Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC, yes and one day they might ride the lightning as well...

Comment

• Does anyone know what they are looking for in the credit check??

Comment

• Making sure you are financially responsible aka not delinquent, make payments on time. It is ok to have loans as long as they are being paid on time.

Comment

• I am confused on a few things, if I come into the USBP as a GL-5, will I be at GL-11 after 3 years?
          Also, is the FERS calculation based off of your BASE salary, or your total compensation to include AUO pay, uniform allowance, and night sift diff pay?

thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
            I am confused on a few things, if I come into the USBP as a GL-5, will I be at GL-11 after 3 years?
            Also, is the FERS calculation based off of your BASE salary, or your total compensation to include AUO pay, uniform allowance, and night sift diff pay?

thank you
            You start off at GL-05. After the academy, you'll promote to GL-07. One year later, you'll promote to GL-09, the next year, GL-11.

Base, locality, and AUO are all factored into your "high three" retirement years. Night, holiday, Sunday, uniform pay, comp time, and FLSA are not factored in.

Comment

• Originally posted by LS1 View Post
              You start off at GL-05. After the academy, you'll promote to GL-07. One year later, you'll promote to GL-09, the next year, GL-11.
              Really? I thought if you're qualed for GL5, you stay GL5 for a year, and then get promoted. Am I wrong?
              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• USBP has an accelerated promotion plan if you read the announcement. If you start as a GL-5 you will be a GL-11 after about 2years and 6.5-7months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bastille View Post
                  USBP has an accelerated promotion plan if you read the announcement. If you start as a GL-5 you will be a GL-11 after about 2years and 6.5-7months.
                  Huh, was this on the same 'continuing' announcement? I gave it a glance over when I applied in February and I don't remember seeing that. But hey, I'm glad I'm wrong. So what they're effectively trying to do is to get you promoted after leaving the academy?

Comment

• You typically see your promotion from 6.5-7 months after you eod.

Comment

• Can a Border Patrol Agent answer this question. Do Border Patrol Agents have federal jurisdiction like FBI and DEA special agents? And can they carry OFF-duty and make arrests in all 50 states and territories? I know the question seems dumb but I really wasnt sure.

Comment

• Yes, but you are restricted by your agency in your powers on and off duty just like those agencies.

Comment

• Hi, First time poster here
                          I applied for border patrol
                          everything was going nice and quick, even my BI was already done and sadly I Failed my interview Now i have to wait until Feb to try again
                          BPA:
                          Written Test: Passed (97%)
                          Reactivated Feb 09
                          Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                          Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                          Medical Exam: Completed
                          Drug Test: Completed
                          Fitness: Completed
                          Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                          Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                          Written Test: Passed (80% )
                          Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                          Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• so i spoke with my BI for the fourth time, my EX-girlfriend is holding up the process..

anyone have the bitter EX problem

Comment

• Originally posted by quannj View Post
                              so i spoke with my BI for the fourth time, my EX-girlfriend is holding up the process..

anyone have the bitter EX problem
                              Let me guess, you listed her as an SF-86 reference and then you broke up or something?

Same thing happen to me, but I came out with a much better ending. Upon receiving a call from my BI, I called up my ex-girlfriend to explain to her what the situation was. It wasn't a clean break per-se and it didn't help that I was the one that did the breaking up, but after not talking to her for 5 months I called her up and gave it to her straight ("Listen, a guy is going to call you up and ask about me most likely. If you have a problem with this, please PLEASE let me know and I'll do my best to make it go away"). Luckily she was very understanding about the situation, and gave me no problems. I got lucky in that regard I suppose.

Interestingly enough I guess that was the right time to call her, as now we are just friends and talk once in awhile.

I guess the only thing you can do is explain to your BI that she's your ex-girlfriend, explain perhaps why she might sandbag you, and hope for the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                                Can a Border Patrol Agent answer this question. Do Border Patrol Agents have federal jurisdiction like FBI and DEA special agents? And can they carry OFF-duty and make arrests in all 50 states and territories? I know the question seems dumb but I really wasnt sure.
                                Yes we can carry off-duty. We are Federal Agents so yes we have federal jurisdiction.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9231 users online. 385 members and 8846 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X