300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
    Congratulations guys on Yuma. Haven't seen that station mentioned in a while. What was you geo preference?
    MY geo preference was CA, but I'm more than pleased with Yuma because I have family there. Out of every place they could have sent me, it just happens to be the place where I know a few people.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
      San Diego was not a choice, they are and have been: CA, AZ, W TX/NM, and S TX.
      Not to start an argument but San Diego was ABSOLUTELY a choice when I filled out the online application back in November. I don't know why it listed the city rather than the state and I am corrected all the time when I say my pref was San Diego. I was even corrected by the agents conducting my OB when they asked me. I said San Diego because that is what I chose during the application process.

I now know to say CA so as not to be corrected or sound like a newbie to this process...just sayin'...
      Border Patrol Agent
      Applied - 11/11/2010
      Written Exam - 1/11/2011
      NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
      TSL1 - 5/25/2011
      TSL2 - 6/1/2011
      PFT1 - 6/24/2011
      BI Interview - 7/7/2011
      Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
      Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
      Background Completed - 11/1/2011
      Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by zkostrze View Post
        Not to start an argument but San Diego was ABSOLUTELY a choice when I filled out the online application back in November. I don't know why it listed the city rather than the state and I am corrected all the time when I say my pref was San Diego. I was even corrected by the agents conducting my OB when they asked me. I said San Diego because that is what I chose during the application process.

I now know to say CA so as not to be corrected or sound like a newbie to this process...just sayin'...
        I remember selecting a city with mine as well. Throughout the process that changed to just CA...but When asked I answered the same thing San Diego Sector / Ca. I also remember receiving an email stating that CBP had openings in my requested area, etc etc. I would be happy with any station though. : )

Wow...another one for Yuma. Congrats guys. River fun! lol
        BPA(Geo Pref: CA)
        NOR: 10/01/2010 - Rating 91
        TSL1: 10/28/2010
        OB: 12/06/2010
        Med/PFT1: 04/05/2011
        TSL2/E-QIP: 04/28/2011
        BI Interview: 06/05/2011
        BI in Sec Off: 06/17/2011
        Drug Test: 07/05/2011
        TSU: 07/20/2011
        The Call: 07/29/2011
        PFT2: 08/12/2011 - 1 mile 7:22 1.5 mile 11:18 220yd Dash 0:31
        Sector: Yuma
        Station: Yuma Station
        EOD: 08/22/2011
        Academy Date: 08/29/2011

"He Who Knows Others Is Wise. He Who Knows Himself Is Enlightened." - Tao Te Ching

Comment

+1

In fact, and if my memory doesn't betray me, I was given the chance to pick three options in order of preference.
          "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
          Written Test: 10/04/10
          NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
          TSL 1: 11/17/10
          OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
          Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
          TSL 2: 04/29/11.
          e-QIP: 05/08/11
          BI Interview: 07/26/11
          Drug test: 08/05/11
          Polygraph: 02/08/2012
          CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
          Written Test: 12/09/10
          NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
          TSL 1: 06/14/11
          PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
          VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

Well perhaps they modified the announcement after I applied because there was no place where I could choose specific sectors when I applied. However I did apply for CBP Officer around the same time and it did allow you to choose specific locations.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Hi Everyone! Haven't logged in for quite some time, but my case is in the hands of IA. Finally received a call back for an update. I'm one of the few chosen ones to have a polygraph examination. No date has been set yet, but I should be expecting a call soon to schedule one (according to IA rep). All I can do is hope for the best, I guess!
              BPA - SW
              App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

• Originally posted by R6 View Post
                your timeline is almost identical. must be a los angeles thing. they are saving the best for last!
                I think it's a big city thing, i have an identical time line. Not from L.A. but from NY.... its tough waiting, but it will be worth it one day.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA n 2011 View Post
                  I'm one of the few chosen ones to have a polygraph examination. No date has been set yet, but I should be expecting a call soon to schedule one (according to IA rep). All I can do is hope for the best, I guess!
                  Best of Luck
                  NOR (09/14/10): 90 (No VP)
                  TSL1 (10/04/10)
                  OB (12/03/10)
                  MED/1 ST PFT (03/21/11)
                  DRUG TEST (04/08/11)
                  TSL2/E-QIP (07/19/11)
                  MEET BI (10/18/11)

