Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have my medical and fitness exams tomorrow. Anyone else in the process up here in NY?

Comment

• So i'm updating my netflix and i run into this move called LINEWATCH...anyone seen it??

A border patrol officer is forced to leave his post in New Mexico and revisit his murky past as a Los Angeles gangbanger when his nephew makes an enemy out of his former gang leader. Cuba Gooding Jr. and Evan Ross (son of legendary songstress Diana Ross) co-star in this gritty action-thriller that was filmed on location on the Mexico border and takes its inspiration straight from the headlines

Comment

• Quick question for everyone. Does anyone know if you can submit your transcripts at a later date from the rest of your background packet? One more thing too. I think the recruiter said has to be sent BY the due date? Is that true or does it has to be in someone's hands at the due date? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• I saw that movie a while ago. It is ok if you are bored but it is rather outlandish and has no bearing on how the BP really is according to what I know.

I've been in TSU for 2 weeks now and no call yet.

Comment

• Wow. I'm a little surprised, I thought people were flying out the door for BPA slots. Perhaps it has slowed down?
            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• I believe its the geo preference. I choose CA which I think has slowed down unlike the other areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bastille View Post
                I believe its the geo preference. I choose CA which I think has slowed down unlike the other areas.
                Perhaps. I chose CA as my preference too, which could explain why my app has been at a standstill since mid August. Oh well. Good luck wth getting on with becoming a BPA.
                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• If you are not in TSU, your geo preference won't effect you.

Comment

• Question..

If you are transferred to TSU.. do they still continue doing a background check or are you just on a list waiting to be scheduled?

Comment

• If you are in TSU, you are just waiting to be scheduled a start date. If you were given an interim clearance then your BI will process during and/or after TSU until it is finished.

Comment

• Well unfortunatly I have withdrew my application. My BI was processed and per my request, my current employer was not contacted. CBP reached out to my Investigator and requested/demanded that he either contact my current employer or I withdraw my application. (and I only had one day to make the decision)...I chose to withdraw......The reason I didnt want my current employer contacted was my fear of beiing terminated for looking for other employment. As you all know (those who have gone through this) its not simply an Employee Verification, its meetings at my workplace and full notification of my intentions. I guess it was the fear of the unknown....too many what if's...what if I didnt get a call for 2 years and I was terminated from my current employer...I know sometimes you just have to take a chance but I couldnt put my self in that situation....I plan to look for a new job...with full intentions to notify them of my future goals (pertaining to my career)....Does anyone know if I will need to start from scratch? i.e. repeat every step in the process? Thanks in advance for your help/information...
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        DEA Diversion Investigator

Interview&Written Test 2/22/10
                        Medical
                        BI

US Park Police
                        Application Submitted
                        NOR- 78

Border Patrol
                        Written Test- 93%

Comment

• Originally posted by kenny2745 View Post
                          ....Does anyone know if I will need to start from scratch? i.e. repeat every step in the process? Thanks in advance for your help/information...
                          Depending on how long you wait to reapply, all of your completed steps may carry over. I think the written test and OB are good for three years, but the med, PT and drug test are good for a year. Don't quote me on the dates, though.

Comment

• After a short period of inactivity, my BI has been statred, and thisngs are moving forward.
                            BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
                            Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
                            Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
                            Med---09/02/2008--Passed
                            Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
                            Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
                            Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

• wow man that sucks, i sure as hell wouldn't have withdrew esp after how far you made it...

hell i lost my job the day after i met with the BI..

i'm still going to ride it out, i'm too close just to quit b/c of a what if

Comment

• Anyone know if you get OCed and tazed in Artesia?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11545 users online. 436 members and 11109 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X