300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by striketm View Post
    Make sure that anything you plan to do puts you or other people in danger.
    Striketm, re-read your sentence.

Comment

• Drug screen done....now just waiting for background check to clear.
      USBP
      Written Exam: 10-29-10
      NOR: 11/02/10 (95)
      TO: 02/20/10
      PFT1/Medical: MAY 2011
      TLS2: 05/10/11
      OB: MAY 2011
      BI Interview: 06/22/11
      BI in Security Office: 07/02/11
      Medical cleared: 08/04/11
      Drug test: 08/19/11
      Drug Screen cleared: 09/09/11

Comment

• For the pft2, do they allow u to listen to an I pod or something simmilar while you run the 1 1/2 miles?
        USBP
        Written Exam: 10-29-10
        NOR: 11/02/10 (95)
        TO: 02/20/10
        PFT1/Medical: MAY 2011
        TLS2: 05/10/11
        OB: MAY 2011
        BI Interview: 06/22/11
        BI in Security Office: 07/02/11
        Medical cleared: 08/04/11
        Drug test: 08/19/11
        Drug Screen cleared: 09/09/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Dep View Post
          For the pft2, do they allow u to listen to an I pod or something simmilar while you run the 1 1/2 miles?
          They won't in the academy, might as well get use to running without it...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            Also keep in mind that while the time for the PFT2 is 15:00, down here in Artesia, your time has to be under 13:00. So if you are just barely passing the pft2, you are struggling down here during PT. That is why I suggest everyone work out hard before they get down here and have your running below the 13:00. That is just one less thing to worry about.
            Ya true. Believe it or not, I ran the 1.5 in 9 min, 50 sec. Got the fastest time. But I know once I get out to Artesia it will be much harder with the heat. Working out harder, never hurt

Comment

• Originally posted by JerzeyFedz View Post
              Ya true. Believe it or not, I ran the 1.5 in 9 min, 50 sec. Got the fastest time. But I know once I get out to Artesia it will be much harder with the heat. Working out harder, never hurt
              It's a little bit higher elevation than some people are used to. Between that and the heat/humidity, lots of people end up running the 1.5 about a minute slower than they did at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerzeyFedz View Post
                Almost everyone runs a little slower here. Not just due to the heat, but the altitude.
                What is Perseverance?
                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                  Almost everyone runs a little slower here. Not just due to the heat, but the altitude.
                  Ya true, thats why I'm saying I'm saying I have to push myself harder, as we all should

Comment

• First, Congrats to you guys who have moved on in the process. I have the interview on Friday. Any of you guys who have been here have any incite or advice at this point - for the interview that is. Also, Ive had a buddy of mine say that he had an interview with a security clearance investigator already? Is this normal - background check before interview?

Any incite would be greatly appreciated!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DO19 View Post
                      First, Congrats to you guys who have moved on in the process. I have the interview on Friday. Any of you guys who have been here have any incite or advice at this point - for the interview that is. Also, Ive had a buddy of mine say that he had an interview with a security clearance investigator already? Is this normal - background check before interview?

Any incite would be greatly appreciated!!
                      Wear a suit, shave your face, get a haircut and use common sense when answering the questions. That is about all anyone will tell you about the Oral Board.

The order at which items are completed is different for every applicant. My BI started about a month before my OB. And my drug test was completed last week, before my BI has even reached adjudication.
                      Border Patrol Agent
                      Applied - 11/11/2010
                      Written Exam - 1/11/2011
                      NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
                      TSL1 - 5/25/2011
                      TSL2 - 6/1/2011
                      PFT1 - 6/24/2011
                      BI Interview - 7/7/2011
                      Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
                      Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
                      Background Completed - 11/1/2011
                      Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• BI cleared last friday, now I have all checks for the pre-employment process.Got a call last friday to from hiring center,told me I should get a letter from TSU in a few weeks. Don't know if she was telling me the truth or just telling me something standard. Hopefully I hear something soon sgain though.

Comment

• Hey everyone - I'm thinking of applying to the new announcement that's out but I had a couple questions. They have three out right now - California Texas and Arizona. I can apply to more than one of those locations? Speaking of locations, what geographic area of the three is considered the nicest to live in: Cali, Arizona, or Texas? I would be moving to the other side of the country for this job if I get it and I'd rather not live in a dumpy area if I didnt have to. Thanks for any help!
                          PD+

Comment

• Originally posted by BB View Post
                            BI cleared last friday, now I have all checks for the pre-employment process.Got a call last friday to from hiring center,told me I should get a letter from TSU in a few weeks. Don't know if she was telling me the truth or just telling me something standard. Hopefully I hear something soon sgain though.
                            Congrats! What is your timeline?
                            BPA -
                            Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                            TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
                              Congrats! What is your timeline?
                              Thank you! All of them passed now. month/ year

applied 8-10
                              oral board 10-10
                              med and 1st pft 11-10
                              drug test 3-11
                              e-qip 4-11
                              Met with BI 5-11
                              BI Passed 8-11

Comment

• Originally posted by JJ1o87 View Post
                                Hey everyone - I'm thinking of applying to the new announcement that's out but I had a couple questions. They have three out right now - California Texas and Arizona. I can apply to more than one of those locations? Speaking of locations, what geographic area of the three is considered the nicest to live in: Cali, Arizona, or Texas? I would be moving to the other side of the country for this job if I get it and I'd rather not live in a dumpy area if I didnt have to. Thanks for any help!

No one location. But they may put you either close to your desired location or just based on the needs of CBP. Personally I think Texas is nice. Arizona is gonna be crazy, BUT it is gorgeous. The sunsets are amazing. Everynight. California, idk... But I am going to be stationed in Laredo, TX. I leave wednesday, so I can let you know how that is in the near future. But I have been to TX Several times & I love it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5797 users online. 313 members and 5484 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X