300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnnylawman38 View Post
    If someone is 37 or over can they apply? I thought border patrol was up tp 40?
    Last i read, it was 40
    NOR (09/14/10): 90 (No VP)
    TSL1 (10/04/10)
    OB (12/03/10)
    MED/1 ST PFT (03/21/11)
    DRUG TEST (04/08/11)
    TSL2/E-QIP (07/19/11)
    MEET BI (10/18/11)

Comment

• looks like my BI is on the move =]

got an an alert text from chase identity protection that a new inquiry was detected. sure enough, it was the government

hopefully this process goes by fast
      NOR (09/14/10): 90 (No VP)
      TSL1 (10/04/10)
      OB (12/03/10)
      MED/1 ST PFT (03/21/11)
      DRUG TEST (04/08/11)
      TSL2/E-QIP (07/19/11)
      MEET BI (10/18/11)

Comment

• Originally posted by JerzeyFedz View Post
        Ok thats cool, ya I arrive in Laredo the 25, then El Paso the 28th (I think) & then I believe my Academy actually starts 9/1. I guess they have quite a few classes going in around the same time.

LastSamuri, How is your Spanish? I'm thinking of getting Rosetta Stone or look around online, just to help familiarize myself more..
        I took a few years so I have a decent grasp on the language structure i really just need to familiarize myself with the vocab. I hear rosetta stone is good.
        BPA(Geo Pref: CA)
        NOR: 10/01/2010 - Rating 91
        TSL1: 10/28/2010
        OB: 12/06/2010
        Med/PFT1: 04/05/2011
        TSL2/E-QIP: 04/28/2011
        BI Interview: 06/05/2011
        BI in Sec Off: 06/17/2011
        Drug Test: 07/05/2011
        TSU: 07/20/2011
        The Call: 07/29/2011
        PFT2: 08/12/2011 - 1 mile 7:22 1.5 mile 11:18 220yd Dash 0:31
        Sector: Yuma
        Station: Yuma Station
        EOD: 08/22/2011
        Academy Date: 08/29/2011

"He Who Knows Others Is Wise. He Who Knows Himself Is Enlightened." - Tao Te Ching

Comment

• yeah the jersey boy is right.

Comment

• Originally posted by vizionzofspace1 View Post
            yeah the jersey boy is right.
            Us Jersey boys are never wrong.. Lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
              Jersey, you flying in or are they letting you drive in?
              Buddy of mine from my old Sheriff's Office got the call and his EOD is the same as yours, also Laredo.
              See you all in the warzone soon!
              Oh sweet! Thats awesome, I'm sure in time I will figure out who it is among the class. I am flying to Laredo in a few weeks, and then Laredo picks up the tab from then on to El Paso & Artesia. I figured flying will be best & I'll just rent a car when I get there.. After the Academy I am thinking of either driving my Jeep from Jerz to TX OR I may look into a shipping company & ship it down there. I have to figure out the costs, whichever is cheapest. Not so sure I wana put a thousand plus miles on my leased Jeep, but I love a good roadtrip. So we'll see

Comment

If someone is 37 or over can they apply? I thought border patrol was up tp 40?
                Try reading the vacancy announcement, that's what its for.

Age Requirement: In accordance with Public Law 100-238, this position is covered under law enforcement retirement provisions. Candidates must be referred for selection before reaching their 40th birthday. However, the age restriction may not apply if you are currently serving or have previously served in a federal civilian law enforcement (non-military) position covered by Title 5 U.S.C. 8336(c) or Title 5 U.S.C. 8412(d). The age restriction does not apply if you are a veterans’ preference eligible.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerzeyFedz View Post
                  Oh sweet! Thats awesome, I'm sure in time I will figure out who it is among the class. I am flying to Laredo in a few weeks, and then Laredo picks up the tab from then on to El Paso & Artesia. I figured flying will be best & I'll just rent a car when I get there.. After the Academy I am thinking of either driving my Jeep from Jerz to TX OR I may look into a shipping company & ship it down there. I have to figure out the costs, whichever is cheapest. Not so sure I wana put a thousand plus miles on my leased Jeep, but I love a good roadtrip. So we'll see
                  Not only are you coming to Laredo, but a fellow Jeep owner also!
                  USMS Region 3
                  Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
                  Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
                  Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
                  BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
                  Medical:2/15/10
                  MedicalReview: 4/15/10
                  FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
                  Drug: 6/5/10
                  Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
                  Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                  Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
                  Written: 12/27/10
                  NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
                  To:
                  Medical:

Comment

• Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
                    Not only are you coming to Laredo, but a fellow Jeep owner also!
                    Well we are keeping this all in the family! haha

Comment

• Originally posted by R6 View Post
                      looks like my BI is on the move =]

got an an alert text from chase identity protection that a new inquiry was detected. sure enough, it was the government

It's only just the beginning. Investigators are so backed up right now, it could take months before you get interviewed. And months before your case sees an adjudication. There are literally 1000's of cases sitting on desks at IA right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                        Try reading the vacancy announcement, that's what its for.

