before they failed.. The PT standards are pretty low. 13 minute mile and a half? That's a joke.. The BP academy exists to fill spots and get people through, not to fail them. The most challenging part was probably the food. It sucks.

Comment

• Thanks guys, I can't wait for the academy. I'm giving it all I got, I feel privileged and proud to be offered a shot at such a great career.

U.S. Border Patrol
                            EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by 8USC1229 View Post
                              Nobody fails Spanish anymore. One of my classmates quit before failing from firearms. Several failed PT or quit before they failed.. The PT standards are pretty low. 13 minute mile and a half? That's a joke.. The BP academy exists to fill spots and get people through, not to fail them. The most challenging part was probably the food. It sucks.

We had one guy fail the Spanish final exam, but was quickly allowed to re-test and passed and is a Naco agent to this day ASFAIK. I liked the food! Steak night on wednesday, come on. The biggest challenge is living in Artesia for five months.

Comment

• Either way, sounds like it's going to be fun.
                                BPA
                                BPA test date: 8/21/10
                                TSU: 2/6/12
                                EOD: ???

CBPO
                                Got the call!
                                PFT2: 3/23
                                EOD: 4/9
                                FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6528 users online. 335 members and 6193 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X