Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by pepe View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but why to El Paso?
    I dunno, but everyone already had to go through El Paso to get to ART.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by madchiken View Post
      I dunno, but everyone already had to go through El Paso to get to ART.
      So I just got the call for my Entrance on Duty (EOD) date today. I didn't even receive notification that I was put in TSU. I submitted an updated PPA form (replaced the FCIP) late last night. I then played phone tag from early this morning until this afternoon and we finally got a hold of each other.

      So I was offered the Yuma Station in the Yuma Sector, EOD 8/22 and Academy start date of 8/29. The guy on the phone was very informative and I asked about the trip to El Paso. Basically it's a continuation of orientation. So you have about 2 days of orientation at your designated sector, and another couple of days in El Paso. From there, they take you to the Academy.

      My only beef right now if getting out of jury duty that is scheduled for 8/24. If that can't happen, my offer will be deferred.
      Border Patrol Agent (Southwest Border)
      Applied: 7/15/10
      Exam: 8/20/10
      Exam Results: 8/25/10 (92)
      TSL 1: 9/10/10
      TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/18/10
      Oral Board: 10/19/10 (Passed)
      Medical/PFT1: 10/20/10
      Drug Test: 3/16/11 (Passed)
      Background Investigation Forms Follow-up: 4/10/11
      Background Investigation Interview: 6/10/11
      The Call: 7/27/2011 (EOD 8/22/2011, Yuma, AZ)
      TSU: 7/29/2011

      PFT II: 8/11/2001 (Failed Due to High Blood Pressue)
      The Call (2nd): 9/1/2011 (EOD 9/22/2011, Casa Grande, AZ)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Miajr84 View Post
        My timeline is in my signature. My timeline moves at an average pace at best. In my opinion it seems like yours slowed to a crawl.
        wow...it took you awhile to meet your BI and have your BI clear but overall your process is going smooth. i can only hope it does not take me that long since im already going for 10 months in the process and barely received my BI forms

        overall, im staying positive. im assuming they can only take so many people in the academy at one time and ill eventually (if god permits) get through the hiring process and to the academy as well
        NOR (09/14/10): 90 (No VP)
        TSL1 (10/04/10)
        OB (12/03/10)
        MED/1 ST PFT (03/21/11)
        DRUG TEST (04/08/11)
        TSL2/E-QIP (07/19/11)
        MEET BI (10/18/11)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by A_Gillespie View Post
          So I just got the call for my Entrance on Duty (EOD) date today. I didn't even receive notification that I was put in TSU. I submitted an updated PPA form (replaced the FCIP) late last night. I then played phone tag from early this morning until this afternoon and we finally got a hold of each other.

          So I was offered the Yuma Station in the Yuma Sector, EOD 8/22 and Academy start date of 8/29. The guy on the phone was very informative and I asked about the trip to El Paso. Basically it's a continuation of orientation. So you have about 2 days of orientation at your designated sector, and another couple of days in El Paso. From there, they take you to the Academy.

          My only beef right now if getting out of jury duty that is scheduled for 8/24. If that can't happen, my offer will be deferred.
          On 8/22, you no longer live in MI and do not need to attend jury duty in a state you do not live in.

          Comment


          • Congratulations guys on Yuma. Haven't seen that station mentioned in a while. What was you geo preference?
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


            BOP - BPA - ICE

            Comment


            • Originally posted by madchiken View Post
              On 8/22, you no longer live in MI and do not need to attend jury duty in a state you do not live in.
              could have not said it better my self... i would really push with getting away with jury duty
              NOR (09/14/10): 90 (No VP)
              TSL1 (10/04/10)
              OB (12/03/10)
              MED/1 ST PFT (03/21/11)
              DRUG TEST (04/08/11)
              TSL2/E-QIP (07/19/11)
              MEET BI (10/18/11)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by juicedkobra View Post
                Welcome to the forum. My timeline is similar to yours. I took the exam in Los Angeles.


                written test: 9-9-10
                NOR:9-13-10
                TSL: 10-04-10
                OB: 12-07-10
                Medical and Fitness: 3-21-11
                Drug Test:4-14-11
                Background in Security:4-28-11
                Credit pulled:6-7-11
                BI:????
                Poly:??
                TSU:??
                your timeline is almost identical. must be a los angeles thing. they are saving the best for last!
                NOR (09/14/10): 90 (No VP)
                TSL1 (10/04/10)
                OB (12/03/10)
                MED/1 ST PFT (03/21/11)
                DRUG TEST (04/08/11)
                TSL2/E-QIP (07/19/11)
                MEET BI (10/18/11)

                Comment


                • Congrats to everyone receiving calls! I wonder how many academy classes they have slated for August?

                  I hope to hear something soon. The job market here in the midwest is bleak. My geo is San Diego...
                  Waiting...I would rather be snowboarding

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dcsnoboard22 View Post
                    My geo is San Diego...
                    San Diego was not a choice, they are and have been: CA, AZ, W TX/NM, and S TX.

                    Comment


                    • I stand corrected then. CA is my Geo Preference. Can you tell it has been forever? lol
                      Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                      San Diego was not a choice, they are and have been: CA, AZ, W TX/NM, and S TX.
                      Waiting...I would rather be snowboarding

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dcsnoboard22 View Post
                        Congrats to everyone receiving calls! I wonder how many academy classes they have slated for August?

                        I hope to hear something soon. The job market here in the midwest is bleak. My geo is San Diego...
                        Supposedly they have 2 academy classes a week. They are already in the 20's of August. Hope the trend continues to 2 a week for September.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Miajr84 View Post
                          Supposedly they have 2 academy classes a week. They are already in the 20's of August. Hope the trend continues to 2 a week for September.
                          I second this! Good luck to the rest of us!
                          Waiting...I would rather be snowboarding

                          Comment


                          • Keep in mind that when your geo preference is California, you could very well get Calexico. Another example is people who choose Arizona thinking they will get Tucson, well I saw a couple of guys who got Yuma today.

                            Even if your preference is California, a lot of people still get offers for Arizona.
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


                            BOP - BPA - ICE

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by R6 View Post
                              wow...it took you awhile to meet your BI and have your BI clear but overall your process is going smooth. i can only hope it does not take me that long since im already going for 10 months in the process and barely received my BI forms

                              overall, im staying positive. im assuming they can only take so many people in the academy at one time and ill eventually (if god permits) get through the hiring process and to the academy as well
                              Big cause of my delay was from Nov 2010 to April 2011 my EQip was done on paper. They made me redo it electronically over the internet. Once i redid it, I had a BI investigator within a month.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                                Congratulations guys on Yuma. Haven't seen that station mentioned in a while. What was you geo preference?
                                Thanks, my geo preference was AZ.

                                How does Yuma compare to other locations in AZ. It looks like one of the more hospitable locations.
                                Border Patrol Agent (Southwest Border)
                                Applied: 7/15/10
                                Exam: 8/20/10
                                Exam Results: 8/25/10 (92)
                                TSL 1: 9/10/10
                                TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/18/10
                                Oral Board: 10/19/10 (Passed)
                                Medical/PFT1: 10/20/10
                                Drug Test: 3/16/11 (Passed)
                                Background Investigation Forms Follow-up: 4/10/11
                                Background Investigation Interview: 6/10/11
                                The Call: 7/27/2011 (EOD 8/22/2011, Yuma, AZ)
                                TSU: 7/29/2011

                                PFT II: 8/11/2001 (Failed Due to High Blood Pressue)
                                The Call (2nd): 9/1/2011 (EOD 9/22/2011, Casa Grande, AZ)

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10691 users online. 486 members and 10205 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X