300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LastSamurai View Post
    Took the wife and kids on a day trip to Yuma, Az this past weekend.

Toured some new sub divisions, let the kids play at a little kiddie gym, had some lunch, checked out the station, toured a few near by towns like Sommerton, Az and San Luis, Az (port of entry)...

A little bit of culture shock even for those of us from San Diego.

This is going to be interesting. We found out we had some friends who moved out there a few years ago so thats a nice surprise. Met a younger gal at one of the sub division models who is also a transplant and gave us some good info on the town.

This is gonna be an adventure ha ha.
    You'll have to give me some details when we meet. I'm not familiar with the area, all my knowledge comes from online research. Coming from Michigan, this is going to be a huge change.
    Border Patrol Agent (Southwest Border)
    Applied: 7/15/10
    Exam: 8/20/10
    Exam Results: 8/25/10 (92)
    TSL 1: 9/10/10
    TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/18/10
    Oral Board: 10/19/10 (Passed)
    Medical/PFT1: 10/20/10
    Drug Test: 3/16/11 (Passed)
    Background Investigation Forms Follow-up: 4/10/11
    Background Investigation Interview: 6/10/11
    The Call: 7/27/2011 (EOD 8/22/2011, Yuma, AZ)
    TSU: 7/29/2011

PFT II: 8/11/2001 (Failed Due to High Blood Pressue)
    The Call (2nd): 9/1/2011 (EOD 9/22/2011, Casa Grande, AZ)

Comment

• Originally posted by A_o_C57 View Post
      How long was your wait between when your case went into the security office to meeting with your BI to being adjudicated? I know it's different for everyone but I'm trying to gauge others.
      I have no clue i just started checking my CASS after my BI interview was done. My backround interview was done 7/22 just hoping the phone will ring anyday now with the good news

Comment

• Anyone know when they will accept GS-4 applicants? I have my Associate degree, but at the moment they're only accepting GS-5(Bachelors degree) and up.

I also have completed STC core corrections academy and Module level 3 LE academy. Currently in level 2. Not sure if this is considered experience. It's the academy to be a Police officer in the state of CA.
        knowledge equals confidence

Comment

• hey kimo,

i believe you can still apply with your associates under G5 if you got a combination of education and experience. are you still attending school? if not, i believe that is only way you can apply,unless if you have 3 years of exp according to the announcement. hope this helped you somewhat.
          BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Kimo View Post
            Anyone know when they will accept GS-4 applicants?
            Never.

A year working at Burger King is all you need. With an associates, all you need is 6 months of full time experience. It ain't rocket surgery...

Comment

• Random question for anyone that's taken the pft2. Just out of curiosity do you run the 220 yard dash and then the 1.5 mile or the other way around? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by sems1987 View Post
                Random question for anyone that's taken the pft2. Just out of curiosity do you run the 220 yard dash and then the 1.5 mile or the other way around? Thanks in advance.
                I just completed the pft2 last week. I can't say for certain your expereince will be the same but we did the 220 first, then sit ups, push ups and last was the 1.5 mile. We were given five minutes rest between each test. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                  Never.

A year working at Burger King is all you need. With an associates, all you need is 6 months of full time experience. It ain't rocket surgery...
                  Thanks for the fast reply. Sadly, the last couple of interviews would not work with my school schedule.

I will keep trying to get employed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                    Anyone know when they will accept GS-4 applicants? I have my Associate degree, but at the moment they're only accepting GS-5(Bachelors degree) and up.

I also have completed STC core corrections academy and Module level 3 LE academy. Currently in level 2. Not sure if this is considered experience. It's the academy to be a Police officer in the state of CA.
                    I was accepted at the GS5 level with an Associates and a year of LEO experience.

I hope they call soon. IA said that my paperwork is up to date and in order, my file is in the security office being reviewed for clearance...still! lol

Best of luck to everyone starting academy this month!
                    Waiting...I would rather be snowboarding

Comment

• i still need to take the exam on Sept 14, by the time i finish my bachelors ill hopefully finish all of the steps...lets see
                      BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by JerzeyFedz View Post
                        I'm going to Laredo (my duty station) the day before I start in a few weeks. I'm gonna look around & check out the area as much as I can. My gf lives in TX about 5hrs away.. She said everyone she has talked to says its almost just like being in Mexico.. It's going to be quite different for all of us. But hopefully this will open other doors for us in the future. Everyone has to start out somewhere I guess..
                        You will be in my Academy class that starts on the 31st. Right? After I fly to Laredo I have Orientation in El Paso, for a day or so.. Fun fun! Lol
                        My class starts on 08/29. I will be in El Paso on 08/24-08/25.

Absolutely man. Im not complaining by any stretch. Its what you make of it. The family and I decided that we dont love it...we dont hate it...we will make it work. We have friends out there. We have fellow agents to lean on...it will work out man. Just gotta keep on keepin on.

Originally posted by A_Gillespie View Post
                        You'll have to give me some details when we meet. I'm not familiar with the area, all my knowledge comes from online research. Coming from Michigan, this is going to be a huge change.
                        Yessir. I will help any way I can.
                        BPA(Geo Pref: CA)
                        NOR: 10/01/2010 - Rating 91
                        TSL1: 10/28/2010
                        OB: 12/06/2010
                        Med/PFT1: 04/05/2011
                        TSL2/E-QIP: 04/28/2011
                        BI Interview: 06/05/2011
                        BI in Sec Off: 06/17/2011
                        Drug Test: 07/05/2011
                        TSU: 07/20/2011
                        The Call: 07/29/2011
                        PFT2: 08/12/2011 - 1 mile 7:22 1.5 mile 11:18 220yd Dash 0:31
                        Sector: Yuma
                        Station: Yuma Station
                        EOD: 08/22/2011
                        Academy Date: 08/29/2011

"He Who Knows Others Is Wise. He Who Knows Himself Is Enlightened." - Tao Te Ching

Comment

Last edited by Kimo; 01-01-2019, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=LastSamurai;2845917]My class starts on 08/29. I will be in El Paso on 08/24-08/25.

Absolutely man. Im not complaining by any stretch. Its what you make of it. The family and I decided that we dont love it...we dont hate it...we will make it work. We have friends out there. We have fellow agents to lean on...it will work out man. Just gotta keep on keepin on.

Ok thats cool, ya I arrive in Laredo the 25, then El Paso the 28th (I think) & then I believe my Academy actually starts 9/1. I guess they have quite a few classes going in around the same time.

LastSamuri, How is your Spanish? I'm thinking of getting Rosetta Stone or look around online, just to help familiarize myself more..

Comment

• If someone is 37 or over can they apply? I thought border patrol was up tp 40?
                              ICE SA

Test: July 2009
                              NOR: Sept 2009
                              Interview: Nov 2009
                              NOR: Dec 30, 2010
                              TO: Jan 3, 2011
                              Medical: Jan 14, 2011
                              Drug Screen: Jan 26, 2011
                              Cleared all Pre-Employment Checks Feb 23, 2011
                              Met with BI: March 9, 2011
                              BI Complete: April 26, 2011

Comment

• Jersey, you flying in or are they letting you drive in?
                                Buddy of mine from my old Sheriff's Office got the call and his EOD is the same as yours, also Laredo.
                                See you all in the warzone soon!
                                USMS Region 3
                                Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
                                Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
                                Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
                                BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
                                Medical:2/15/10
                                MedicalReview: 4/15/10
                                FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
                                Drug: 6/5/10
                                Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
                                Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                                Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
                                Written: 12/27/10
                                NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
                                To:
                                Medical:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9787 users online. 473 members and 9314 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X