300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RAllen View Post
    Just about done with my e-QIP papers but there are some of my old supervisors that I just can't track down. Anybody know if it's a big deal if I don't have all the contact info for my past work supervisors? The time is running out for me to turn this thing in and I don't want a missing name or phone number to hold me up anymore.
    The PI will gover any missing data in your BI interview, no worries.

Comment

• I have 2 and a half weeks before the Academy. Still am waiting for my PFT2, should be either this weekend or next weekend.
      Guess this stuff takes time.. Be patient but aggressive. If your still waiting, apply everywhere, if it works, it works. If not someone else will pick you up, its just a big waiting game. Stay Positive guys

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rprieto520 View Post
          ]Why do you have to pay 5,000?
          Unlike a lot of other states, in Michigan, we have the option to put ourselves through the police academy without being hired by an agency. The academy costs approximately $5,000. Those candidates are considered "pre-service" while the candidates already hired by an agency are considered "sponsored". If you are sponsored then the agency picks up the tab.

BPA
          07/30/2010: Applied
          09/02/2010: Written exam - Passed (96)
          11/08/2010: Structured Interview - Passed
          03/29/2011: Medical/PFT1 - Passed
          04/04/2011: Drug Test - Passed
          05/28/2011: BI initiated (completed approx. mid-June)
          08/11/2011: BI Cleared CASS
          08/15/2011: TSU
          08/23/2011: The Call
          09/01/2011: PFT2
          09/12/2011: EOD, Tucson Station
          09/19/2011: Artesia, Class 989

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
            3531Marine called you a fool.
            10-4, he PM'd me.

Comment

• Took the wife and kids on a day trip to Yuma, Az this past weekend.

Toured some new sub divisions, let the kids play at a little kiddie gym, had some lunch, checked out the station, toured a few near by towns like Sommerton, Az and San Luis, Az (port of entry)...

A little bit of culture shock even for those of us from San Diego.

This is going to be interesting. We found out we had some friends who moved out there a few years ago so thats a nice surprise. Met a younger gal at one of the sub division models who is also a transplant and gave us some good info on the town.

This is gonna be an adventure ha ha.
              BPA(Geo Pref: CA)
              NOR: 10/01/2010 - Rating 91
              TSL1: 10/28/2010
              OB: 12/06/2010
              Med/PFT1: 04/05/2011
              TSL2/E-QIP: 04/28/2011
              BI Interview: 06/05/2011
              BI in Sec Off: 06/17/2011
              Drug Test: 07/05/2011
              TSU: 07/20/2011
              The Call: 07/29/2011
              PFT2: 08/12/2011 - 1 mile 7:22 1.5 mile 11:18 220yd Dash 0:31
              Sector: Yuma
              Station: Yuma Station
              EOD: 08/22/2011
              Academy Date: 08/29/2011

"He Who Knows Others Is Wise. He Who Knows Himself Is Enlightened." - Tao Te Ching

Comment

• I haven't met with my BI yet. I submitted my e-qip June 19th, and a week later it was in the security office. Still waiting for the phone call to meet. I have green checks on Drug Test, Oral Interview, Medical, PT, etc. BI is all I have left in the process.

Comment

Still waiting, BI and dryg test still pending on CASS.

I'm right with you. Hopefully things will be moving soon. It'll all happen in perfect timing. Good luck!
                  BPA:
                  BPA exam: 2/23/11
                  NOR: 3/2/11 (92)
                  TSL1: 06/03/11
                  TSL2: 06/03/11
                  Medical: 7/7/11 (Being reviewed)
                  PFT1: 7/7/11 Cleared
                  Structured Interview:7/14/11-Passed
                  BI: In the Security Office

HSI SA:
                  Applied: 06/07/11

Comment

• Originally posted by A_o_C57 View Post
                    I haven't met with my BI yet. I submitted my e-qip June 19th, and a week later it was in the security office. Still waiting for the phone call to meet. I have green checks on Drug Test, Oral Interview, Medical, PT, etc. BI is all I have left in the process.
                    I submitted mine a month later around July 20. Looks like we are on the same track. Keep me updated just so i can roughly get an idea of how long i have to wait.
                    NOR (09/14/10): 90 (No VP)
                    TSL1 (10/04/10)
                    OB (12/03/10)
                    MED/1 ST PFT (03/21/11)
                    DRUG TEST (04/08/11)
                    TSL2/E-QIP (07/19/11)
                    MEET BI (10/18/11)

Comment

]Why do you have to pay 5,000?
                      thats how much it is to go to the acadamy its like turition for college

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanburcham View Post
                        hey everyone just looking for some opinions and avice anybody has, thinking about going into the police acadamy in the next few months so wouldnt be done with it until about nine months fron now. I've completed everything for the border patrol just waiting on my BI to get completed and get a phone call its been about 2 months now since my BI was turned in. So should I go into the police acadmy and pay the 5000 grand for it or should I wait for a little while to see if i get a phone call?
                        Ouch 5k, personally I'd pass on that and wait for the Call

Comment

• Originally posted by dnj1107 View Post
                          I'm right with you. Hopefully things will be moving soon. It'll all happen in perfect timing. Good luck!
                          Thanks maybe will will all get The Call around the same time.

Comment

• Just talked to IA and they said they my file is being adjudicated, one step in the right direction I guess. Last week I talk to IA and they said it was waiting to be given to an adjudicator. Hopefully good news soon.

Comment

• How long was your wait between when your case went into the security office to meeting with your BI to being adjudicated? I know it's different for everyone but I'm trying to gauge others.

Comment

• Originally posted by LastSamurai View Post
                                Took the wife and kids on a day trip to Yuma, Az this past weekend.

Toured some new sub divisions, let the kids play at a little kiddie gym, had some lunch, checked out the station, toured a few near by towns like Sommerton, Az and San Luis, Az (port of entry)...

A little bit of culture shock even for those of us from San Diego.

This is going to be interesting. We found out we had some friends who moved out there a few years ago so thats a nice surprise. Met a younger gal at one of the sub division models who is also a transplant and gave us some good info on the town.

This is gonna be an adventure ha ha.
                                I'm going to Laredo (my duty station) the day before I start in a few weeks. I'm gonna look around & check out the area as much as I can. My gf lives in TX about 5hrs away.. She said everyone she has talked to says its almost just like being in Mexico.. It's going to be quite different for all of us. But hopefully this will open other doors for us in the future. Everyone has to start out somewhere I guess..
                                You will be in my Academy class that starts on the 31st. Right? After I fly to Laredo I have Orientation in El Paso, for a day or so.. Fun fun! Lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4464 users online. 239 members and 4225 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X