Age Requirement: In accordance with Public Law 100-238, this position is covered under law enforcement retirement provisions. Candidates must be referred for selection before reaching their 40th birthday. However, the age restriction may not apply if you are currently serving or have previously served in a federal civilian law enforcement (non-military) position covered by Title 5 U.S.C. 8336(c) or Title 5 U.S.C. 8412(d). The age restriction does not apply if you are a veterans’ preference eligible.
                        Just thought I would ask if anyone knew....I was rushed yesterday and didnt have time to research. Thanks again for your always stellar attitude.
                        ICE SA

Test: July 2009
                        NOR: Sept 2009
                        Interview: Nov 2009
                        NOR: Dec 30, 2010
                        TO: Jan 3, 2011
                        Medical: Jan 14, 2011
                        Drug Screen: Jan 26, 2011
                        Cleared all Pre-Employment Checks Feb 23, 2011
                        Met with BI: March 9, 2011
                        BI Complete: April 26, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by R6 View Post
                          looks like my BI is on the move =]

Congrats! Continue to be excited! Remeber that there will always be people out there, and on this forum, that will try to discourage you in your excitement...some people prefer to knock down others rather than encourage them, so keep your head up and focused! It's a long journey, but enjoy each step!
                          BPA:
                          BPA exam: 2/23/11
                          NOR: 3/2/11 (92)
                          TSL1: 06/03/11
                          TSL2: 06/03/11
                          Medical: 7/7/11 (Being reviewed)
                          PFT1: 7/7/11 Cleared
                          Structured Interview:7/14/11-Passed
                          BI: In the Security Office

HSI SA:
                          Applied: 06/07/11

Comment

• I have an interesting question for the academy...boots.

I dont want to get my feet torn up...so are we permitted to bring our own boots or purchase them on our own? Anyone know the Rules/regulations regarding uniform boots or acceptable brands / styles?

Maybe this question is best left for when I EOD and can ask a Journeyman agent.
                            BPA(Geo Pref: CA)
                            NOR: 10/01/2010 - Rating 91
                            TSL1: 10/28/2010
                            OB: 12/06/2010
                            Med/PFT1: 04/05/2011
                            TSL2/E-QIP: 04/28/2011
                            BI Interview: 06/05/2011
                            BI in Sec Off: 06/17/2011
                            Drug Test: 07/05/2011
                            TSU: 07/20/2011
                            The Call: 07/29/2011
                            PFT2: 08/12/2011 - 1 mile 7:22 1.5 mile 11:18 220yd Dash 0:31
                            Sector: Yuma
                            Station: Yuma Station
                            EOD: 08/22/2011
                            Academy Date: 08/29/2011

"He Who Knows Others Is Wise. He Who Knows Himself Is Enlightened." - Tao Te Ching

Comment

Just thought I would ask if anyone knew....I was rushed yesterday and didnt have time to research. Thanks again for your always stellar attitude.
                              Oh no you didn't!!!! INCOMIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, if your gonna talk back to the members of this forum just do your homework; make sure the aren't agents. Lmao!!!!
                              "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
                              Written Test: 10/04/10
                              NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
                              TSL 1: 11/17/10
                              OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
                              Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
                              TSL 2: 04/29/11.
                              e-QIP: 05/08/11
                              BI Interview: 07/26/11
                              Drug test: 08/05/11
                              Polygraph: 02/08/2012
                              CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
                              Written Test: 12/09/10
                              NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
                              TSL 1: 06/14/11
                              PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
                              VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by LastSamurai View Post
                                I have an interesting question for the academy...boots.

I dont want to get my feet torn up...so are we permitted to bring our own boots or purchase them on our own? Anyone know the Rules/regulations regarding uniform boots or acceptable brands / styles?

Maybe this question is best left for when I EOD and can ask a Journeyman agent.
                                I got this off of honor first:

Q. Do the trainees who are at the Academy have any advice for those of us who are just getting started?

A. Start getting in shape NOW, even if you THINK you are in pretty good condition, especially running and upper body. Travel light. You don't have a lot of storage space in your room. Prepare yourself mentally for a challenge.

There might be a place to hook up your modem, and you probably WILL have a phone in your room. A computer will be handy if you have one but they are available there. Word for Windows would make it even better. Bring vee neck white tee shirts, several of them. Bring the best running shoes you can afford, and two pair would be even better to alternate.

You will be issued a combo backpack/camelbak to carry your goodies at the academy. You must use this and only this item to tote your stuff.

If you already have boots, you may be able to use them and save some of your uniform credits for other needed items. Your lead instructor will make the determination on whether or not your boots are acceptable. General rules are: They must be combat style boots, black with a round toe (no paratrooper caps), smooth leather (all black jungles are also OK). Your ostrich skin pointy toed bull riders ain't gonna get it.

http://www.honorfirst.com/academy.htm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9892 users online. 472 members and 9420 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X