300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
    Use it off duty to study, don't be the trainee using your phone to help process aliens. Yes, its already happened.
    You shouldn't have that kind of a job if you need to do that..

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
      You are going to need somebody to take your spot in that wedding. When you are in the academy, annual leave is not granted.
      Thats kinda what I figured.. Well I guess I can only go to the bachelor party the weekend before lol

Comment

• Originally posted by cb14sar View Post
        Dep, what does your timeline look like?
        it should be on my signature...
        USBP
        Written Exam: 10-29-10
        NOR: 11/02/10 (95)
        TO: 02/20/10
        PFT1/Medical: MAY 2011
        TLS2: 05/10/11
        OB: MAY 2011
        BI Interview: 06/22/11
        BI in Security Office: 07/02/11
        Medical cleared: 08/04/11
        Drug test: 08/19/11
        Drug Screen cleared: 09/09/11

Comment

• Originally posted by JerzeyFedz View Post
          Gotcha. I have a wedding (which I am in) the last day of the class, graduation day... However, I have to stay another 8 weeks to learn spanish. The wedding is on a friday afternoon... Not sure if they would give me a pass and say go.. But I guess I'll see.
          So you would rather go to some wedding than graduate as a Border Patrol Agent? That shouldn't even be a question. Why would you miss your own graduation to attend some wedding? It should be one of the proudest days of your life.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            So you would rather go to some wedding than graduate as a Border Patrol Agent? That shouldn't even be a question. Why would you miss your own graduation to attend some wedding? It should be one of the proudest days of your life.
            No i said it wrong.. I meant to say I do not know if I graduate the same day as everyone else since I have to stay another 8 weeks for the Espanol. Or do you know if you technically graduate that day before the spanish courses? Not sure if that makes sense. I would NEVER miss my graduation day for my friends wedding. I have been waiting for this day since I was 5 yrs old..

Comment

No i said it wrong.. I meant to say I do not know if I graduate the same day as everyone else since I have to stay another 8 weeks for the Espanol. Or do you know if you technically graduate that day before the spanish courses? Not sure if that makes sense. I would NEVER miss my graduation day for my friends wedding. I have been waiting for this day since I was 5 yrs old..
              Sorry, I misunderstood.
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Anyone sucessfully appeal a NOPA for traffic citations?
                CBPO TSL 5/25/11 | MED 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | PFT1 7/18/11 | VBT 7/20/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11

BPA TSL 5/24/11 | MED/PFT1 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | OB 7/22/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11 | TSU 8/22/11 | EOD 9/12/11

Comment

Your entire class will graduate on the same day. If you're staying for Spanish, you'll start class the next work day and will have another small graduation with your Spanish class 8 weeks later.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                    Sorry, I misunderstood.
                    No worries, Kinda my fault I should have stated it better. Good luck over there, I go for my PFT2 on Thursday. Good luck to everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigerr19 View Post
                      Your entire class will graduate on the same day. If you're staying for Spanish, you'll start class the next work day and will have another small graduation with your Spanish class 8 weeks later.
                      Oh ok, hmmm interesting. Well I guess that wedding is out of the question now.. So are you actually classified as a BPA after that initial graduation or after the spanish classes? Do they issue your weapon and badge at the initial graduation? even if you are taking the spanish?

Comment

Oh ok, hmmm interesting. Well I guess that wedding is out of the question now.. So are you actually classified as a BPA after that initial graduation or after the spanish classes? Do they issue your weapon and badge at the initial graduation? even if you are taking the spanish?
                        You turn it back into your Law Instructor almost immediately. You might have time to get in a few pictures with the family or whoever with it fixed on your dress coat.

Comment

No you wont get your gun or your badge. you will still have the rubber red gun and you will have to wear your vest till your off ftu back at your station.In the academy you will still get yelled at and you can still get fired your not a PA till you graduate from spanish passing spanish is mandatory if you dont pass you get fired. At your station you will have 12 weeks of FTU and 6 weeks with a journeyman on top of that there is more test 6 units. A test a month plus 3 weeks of VLC a month plus other stuff. If you fail the same test more than twice you get fired or if you fail a test on the first try 2 times you get fired or if your FTO thinks you suck you might not make it. Something to think about.

Comment

• Originally posted by LastSamurai View Post
                            PFT2 Passed today. Not so hard if you are somewhat in shape.
                            Good stuff brother. I got mine coming up soon. Do they allow time to warm up after they read your blood pressure?
                            Federal Bureau of Prisons Correctional Officer
                            Initial Application: 10/20/11
                            Update Application: 12/07/11
                            Inquiry for availability: 2/1/12
                            BG Interview/Panel Interview/Fingerprints: 2/7/12
                            Conditional Offier: 2/16/12
                            Update Previous BI Paperwork: 2/27/12
                            Medical/UA: 3/7/12
                            Hired: 3/21/12!
                            EOD: 4/9/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Roland View Post
                              Good stuff brother. I got mine coming up soon. Do they allow time to warm up after they read your blood pressure?
                              Whats your duty station? Thats when my class starts as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Miajr84 View Post
                                Good Luck at the academy. Did you have any failures today ? How large was your group ?
                                Group was about 28 or so deep. Prob 15-18 for BPA and the rest for CBPO. No fails but some very borderline people.

Thanks all!

Originally posted by Roland View Post
                                The format is...
                                Line up
                                Do Vitals
                                Warm up & Stretch
                                220 Yard dash (31 sec)
                                5 min break
                                Situps (Pass)
                                5 min break
                                Pushups (Pass)
                                5 min break
                                1.5 Mile (1 mile mark 7:22 1.5 mile 11:18)
                                Short discussion while everyone waits to sign their paperwork.
                                Last edited by LastSamurai; 08-15-2011, 01:02 PM.
                                BPA(Geo Pref: CA)
                                NOR: 10/01/2010 - Rating 91
                                TSL1: 10/28/2010
                                OB: 12/06/2010
                                Med/PFT1: 04/05/2011
                                TSL2/E-QIP: 04/28/2011
                                BI Interview: 06/05/2011
                                BI in Sec Off: 06/17/2011
                                Drug Test: 07/05/2011
                                TSU: 07/20/2011
                                The Call: 07/29/2011
                                PFT2: 08/12/2011 - 1 mile 7:22 1.5 mile 11:18 220yd Dash 0:31
                                Sector: Yuma
                                Station: Yuma Station
                                EOD: 08/22/2011
                                Academy Date: 08/29/2011

"He Who Knows Others Is Wise. He Who Knows Himself Is Enlightened." - Tao Te Ching

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9001 users online. 296 members and 8705 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X