300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Philly8979 View Post
    Looks like I'll see you down there brotha. I was offered Douglas, AZ for 8/29 start date. I'll see ya down there.
    Congrats on The call. When did you finish your BI ? Take your drug test before or after your BI.

Comment

• Anyone know if you took the Oral board in NOV. 2010 and passed would you have to take it over under the new announcement?

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• is there a state everyone on here prefers that would be decent living conditions,work,neighborhood etc? i mean i know many of the duty locations are border towns. i am in new york,so i was kind of wondering which geo location could work out best for me. i don't mind a lot or a little work, but i am definitely having trouble picking a geo location lol.
          BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• Just to clarify an earlier post, these are the geo pref options as they have been for at least 6-7 years:

1. Applicants must be willing to accept placement anywhere along the Southwest border of the United States. However, you will be able to identify the one location where you would prefer to work. The four preferred worksite areas are South Texas, West Texas/New Mexico, California and Arizona. In order for your application to be processed, you must choose one geographic location where you would prefer to work.

991 - South Texas. South Texas includes the Laredo Border Patrol Sector and the Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol Sector.
              992 - West Texas/New Mexico. West Texas/New Mexico includes the Del Rio Border Patrol Sector, El Paso Border Patrol Sector, and Marfa Border Patrol Sector.
              993 - California. California includes the El Centro Border Patrol Sector and the San Diego Border Patrol Sector.
              994 - Arizona. Arizona includes the Tucson Border Patrol Sector and Yuma Border Patrol Sector.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leohopefull90 View Post
                Anyone know if you took the Oral board in NOV. 2010 and passed would you have to take it over under the new announcement?
                OB results are good for 3 years (assuming that you passed)
                NOR (09/14/10): 90 (No VP)
                TSL1 (10/04/10)
                OB (12/03/10)
                MED/1 ST PFT (03/21/11)
                DRUG TEST (04/08/11)
                TSL2/E-QIP (07/19/11)
                MEET BI (10/18/11)

Comment

• Got the call. Start orientation in El Paso 8/22, academy 8/29. Picked Lordsburg, NM over Marfa, TX.
                  BP
                  Test- 9/18/08 (El Paso)
                  NOR- 9/18/08 (98 no vet)
                  PUT ON HOLD B/C OF MILITARY
                  Reactivated- 7/8/09 (103 w/vet)
                  Fitness/physical- July 2009 (passed)
                  Drug test- August 2009 (passed)
                  Oral board - October 2009 (passed)
                  Stop-lossed and deployed to Iraq
                  BI- February 2010 (passed)
                  Switched application from northern border to southern border- September 2010
                  TSU- Dec 2, 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by stimble View Post
                    Got the call. Start orientation in El Paso 8/22, academy 8/29. Picked Lordsburg, NM over Marfa, TX.
                    Didi you get the call on sat?

Comment

• I will be accepting the offer for Yuma station. The other two that got picked for Yuma...see u gents down there on 08/22. Glad to have some new buds goin to the same station. If you all want to exchange cell numbers message me. I'm excited woo hoo!
                      BPA(Geo Pref: CA)
                      NOR: 10/01/2010 - Rating 91
                      TSL1: 10/28/2010
                      OB: 12/06/2010
                      Med/PFT1: 04/05/2011
                      TSL2/E-QIP: 04/28/2011
                      BI Interview: 06/05/2011
                      BI in Sec Off: 06/17/2011
                      Drug Test: 07/05/2011
                      TSU: 07/20/2011
                      The Call: 07/29/2011
                      PFT2: 08/12/2011 - 1 mile 7:22 1.5 mile 11:18 220yd Dash 0:31
                      Sector: Yuma
                      Station: Yuma Station
                      EOD: 08/22/2011
                      Academy Date: 08/29/2011

"He Who Knows Others Is Wise. He Who Knows Himself Is Enlightened." - Tao Te Ching

Comment

• Just joining the thread - decided to re-use my written score from 09 and reapply. I'm prior fed LE, but I've been out since late 2009 due to family issues (divorce, custody). What's the timeline like lately once I'm back in the applicant pool?
                        U.S. Border Patrol
                        Written - 09/2009 scored 92
                        Re-applied 08/2011
                        TSL-1 Received 9/07/2011
                        PFT1 - Passed - 10/11/2011
                        Medical 10/11/2011 Pending
                        Oral Board - 11/19/2011 PASSED
                        GL09 Eligible - 10-22-2011
                        TSL2 10-21-2011
                        BI - Fingerprint cards mailed 11/17/2011,
                        SF86 E-Quip submitted, BI Begins 11-31-2011
                        Medical Cleared 12/2011
                        BI submitted by investigator 12/19/2011 Cleared 6-25-2012
                        Poly 4-2012
                        Drug Test Passsed 6-25-2012
                        TSU Refered to EOD 6-25-2012
                        Waiting for the Calll!

Comment

• Originally posted by apco25 View Post
                          ...What's the timeline like lately once I'm back in the applicant pool?
                          Take a look at my signature. I hope it helps.
                          "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
                          Written Test: 10/04/10
                          NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
                          TSL 1: 11/17/10
                          OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
                          Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
                          TSL 2: 04/29/11.
                          e-QIP: 05/08/11
                          BI Interview: 07/26/11
                          Drug test: 08/05/11
                          Polygraph: 02/08/2012
                          CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
                          Written Test: 12/09/10
                          NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
                          TSL 1: 06/14/11
                          PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
                          VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by pepe View Post
                            Take a look at my signature. I hope it helps.
                            I wouldn't necessarily go by the timeline of those of us who applied last year. The new announcement says

"Due to the high volume of applications being received and processed for the Border Patrol Agent position you may experience a wait of six to nine months before you are contacted."

It might be a lot longer wait for the new announcement. It took us a year, but before that, it was taking applicants 2.5-3 years sometimes.
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Not to mention the impending budget cuts that are likely going to come from the debt negotiations. This latest hiring opening looks somewhat like a crap shoot.

Comment

• Can anyone give me some solid info on how to check if your BI is lost or hung up somewhere. I always read these "I called and they checked and found it behind a file cabinet" posts but when I call they just say "that is handled by Internal Affairs and we don't know until they tell us they are finished."

I had my BI interview in early Feb 2011 and then in late June I passed the poly. My assumption is that a poly is ordered only when you finished the BI, but I can't get confirmation on that. So it's been about 6 months since my BI and 1 month since I passed the poly.

At what point can I call and find out if it is held up or do I have to wait until 9 months after my BI started to make a stink.

Took the test in frikkin Fall of 2009 and now I'm reading posts where people who started the process 5 months ago have gotten the call...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9059 users online. 287 members and 8772 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X