Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSU-10/15/08.... How long does it usually take to get "the call"?

Comment

• time to buy new running shoes, thinking i might as well get a pair i can take to the academy when the time comes. anybody know what we can and cant take as far as running shoes? is their any restrictions on brand, or colors? anybody recommend a good type of shoe? ive been running with new balance and i go through them too fast.

Comment

• Personally I like New Balance and Asics for running. I have had Nike's and Adidas and went through them in a couple months. I have been running on my new balances for almost a year. Then I only wear them for running, not for street shoes. That helps them last.
        BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
        Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
        Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
        Med---09/02/2008--Passed
        Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
        Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
        Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

• Sent out my nopa last week on monday

guess what

FedEx lost it....its due tomorrow and they couldnt deliver it tuesday so they sent it back to the facility. Now they dont know what is going on with it. Its due in the Security Divisions office tomorrow and FedEx doesnt have a clue.

This has been the most horrific process of my lifeeeee!

:-/ lol

Comment

• WOOOT!!!!...Passed my oral board yesterday. That was intense! Time to finish up my background and get it sent out. What a quick process this is. After passing that oral board I feel like I'll be able to make it.

Comment

• I've been getting calls all week from people who I listed as references on my SF-86. They said my BI has been either calling them or coming over for a 'visit'. I wonder how long now...
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                I've been getting calls all week from people who I listed as references on my SF-86. They said my BI has been either calling them or coming over for a 'visit'. I wonder how long now...

well @ least yours is moving along.i last i seen my BI he said he had to go in the hosp for like 2 freaking weeks so he met me,interviewed like 1 job a few neighbors then hit the brakes...i mean is someone else helping or he does everything....

i was wishing i would know if i'm in or not by turkey day....

and since i've lived a quite a few states and had over 20 jobs..guess not

Comment

• Originally posted by JustJersey1 View Post
                  Anyone else from Jersey?

Drug test tomorrow

new brunswick

Comment

• Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
                    Sent out my nopa last week on monday

guess what

FedEx lost it....its due tomorrow and they couldnt deliver it tuesday so they sent it back to the facility. Now they dont know what is going on with it. Its due in the Security Divisions office tomorrow and FedEx doesnt have a clue.

This has been the most horrific process of my lifeeeee!

:-/ lol

Speaking as a soon to be retired FedEx Express courier, I am sincerely sorry and embarrassed that this happened to you. Make sure you call 1-800-GOFEDEX with the tracking number if you have it, and tell them about your situation. Sounds like the driver couldn't find the exact location to deliver it or couldn't obtain a signature and took it back to his station.

BORDER PATROL AGENT

Applied online: April 2008
                    Tested : 3MAY2008
                    Mailed application/prints: 24MAY2008
                    Phys/Fitness : June 2008
                    Medically cleared: July 2008
                    BI completed : August 2008
                    Qualifications cleared for Grade 5: September 2008
                    "The Call": 12OCT2008
                    Report for orientation at El Centro sector: 27OCT2008
                    FLETC: 30OCT2008

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Shiherlis View Post
                      ...I am sincerely sorry and embarrassed that this happened to you.
                      From what I've read previously, FedEx has actually done him a favor by misplacing his NOPA reply. Don't feel all that sorry...

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        From what I've read previously, FedEx has actually done him a favor by misplacing his NOPA reply. Don't feel all that sorry...

Not sure what you mean by this? lol

Comment

Not sure what you mean by this? lol
                          Bud, you were told long, long ago that there was almost no chance of beating your NOPA and that your best course of action was to withdraw.

Your continuing onward will almost certainly lead you to a determination of unsuitability for the position. By whatever twist of fate, FedEx has saved you from that...at least for the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            Bud, you were told long, long ago that there was almost no chance of beating your NOPA and that your best course of action was to withdraw.

Your continuing onward will almost certainly lead you to a determination of unsuitability for the position. By whatever twist of fate, FedEx has saved you from that...at least for the moment.
                            +2

Comment

• Well unfortunately I would rather be deemed unsuitable and retry again. I have not lied, omitted, or broken my integrity for any reason during this application process. I have been 100% completely honest. Ill admit I have screwed up and I am paying for it now. But I am by no means a quitter.
                              At the end of the day I would rather regret the decision for taking the chance, Rather than not taking it at all.

Comment

But I am by no means a quitter.
                                At the end of the day I would rather regret the decision for taking the chance, Rather than not taking it at all.

That's one way of looking at it. But the other way of looking at it is that you are being bull-headed and it may hurt you in the long run. No one is going to call you a quitter if you withdraw your application when its the prudent thing to do.

I wouldn't normally jump into the fray here, but I responded earlier to a post of yours about whether to withdraw your application. (I didn't realize then that you had been given a lot of good advice already to withdraw.)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11367 users online. 388 members and 10979 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X