Comment

• CBP stated that approximately 30% of individuals taking the CBP polygraph fail it. I think it's pretty unfair to polygraph some, but not others.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
                      CBP stated that approximately 30% of individuals taking the CBP polygraph fail it. I think it's pretty unfair to polygraph some, but not others.
                      It's unfair indeed. I already had a bitter experience with a polygraph exam while applying with the Los Angeles Sheriff Department. Polygrapher told me I had inconsistencies related to gang association. I was literally "LMFAO". Never in my life have I been part of something so pathetic like a gang. I was fruatrated, mad, bothered, and everything you could imagine. I was given the opportunity to take another polygraph but this time it would be a specific one with emphasis in gangs and drugs. Passed it with flying colors.

It's sad to put your future in the hands of a flaw procedure such as the "lie detector". I'd rather have MHC toss a coin to decide my faith. I think I'd be more fair.

BTW, During my meeting with my BI I was told I was taking a polygraph right after saying I was naturalized. That would make sense due to national security issues. But what about other people, why are they being polygraphed?
                      "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
                      Written Test: 10/04/10
                      NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
                      TSL 1: 11/17/10
                      OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
                      Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
                      TSL 2: 04/29/11.
                      e-QIP: 05/08/11
                      BI Interview: 07/26/11
                      Drug test: 08/05/11
                      Polygraph: 02/08/2012
                      CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
                      Written Test: 12/09/10
                      NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
                      TSL 1: 06/14/11
                      PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
                      VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by pepe View Post
                        It's unfair indeed. I already had a bitter experience with a polygraph exam while applying with the Los Angeles Sheriff Department. Polygrapher told me I had inconsistencies related to gang association. I was literally "LMFAO". Never in my life have I been part of something so pathetic like a gang. I was fruatrated, mad, bothered, and everything you could imagine. I was given the opportunity to take another polygraph but this time it would be a specific one with emphasis in gangs and drugs. Passed it with flying colors.

It's sad to put your future in the hands of a flaw procedure such as the "lie detector". I'd rather have MHC toss a coin to decide my faith. I think I'd be more fair.

BTW, During my meeting with my BI I was told I was taking a polygraph right after saying I was naturalized. That would make sense due to national security issues. But what about other people, why are they being polygraphed?
                        Luck of the draw man. Financially they cant do everyone. So as with most quality control measures its most efficient to do a large enough sample size to make assumptions based on the results.

*Shrug* Jus the way things go. In a perfect world we would all take a poly. : )

"He Who Knows Others Is Wise. He Who Knows Himself Is Enlightened." - Tao Te Ching

Comment

• Originally posted by LastSamurai View Post
                          I remember selecting a city with mine as well. Throughout the process that changed to just CA...but When asked I answered the same thing San Diego Sector / Ca. I also remember receiving an email stating that CBP had openings in my requested area, etc etc. I would be happy with any station though. : )

Wow...another one for Yuma. Congrats guys. River fun! lol
                          You sure the city you selected wasn't for your oral board or pft2 location ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Miajr84 View Post
                            You sure the city you selected wasn't for your oral board or pft2 location ?
                            Meh...I dont recall now.

Moot point I guess considering my current geo is considered "CA" lol. I checked my NOR and on there it lists geo as "CA" and that was about as early in the process as it gets.

Comment

• Does anybody know why there isnt anything regrading the pft2 on CASS? Still unclear if i do that befor the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by rprieto520 View Post
                                Does anybody know why there isnt anything regrading the pft2 on CASS? Still unclear if i do that befor the academy?
                                It does not appear on Cass. Cass is to show how many steps until you reach TSU (training scheduling unit). Once in TSU, you recieve a phone call for your station assignment and academy date. The pft2 is administered for your safety. If you can't pass the pft2, you may injure yourself at the academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8150 users online. 216 members and 7934 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X