Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone. Just wondering how kids and a wife handle the smaller towns were some agents are stationed. How far away can you live from the border? Is there allot of crime in the cities near the border? The reason I ask is I want to apply, but I am already a cop and I want to find out as much as I can about the job. Any advise would be appreciated!

Comment

• Hello everyone I'm new to the forum , I have been in the process for quite some time.. In the cass i have checks on everything exept: pre-employment forms, and backround investigation. Yesterday I got an email stating all my pre-employment forms have checked out just needed a copy of my current drivers license. I sent a copy then got an email saying "Thank you, You should hear from the Training and Scheduling unit in the next couple of weeks. Congratulations and good luck!"

Comment

• Anybody EOD 9/15?

Comment

• Originally posted by pepe View Post
          I haven't heard of both positions being offered at the same time before. Congrats bro! If you really wanna go back to NYC eventually, I would suggest you to take the CBPO position. Btw, can you put your CBPO timeline.
          I accepted BPA over CBPO, it was a tough last minute decision. Federal Law Enforcement Retirement Coverage (12(d)) was the deal breaker. Anybody have any thoughts on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
            As Border Patrol Agent candidate it is important to know that you will be enforcing a socially dividing law and be okay with it.

Morally, it's more simple when you are a normal LEO. Everyone knows murder, rape, robbery, etc. are inherently wrong (malum in se). Illegal immigration, on the other hand, is only wrong by our legal definition (malum prohibitum).
            Damn, you're smart! I wonder why Congress didn't consult you before they passed these horrible laws!
            If you're a sympathizer, why don't you go see if ACLU or La Raza is hiring?

Comment

• Anyone else that took the exam last August/September still in the process?? My BI has been "pending" since April.....
              BPA
              BPA test date: 8/21/10
              TSU: 2/6/12
              EOD: ???

CBPO
              Got the call!
              PFT2: 3/23
              EOD: 4/9
              FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by kikster59 View Post
                Hello everyone I'm new to the forum , I have been in the process for quite some time.. In the cass i have checks on everything exept: pre-employment forms, and backround investigation. Yesterday I got an email stating all my pre-employment forms have checked out just needed a copy of my current drivers license. I sent a copy then got an email saying "Thank you, You should hear from the Training and Scheduling unit in the next couple of weeks. Congratulations and good luck!"
                Im in a similar situation as you they needed a copy of my drivers license then after i gave it to them i had checks for everthing and then my pre employment forms went back to pending I never got an email but i got a phone call from a lady from the hiring center that told me i should get a letter from tsu in the next few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raymart View Post
                  Anyone else that took the exam last August/September still in the process?? My BI has been "pending" since April.....
                  I took the test back in August and im still in the process just waiting for a letter from tsu right now.

Comment

• Just got the call guys. Feels awesome. I was offered Ajo, AZ --- EOD 09/19/2011!!!!!
                    Good luck to you guys, see you all out there!!

U.S. Border Patrol
                    EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

Anyone else that took the exam last August/September still in the process?? My BI has been "pending" since April.....
                      I called IA today and they told me that I am going to be scheduled for poly. Still waiting......
                      BPA -
                      Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                      TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Congrats Allistar, good luck at the academy...
                        BPA

CBPO
                        Got the call!

Comment

Congrats Allistar, good luck at the academy...
                          Thanks Raymart, I'm going to tell you this, there's no better feeling then to know you have been finally offered a job after such a long and grueling process/wait. You're almost there, you'll see what I mean when you get that Call. From the looks of things, the process has been moving rather fast lately. BTW, have you called IA to check your status??

U.S. Border Patrol
                          EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• I can't wait to feel the same feeling as well Allistar...

I spoke with IA on Wednesday, and they told me that they are waiting for one more piece of paper before they assign it to someone... Oh well, I take it as more time to prepare!
                            BPA

CBPO
                            Got the call!

Comment

• Originally posted by FordMustang View Post
                              I appreciate you think BPA would be better then CBPO for me but I don't know about the whole COPS line they are spitting at you.. I've worked that gig for 3 years and there is a lot of paperwork that comes along with every "cool" thing you do. BPA prob doesn't respond to burglary alarms, domestics, thefts, accidents, robberies, shootings, homicides etc every day. Not trying to be a dick but don't judge your job off of "COPS" or "Border Patrol". Anyone that made a switch from street to BPA PM me got some questions.

Ya I hear you. That goes with any LE job, the paperwork. It just happens & ya deal with it. And no the BPA does not respond to "robberies, alarms domestics etc". Thats not their job, its the local PD's.. Every agency has a different LE task.
                              I realize it will not always be "crazy & fun" but thats life. Guess its not for everybody, but we'll all eventually find something we love to do, hope you do too.

Comment

• post deleted
                                Last edited by o2force; 01-01-2012, 02:00 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8707 users online. 274 members and 8433 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X