300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post deleted
    Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• LOL thanks for the snap back to reality there buddy. You're right.

I think I was just expecting San Diego or Tucson. Having the desert and the river as a playground isnt really that bad lol. Been doin it my whole life.
      BPA(Geo Pref: CA)
      NOR: 10/01/2010 - Rating 91
      TSL1: 10/28/2010
      OB: 12/06/2010
      Med/PFT1: 04/05/2011
      TSL2/E-QIP: 04/28/2011
      BI Interview: 06/05/2011
      BI in Sec Off: 06/17/2011
      Drug Test: 07/05/2011
      TSU: 07/20/2011
      The Call: 07/29/2011
      PFT2: 08/12/2011 - 1 mile 7:22 1.5 mile 11:18 220yd Dash 0:31
      Sector: Yuma
      Station: Yuma Station
      EOD: 08/22/2011
      Academy Date: 08/29/2011

"He Who Knows Others Is Wise. He Who Knows Himself Is Enlightened." - Tao Te Ching

Comment

• Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
        Thanks for the list...is there a list of places that would be ideal/good to be stationed? I was reading a few back where someone got San Clemente...that's a very good spot, well, location-wise at least.
        I heard that Murrieta/Temecula station is the best. Agents stay at the station an average of 15 years. People do not transfer from that station. They retire from that station.

Comment

• It really depends on what you want. There are some stations in bad locations that offer great work. Then there are stations that are in great locations that offer minimal work. I'll work on a list outlining such things. In the mean time, if you get offered stations and need help deciding which one to chose feel free to pm me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miajr84 View Post
            I heard that Murrieta/Temecula station is the best. Agents stay at the station an average of 15 years. People do not transfer from that station. They retire from that station.
            You can pretty much rule Murrieta out. There are a few stations that new agents almost never get assigned to. This is one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
              You can pretty much rule Murrieta out. There are a few stations that new agents almost never get assigned to. This is one of them.
              I figured that since they have agents an average of 15 years at that station.

Comment

• Look, like o2force said, it all comes down to what you want, and in my opinion, what you are used to...
                If you are a big city kinda guy, anything other than Tucson or San D is not going to sound appealing at all. On the other hand, some of the stations that o2force (no pun intended bro) mentioned are not THAT bad. I can definitely vouch for Calexico, CA and Del Rio, TX since I have lived there before (currently live in Del Rio).
                If anybody has any questions about Del Rio, give me a holler....
                BPA
                BPA test date: 8/21/10
                TSU: 2/6/12
                EOD: ???

CBPO
                Got the call!
                PFT2: 3/23
                EOD: 4/9
                FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• I guess it just what people want really.
                  Last edited by bryanburcham; 07-29-2011, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miajr84 View Post
                    Ever heard the phrase retired on duty? There are some good workers at those stations and they stand out, but there ain't much to do (or that you're allowed to do) up there. SCM and MUR were detailed to our checkpoints for a few months and one day I had two trainees that were just off journeyman. I asked them what they do up there and they talked about driving around town and driving by the beach... Basically waiting for the locals to call for a "translator." I asked them if they had ever pushed a group or cut for sign. They replied that they had chased bailouts before. They were oblivious to what the rest of us were doing catching groups and dope out in the brush.

Comment

• and my list wasn't a list of bad stations, but a list of stations I feel are less inviting than Yuma. I live and work at one of those stations on the list and I am happy.
                      Last edited by o2force; 07-29-2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LastSamurai View Post
                        LOL! I know right.

Its just allot to plan in such a short period of time. Im sure I will get it figured out this weekend.
                        Conrats on the call! Hope everything works out. When did your finish the BI

Comment

• Originally posted by LastSamurai View Post
                          LOL thanks for the snap back to reality there buddy. You're right.

I think I was just expecting San Diego or Tucson. Having the desert and the river as a playground isnt really that bad lol. Been doin it my whole life.
                          Looks like I'll see you down there brotha. I was offered Douglas, AZ for 8/29 start date. I'll see ya down there.
                          BPA:
                          Test: 08/2010; BI Interview: 05/2011; TSU: 07/28/2011; EOD: 8/29

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:21 AM.

Comment

• I put it on the list exactly because it's a 45 minute commute from Alpine and a 50 minute commute from El Centro. 45 minutes up and down those mountains every day would wear on you. It's simply in the middle of no where. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great station, aside from the wind up there. I never said it was a bad station, I said I would rather live in and work in a town like yuma because it's a decent town and it would be an easy commute.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
                                I put it on the list exactly because it's a 45 minute commute from Alpine and a 50 minute commute from El Centro. 45 minutes up and down those mountains every day would wear on you. It's simply in the middle of no where. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great station, aside from the wind up there. I never said it was a bad station, I said I would rather live in and work in a town like yuma because it's a decent town and it would be an easy commute.
                                Its 10 minutes east of Campo and very few people actually drive themselves to either station.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7858 users online. 375 members and 7483 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X