Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any exception to the 6 month rule if you miss your interview?
    BPA:
    Written Test: Passed (97%)
    Reactivated Feb 09
    Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
    Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
    Medical Exam: Completed
    Drug Test: Completed
    Fitness: Completed
    Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
    Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
    Written Test: Passed (80% )
    Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
    Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
      Is there any exception to the 6 month rule if you miss your interview?
      A no-show is just as bad, if not worse, than failing.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
        Let me guess, you listed her as an SF-86 reference and then you broke up or something?

Same thing happen to me, but I came out with a much better ending. Upon receiving a call from my BI, I called up my ex-girlfriend to explain to her what the situation was. It wasn't a clean break per-se and it didn't help that I was the one that did the breaking up, but after not talking to her for 5 months I called her up and gave it to her straight ("Listen, a guy is going to call you up and ask about me most likely. If you have a problem with this, please PLEASE let me know and I'll do my best to make it go away"). Luckily she was very understanding about the situation, and gave me no problems. I got lucky in that regard I suppose.

Interestingly enough I guess that was the right time to call her, as now we are just friends and talk once in awhile.

I guess the only thing you can do is explain to your BI that she's your ex-girlfriend, explain perhaps why she might sandbag you, and hope for the best.

yea he says he needed a reference for every address i listed so i kinda had no choice but to give her up (she's the ex who after a few years wants to try again but you moved on and shes ****ed)

but she texted me saying met with him and some other crap i didn't bother reading

the BI said he @ my deadline so i guess my report will be turned in tomorrow

Now i have a unique pass with alot of up & downs...from what i read most people get there NOPA's b4 the BI even starts...

is are there any stories of NOPA'S coming after the BI was done

Comment

• Adjudicators send out a fair amount of NOPAs.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
            A no-show is just as bad, if not worse, than failing.
            Sorry bad choice of words, I meant if I Failed my interview
            BPA:
            Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by Bastille View Post
              Adjudicators send out a fair amount of NOPAs.
              umm damn, guess i'm not out the woods yet

Comment

• i passed my oral board yesterday! next week is medical! They asked me if i liked the snow, because there is a good chance I could get in by dec! Was anyone else there?
                5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by supermario View Post
                  i passed my oral board yesterday! next week is medical! They asked me if i liked the snow, because there is a good chance I could get in by dec! Was anyone else there?
                  They said December for you? I'm just about on the same time frame as you. My medical is next week. On a side note, does anyone know how hard the step up test is? I'm not really too concerned about being able to last, I'm just a little uncoordinated. I'm in pretty good shape just don't know if I could alternate between steps like the way they describe it. Can you keep stepping up with the same foot or do you have to alternate? It seems like stepping in the cadence may get a little difficult. Any advice would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyboy17 View Post
                    They said December for you? I'm just about on the same time frame as you. My medical is next week. On a side note, does anyone know how hard the step up test is? I'm not really too concerned about being able to last, I'm just a little uncoordinated. I'm in pretty good shape just don't know if I could alternate between steps like the way they describe it. Can you keep stepping up with the same foot or do you have to alternate? It seems like stepping in the cadence may get a little difficult. Any advice would be great.
                    You can use the same foot if you want, your leg will just fatigue. I wouldn't take it too likely. The pace is a lot faster than most think.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                      You can use the same foot if you want, your leg will just fatigue. I wouldn't take it too likely. The pace is a lot faster than most think.
                      You can practice how to do the step test using a few variations to help with coordination. Luckily I did marching band back in the day so this was no problem, however people sometimes really have issues with stepping in time.

SO, you'll need:
                      -Computer with speakers
                      -A little bit of space
                      -(OPTIONAL) A wooden box or something to step on top of. It doesn't have to be regulation size, just something you can put your foot on top of. Barring this, just step forward to mimic stepping onto something.

You can download the actual audio portion that covers the entire test from CHS's website. For BPAs it is here:
                      http://www.chsmedical.com/dhscbpfitness/bpa_page.htm

There's a link on the right side so you can download the narrative thing. Open up your favorite mp3 player, cue up the track, and if you want you can skip to the step test.

IF YOU AREN'T THAT TECHNICALLY LITERATE AND ARE SCARED OF MP3 PLAYERS:

You can just visit this website: http://www.metronomeonline.com/

Set it to 120 bpm and turn it on. It's the same thing, except it just clicks instead of saying "left left right right."

Practice this until you feel like you've figured out the coordination to it.
                      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• I hated that step test! I would rather have run 2 or 3 miles.
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• standstill

I completed my oral board about 6 weeks ago, then my medical about 4 weeks ago, I havent heard anything since. I am waiting for the drug screen and B I to begin. is this time laspe normal? because everything was moving so fast and now nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by raidersjoe View Post
                            I completed my oral board about 6 weeks ago, then my medical about 4 weeks ago, I havent heard anything since. I am waiting for the drug screen and B I to begin. is this time laspe normal? because everything was moving so fast and now nothing.
                            I ran into the same exact thing. Sadly the only thing you can do is to check the status lines and be patient.
                            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyboy17 View Post
                              Just be prepared man it tires and if you plan on changing foots in the middle of it, make sure you practice it first, when you got for about 2 minutes using your right leg to push up when you change your legs will be accustomed to that,I almost fell but i kept going
                              Good luck sir

On a brighter note: I failed my OB for border patrol but today I just got pre employment form from ICE hopefully that goed better for me
                              BPA:
                              Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• Coordination is the key to the step test, physically is not difficult, If you can run 1.5-3 miles in a decent time, you should be in suitable physical condition to pass.

About the time lapse...Same things happened to me. I tested in August, completed my drug test, oral, med, and pft by mid September, and now every thing just slowed down. Last week , my case went to the security office, and the waiting game is the only thing I'm playing.

I think the process slowed down is because of my qualifications, and my date of availability. I applied for a 7 position based on my college gpa, and I am still in the middle of my last two classes. I don't graduate until Nov. 13, and I still need to send in my final Transcripts. Why rush it along when it is foreseeable that is will be held up anyways? Right?
                                Last edited by momnie48; 11-03-2008, 08:35 AM.
                                BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
                                Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
                                Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
                                Med---09/02/2008--Passed
                                Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
                                Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
                                Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11045 users online. 373 members and 10672 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X